Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia Round 3.5

+6
Green Machine
Nihil
Like9Orphans
Hans Gruber
Hugh Jorgan
Arc
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mafia Round 3.5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mafia Round 3.5

Post by Like9Orphans Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:19 am

Damn autocorrect that corrects it to a non-distant word.
Vote to lynch: THR
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:24 am

Also we are getting a whole lot of nowhere with this this far. Moar discussion is needed to continue gaming purposes. This is the complete opposite of our last game where we had 4 pages by now. (Granted we had 14 people instead) but we have need for more discussion since no one talked yesterday at all. Question for the purposes of continuing said discussion. Breakfast in the morning yay or nay? And if so what kind? If not why not?
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Like9Orphans wrote:Question for the purposes of continuing said discussion. Breakfast in the morning yay or nay? And if so what kind? If not why not?
I start my day with peanut butter on crackers. A dose of protein is a great way to lead on any occasion.
Now a question for the 9 of you little shits. Why this question? Do you really expect scum to incriminate themselves based on such an innocuous topic?

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:40 pm

I enjoy breakfast in the morning. However, I don't usually find that I have time for a proper breakfast, and so my day usually starts nowadays with some coffee and a protein shake from the little food place we have in the law school.

That inspires me to make some coffee now. I think I will.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Of course I do Hans this is clearly a very god question to find those scummy non breakfast eating fools. I is something to get people talking since no one has talked for about 36 hours. I'm seeing people not talking and hiding behind things not being said. Namely the person who I have accused this far and Ghosty. Only 2 of total are scum this time and we need to find out much more quickly.

As I have forgotten to address my own question I like to start out with a heaping helping of fish eyes and deer stomach. A side of falcon eggs and a protein shake with the protein being that of the victim of last night's survival game. Then finally wash that down with a glass of God's tears.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Like9Orphans wrote:Of course I do Hans this is clearly a very god question to find those scummy non breakfast eating fools. I is something to get people talking since no one has talked for about 36 hours. I'm seeing people not talking and hiding behind things not being said. Namely the person who I have accused this far and Ghosty. Only 2 of total are scum this time and we need to find out much more quickly.

As I have forgotten to address my own question I like to start out with a heaping helping of fish eyes and deer stomach. A side of falcon eggs and a protein shake with the protein being that of the victim of last night's survival game. Then finally wash that down with a glass of God's tears.
I'll take this opportunity to point out that ghosty isnt in the game, just fyi
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Net the victim of last night's survival game was scum from other towns outside of our own previously peaceful, and soon to be peaceful once more after the grand hammer of justice coming down upon them.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Like9Orphans wrote:Of course I do Hans this is clearly a very god question to find those scummy non breakfast eating fools. I is something to get people talking since no one has talked for about 36 hours. I'm seeing people not talking and hiding behind things not being said. Namely the person who I have accused this far and Ghosty. Only 2 of total are scum this time and we need to find out much more quickly.
Well, I agree with your sentiments as a whole. That said, there's rarely significant postings on weekends. GM and I, at the very least, were busy with a Pathfinder session I would rather forget about, and I'm sure everyone else had something more productive on weekends to be doing than shitposting on here. If the silence continues, it may be time to panic.

I'm going to claim my role. I am Mafia. Is anyone going to counterclaim me?

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Can't tell if Hans actually is scum, and is trolling us in a "You fools, I gave away the secret and you still didn't find me out!" way... Whatever.

As for breakfast, most days when I can get it I prefer my eggs sunny-side up, with many sausage links, toast, and a tall glass of milk (chocolate preferably) followed by obscene amounts of coffee. Some days I recover from a night of intense hedonism with a breakfast of whiskey, followed by whiskey on the rocks, followed by nine-month old Count Chocula, followed by whiskey in my coffee.
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 am

... What? Why would someone claim mafia? I can confirm what Hans said about being busy, we had a lengthy Pathfinder session Saturday and now we get to figure out how proceed through the TPK they suffered that night. But I don't understand the strange roleclaim. It must be a continuation of the random voting stage nonsense in some form, trying to get people to say things that give them away as scum. Or perhaps Otaku is right and he just wants to troll us at the end of the game when he turns out to be scum and was never lynched despite claiming mafia day one. In the absence of better ideas I'm keeping my vote on Hans.

