Mafia Round 3.5

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Round 3.5

Post by Green Machine on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:06 am

It took a week for this game to get going, but finally there are some things to latch onto.

First I'll say that I'm surprised there isn't a bandwagon on me. I've been behaving notably different than the previous game, and my defense for why was pretty weak. A couple of people have said they took note of the difference and were suspicious, but a couple others have me leaning town. I'm not sure what to do with that yet; a good town would notice that I was being a bit scummy, but at the same time a mafioso would jump all over the chance to point out the scummy behavior of someone they know is town. I lean towards putting the people who defended me as town, but at the same time I must insult them because I think only bad town would be defending me.

Here are my reads based on what everyone has said so far:

Hans Gruber: Probably town. He is the primary person to attack the lack of content in my posts thus far. As I said that could be the behavior of either scum or good town. He's good enough at the game to potentially be either. The best evidence I have is actually his opening post confirming his role. In it he says "Praise RNJesus". Now in a conversation held in person following the disintegration of the previous game Hans was lamenting how he hates playing on the scum team. Several people were in that conversation, but I was the only other one who is once again playing the game. I can't see him praising the gods of chance for putting him back in a role he hates. If that role confirmation post was an attempt to deceive me (and specifically me because nobody else has that context) then congratulations to him on pulling off a very unlikely con.

THR: Leaning town. He was very willing to buy my defense, which as I said before is indicative to me of bad town play. In addition he is making an effort to post more this game when he could easily stay in the background and make it seem like he just isn't an active poster; last game he posted almost nothing and was town.

Otaku1889: Leaning town. He has me as his top town, so he gets the same note of that being bad town play. He also makes a point about the whole miller thing; if he were mafia then he would likely have kept that to himself and had himself or his scum partner claim miller once nobody else had done so.

Like9Orphans: Neutral. He is a ridiculous man who says ridiculous things whether he is town or scum. Nothing yet hints at his alignment.

Hugh Jorgan: Neutral. Hasn't said anything helpful. Did that last game and was town. At least this time he hasn't been purposefully antagonistic towards the town yet.

Nihil: Neutral. He's the other one who voiced suspicion of my behavior, which puts me in the position of figuring out whether he is good town or scum. Unfortunately (and as would be expected from what I know of Nihil in real life) the entirety of his defense to the accusation against him is brutally logical, which gives no clues about his alignment. Really all I have to go on is Hans's statement that searching for town is a scum tactic, which if Hans is town is something that I can take as true, at least in his experience.

Mack_Coffins: Leaning mafia. Have I mentioned how scummy it is to not say anything? Because I think it's really scummy to not say anything, especially when you have established yourself as someone who was posting a lot during the end of the previous attempt at this game. Mack has just one post since confirmation; it was during the RVS and devoid of content even by RVS standards, he neither answered the question nor posed one of his own.

Vote to lynch: Mack_Coffins
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 pm

That's my cue, I've been lackadaisical but I'll plop down my two cents.

I was seeing how long it would be before somebody called out my silence and much like Han's gambit I figured I would let the dice roll all the way before I showed my hand as well.

I wasn't a big fan of last rounds random voting stage, it seems that though it may provoke conversation early on I thought asking a random question to see where people's opinion on said matter would fall and discern their allegiance from there isn't the proper way to go about the start, and decided to see if my silence in the early stages would pique the ire of anybody since I claimed I would rather hang the mutes than an innocent in my eyes.

Innocuous questions of Skyrim and breakfast aside Hans opens with the "I'm mafia" gamble,like everyone else I can't fully tell if he's so bold to open with such a claim that he actually is mafia, I doubt so. (I know, how very hypocritical of me seeing as I was silent until I was called upon from enjoying the real world all week XD)

Green Machine seems confuzzled by such a claim, I think he has more intellect than he shows with that post, slightly raising my suspicion because I think all here call bs immediately unless he's been known to be brazen in other games.

Nihil asks the next question that actually holds water in the gamestate, simply asking the ol' "who do you think is villager" which I would have responded "too soon to tell"
He claims Otaku as top Villager for simply answering rvs questionnaire with his answers "more genuine on face value"
I would disagree on principal simply because I think rvs questions as a distraction more than a help as I said prior.

Otaku finds confidence in Nihils question, as I do at first glance, but with a grain of salt because you never know early on, right? He also states GM may have revealed there is a possibility of no miller, possibly a cop in play, which is nice to know and gains a few points in pointing out a possible meta rather than asking questions, but stating possible facts. I trust those more than the heresay around town on a surface level.

Hugh and I share the same feeling at this point so far in the game and wants to hang Hans because he's just as untrustful of the RVS as I. Ah, a kindred soul.

Now I think things get interesting.

Hans votes to hang Nihil for asking what I saw as the first pertinent question of the game, stating finding villagers would be paramount for scum, but when the scum know who other scum are, do they not know the teams already? He follows up by pointing out his earlier crime spree with Ghosty and how he did such a thing to sow discord and start pointing fingers. A solid argument I grant but one I do not wholly agree with since I would be asking the same thing if I were in Nihils shoes and not testing a vow of silence.
He follows up his claim by saying simply that Nihil didn't call him out for the "I'm mafia" gamble that I too passed up on, but because I had not post he was quick to swing the noose in his direction, that is a