As for the breakfast question I eat when I'm hungry not when the clock tells me other people are probably eating. Plus I have a non-24-hour sleep cycle. Typically when I wake up I have something quick and easy like cereal, but if that time happens to be when other people in the house would like to have a meal then I'll cook something.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 am

Alright, given the dearth of conversation that's been going on recently, I'm going to pose what I think is a better question than breakfast habits.

Who, among the current players (other than yourself), would you least expect to be scum, and why? So basically, instead of trying to call scum, try to call a definitive town.

As to my own answer to the question, my current top town is Otaku. While he hasn't done much to promote conversation on his own, he has responded fairly promptly and fully to all previously posed queries (regardless of their unhelpful RVS nature). While this also applies to some others (GM, etc), Otaku's answers strike me as being more genuine on their face, in particular his breakfast answer. Of course, that might be my own bias at play, given that I agree with his breakfast answer implicitly, while he is terribly, terribly wrong about the fate of an "independent" Skyrim.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Thanks for the confidence in me, Nihil! If I had to say who I think is most likely to be town, I'd argue Green Machine.

Green Machine's posts so far have included bits of substance before his answers (see how he reacts to Hans' role claim above), which is always nice. Further, whether people have realized it or not (I only thought of it now), he has provided the town with important knowledge. He pseudo-role claimed by saying that he wasn't the Miller. If there WERE a Miller, I think this would've reminded them to tell everyone in the same way GM did in the previous game. So, if there's a cop, they can safely assume there's no Miller to mess with their findings. A small advantage for the town, but an advantage nonetheless. This leads me to believe GM is town, as if he were scum, he gave up what might've been a small advantage if he had his partner claim Miller.

I would like to note, Nihil, that I think scum would've asked who everyone thought was most likely to be scum, to drive the town apart. Your question, as substantive and non-confrontational as it was, makes me think you're also more likely to be town.

So yeah, strange as it is to say, you two may be Imperialist Milk-drinking Swine, but y'all're Imperialist Milk-drinking Swine that I don't think would murder me in my sleep. I can appreciate that.
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:08 pm

So far we have little to no information to go on.

Breakfast habits....i eat breakfast every chance i get.
Not enough information here to make any calls. Still this may be a scummy tactic to misinform.
GM eating when you feel like and not on the clock seems rebelious in nature but not necessarily scummy.

Hans claiming mafia....
I believe he may be telling the truth. Not alot more to go on at this point other than gut feeling.

As far as im concerned let the rvs continue.

Vote to lynch :Hans Gruber
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:57 pm

RVS is dead, Hugh. We have killed it. Surely you can smell it, for even a deceased gamestate rots.

To answer Nihil's question, my money is on Orphans. He's making wild contortions, consistent with someone who has no idea about anybody's alightment.

I will lament the fact that I'm already voting for my number one scumspect, and reiterate my Vote to Lynch: Nihil. I have two reasons for this.

1. A favorite tactic of scum players is to pretend to search for townies. This allows them to gain "town cred" by seemingly being a productive member of the town. At the same time, a man cannot serve two masters. A town that is trying to identify each other is a town that will fail to find the Mafia, because they've diverted their attention elsewhere, and you can't find scum if everyone is roaming around stating what should be obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes. As an added bonus, you can avoid throwing any suspicion on your allies. As an example, I point to my play in game 3. I spent a fair amount of the game tunneling on a single player, using the rest of my posts to designate people that I thought were town, all while never following up on my alleged suspicions about Ghosty, my partner in crime.

2. He ignored my scum claim. Gauging people's reaction to outlandish claims is one of my many day-one gambits, and while Otaku ruined the joke, it at least gave me one suspect. For reference, scum know I'm b8ing, and town can't tell if I'm taunting them or running some sort of asinine scheme. Nihil's lack of response suggests the former. If he was town and thought I was lying, or even unsure, I would expect a one-liner like "gr8 b8 m8". If he was town and thought I was mocking everybody, I would expect some sort of follow-up, perhaps asking why I have been useless so far this game. I'm going to wager that Nihil knew good and well that my poorly-laid trap was b8. I would even go so far as to wager that at one point during his post composition, he did, in fact, have "gr8 b8 m8" or something similar written down, but deleted it before posting after realizing there's no way for him to know I'm b8ing if he was town. We'll have to wait until postgame to see if I'm right or not, but until then, I w8 with b8d breath.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Well, I wrote a longer post, but then i lost it like a fool.
To L90: Idk if u can say im the weakest link. you gave yourself a gold star for guessing 3/4 of mafia after the game was over, and i did the same in my only real post right before the game officially ended when i correctly predicted nihil, hans, and spacey, so idk what metric you're using, unless its the ability to blow hot air.

TBH though, I should have talked more last game.
Also irl, I'm an actor, and these past few weeks have been very busy for me as a show of mine is about to go up in addition to the weekly shows i tech to feed myself.

Currently, here is how i see it
Hans: mixed because he claimed mafia. I hear from y'all he's an epic troll, and it'd be hilarious to establish claiming mafia as a joke, and then actually be mafia. But it'd also be hilarious to claim mafia just to waste a lynch.

GM: I don't mean this in an accusational way, but are you at a busy time in your life? I noticed that you are leading the town significantly less than in the previous game, though that could be due to less posting in this game. It's just a small behavioral difference i noticed, and you could say the same about me actually posting as well.+Otaku raises a good point about your pseudoclaim.
Otaku: I haven't played in years, so I don't know the meta, or common behavioral differences or psychological ploys between town and scum. however, his only serious post so far aims at exonerating other players, such as Nihil and GM.
Orphan: He's bombastic, but aside from the accusation towards me, he's only asked a few random questions. I'm with Hans on this. He seems too confused to be Mafia.
Hugh+Mack: Not really much to say, they're both quiet and memeing.

I will vote to lynch today because mathematically, we need to at least attempt to lynch scum or we'll lose, but not in this post.

I eat oatmeal, a banana and yogurt for breakfast.

THR

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 pm

i meant greek yogurt

THR

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 am

My life isn't really notably busier than in the previous attempt at this game. There are two main reasons I haven't been posting as much. One is the obvious fact that there isn't as much to go on this game. There are fewer players and everybody is posting significantly less. The other reason is that last time I was a miller and the town decided to believe my miller claim. Being confirmed town emboldens me to take on the job of agitator, trying to provoke people into saying things that help determine their alignment. If I try to do that while my alignment isn't confirmed then would be accused of being divisive and/or an asshole and would probably get lynched for it.

I don't have a top town right now. I don't really have a top scum either, but my vote stays on Hans until I have a good reason to move it. I am curious what Nihil has to say about the accusation Hans has made.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 am

HANS IS THIS JUST A GAME TO YOU!?!?!?! WE CAME HERE TO LYNCH THE MAFIA AND YOU PLAY AROUND LIKE ITS SOME SORT OF SEMI ANONYMOUS FORUM GAME!!! WE NEED ANSWERS NOT RANDOM CLAIMS OF GUILT TO TROLL US!!!

Away from the obvious shitposting that I do love to do we do have something to go off of now. With Hans claiming mafia it is now a test of whether or not we trust that he is trolling in a way to get the town to lose or whether we trust that he is making a bombastic mafia play. Last game he did as I was suspecting and tried to sway the town by using lots of posts to try and formulate a lot of information designed to mislead us. This play seems like a bait for mafia. I believe that he is making a bold faced lie to try and get people to fall into a certain trap while being as 2 faced as he can. I can't say that I agree with his vote to lynch Nihil currently but That's neither here nor there. Not a whole lot of scumposting aside from him which I believe in him for now. (important to note that I do not believe him lol)

THR I do agree that I am bombastic and sometimes without substance however this is primarily because of the lack of substantial evidence thus far. I would also like to point out that aside from calling 2 of the people that you did at the end of the game I also semi called Hans before it primarily because of the back and forth that he and Ghosty were having at the time. Thus far we have one person claiming an absurd claim and now a question of substance. I am the kind of person that appreciates the amount of junk being thrown around as much as I can while I can. It makes the game more memorable and fun. As for your reply I will admit that you are correct about your calling of scum at the end however with that you have had a grand total of 4 posts aside from confirmation posts between the 2 games. I understand you are busy but even experienced mafia know when to keep their mouths shut. I did also choose you so as A. not to jump on a bandwagon that had already started, and B. to not really throw any real shit at anyone. I still don't know how several people play of significance. Yourself, Mack, Kevin, and Hugh, So I like testing the waters on the new players day 1. Your reply is good at pointing out what other people have done but not much to point to what you think is going on. I will ask you what you think of the way the last game was played from the others who are playing in this game and were not mentioned in your post.

Nihil to answer your question I will point that my current pick for town is if I had to choose Otaku just for the fact that he has brought out good points thus far. While I disagree that it really does make GM any less suspicious for the reason of its just not significant enough and very well could be just an effect of him trying to put in filler for the beginning of the game. Doesn't make him scummy I just don't think that he has done anything significant enough to sway my vote one way or the other.

I am interested to see how Nihil's accusation plays out. I can see the validity in Hans' point but I am sidelining my hat until more comes from it.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:19 am

Excuse me the accusation against Nihil by Hans. Also It is my birthday once more. Thank you.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am

L9O: All good bro, from your position I might have made the same decision.
I want to answer your question, but I'm not really sure what you're asking me to do: " I will ask you what you think of the way the last game was played from the others who are playing in this game and were not mentioned in your post."
But I'll try to interpret it and give my best answer to what i think your question is anyway.
The biggest difference between Hans last game and this game is that he isn't throwing shade around like he was last game. He only made a single targeted accusation towards Nihil so far.
Mack is still barely speaking but this time he's a maximum speed shitposter.

And I'll stop there for now, but I have a good reason to do so.
You asked me what i think is going on. The reason i don't want to disclose that is because if i try to interpret certain patterns that i notice before more posts are made and the patterns are firmly established, those whom i suspect as scum would see my post and therefore could subvert those patterns.

However, I do want to see Nihil answer hans question. Hans raises some good points so it's persuading me already, but i want to give him a chance to defend himself.

THR

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 am

Also i feel u on enjoying the shitposting lmao. I called u bombastic instead of shitposter because you at least do have some substance in all your posts, but if you're calling yourself that, then i won't refrain either.
Like I said i should have posted more last game, I didn't realize day 1 was such a big deal. TBH, i thought the RVS would be the entire day 1 last game but i see you guys are quicker on the draw now than the other people i played with.

However, we all have our own playstyles and i respect how you inundate the thread. I just play different is all.

THR

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 am

Sorry for the triple post, but i don't want to edit my old posts as i realise i missed things.
GM: That makes sense, thanks for answering my question. I promise i won't accuse you of being divisive tho. Someone needs to die each day or mathematically the mafia will have the advantage, and i'd prefer to lynch even a townie with at least some reasoning behind it vs just RVS someone to the gallows. u have a good head on your shoulders and i value your input.

THR

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Alright then, time to defend myself. Honestly, Hans, I think you've left your brain somewhere else regarding this. I will be addressing your points in the order in which you stated them, for clarity and simplicity's sake.

1) You seem to assume here that evidence leaning in favor of someone being town is always inherently obvious, and I think that notion is quite honestly bullshit. To provide a counterexample, consider behavior of someone which might on the surface look scummy but which given some other factor (the state of the meta, the particular construction of the instance game, past history, etc) would be behavior which makes no sense for scum to by doing. This is evidence which is non-obvious, but cuts townwards (or towards confusion, which can then be weighed towards the experience of the player in question and other possible factors). Some people will see this evidence; others might not. And therefore they need it pointed out to them so that it might be considered in the totality of information. Furthermore, such a question will establish precedence of claimed information which can later be referenced against more solid information. It is through questions like this that later patterns of distancing and/or deflecting can be revealed when roles flip. As much as there are also scum uses for these kinds of questions (which you have helpfully pointed out), that does not take away their town uses. Abusum non tollit usum. As long as we don't linger solely on these questions, they can be of value in both the immediate and long term.

2) In addressing my lack of reaction to your ridiculous claim of self-incrimination, you set up a wonderfully fallacious trifurcation of how people will view your claim: they will either think you are baiting because you are town, think you are mocking because you are scum, or know you are baiting because they are scum. However, you rule out a whole infinitude of other possibilities, many of them likely, and one of them the actual case here. Did it escape you that, perhaps, I might have thought you were joking? It was the RVS after all; nonsense is part and parcel. Alternatively, perhaps, as actually was the case, I assumed it was a gambit because I have played this game before and know that people will bait in such ways, and I decided to ignore the bait because I knew it was bait, and felt no need to point out that it was bait? In fact, your reasoning for determining why a mafioso would remain silent is inconsistent with the rest of your reasoning on the matter. You reason that a mafioso would stay silent because a mafioso would know it was bait, but also know that they shouldn't know it was bait. And yet, one of your proposed reactions of a townie is to think it is bait. Could not a mafioso realize that a townie would have plenty of reason to view an outlandish claim as bait? Or do you think mafiosi to be so tunnel-visioned as to be unable to model people with less-complete information sets? Because that scenario is the only way that your reasoning can be self-consistent. Regardless, I am town, and ignored your bait because I thought it largely irrelevant. I don't need to say "gr8 b8 m8te" for your trap to be poorly-laid and obvious to anyone who has played this game more than five times.

tl;dr What the fuck did you just say to me you little bitch?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Well, THR, if you thought I was flinging shit last game, you should throw a vote on me now, not later. This room's about to become a vibrant shade of brown.

Nihil, I could get into a lengthy discussion about the strategic viability of town-hunting, but we'll have to save that for later, because you've helpfully handed me far better ammunition. I'll direct everyone's attention to two particular phrases.
[quote="Nihil"]Honestly, Hans, I think you've left your brain somewhere else regarding this.]
[quote="Nihil"]I don't need to say "gr8 b8 m8te" for your trap to be poorly-laid and obvious to anyone who has played this game more than five times.]
This is not the wording of someone who thinks there's any chance that I'm scum. If I was scum, I wouldn't have left my brain anywhere. I would simply be flailing and trying to deflect attention. Similarly, if I was scum, a trap could only be poorly-laid if it failed to produce ammo for a mislynch. Taken together, these phrases reveal that you are certain or near-certain of my alignment. However, if you think I'm town, why are you voting for me?

To preempt your protest that nobody has stood out as being worth voting for, I point you to Green Machine. As of this post, GM has made several posts of moderate length. That said, those posts have been entirely noncommital and largely devoid of content. Active lurking to this degree is worth at least commenting on. But, to bring this back to my original target of Nihil, you haven't been scumhunting at all, and thus I am not surprised that you didn't see this. Or, perhaps more likely, you did see this, but didn't pursue it because GM is your scumbuddy.

Tl:dr What is it you just said to me, my friend? Nihil is probably scum, and GM is probably scum.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Or, perhaps, I could say that you left your brain somewhere because even a scum should make sure that their argument is consistent with itself when trying to lead to a mislynch.

But in the instance case, you are right about one thing. I am pretty certain at this point that you are town. And as such, my vote probably shouldn't be on you, and so I should get around to moving it, or at least removing it.

Vote to lynch: No one

Also, a trap is poorly-laid if it is obvious to its intended target. Given that anyone who knows how the game works can see the metaphorical neon sign you put down spelling the word "GAMBIT", that makes it pretty poorly-laid. Of course, maybe I'm just underestimating the sheer noobery of our current game crowd, in which case, Gr8 B8 M8. However, I sincerely hope not, because I don't want to carry the town alone.

Regarding GM, the behavior had not escaped my notice, but I did not yet think it worth targeting. The fact that I have yet to call out anyone for scummy behavior does not mean I am not taking note of it and gathering information. I can scumhunt without broadcasting everything I notice, and then present the information I have gleaned when there is enough of it to form a definitive pattern.

Although I will grant you have some chutzpah for trying to call the scum team day one. But on at least half of your call, you're wrong.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next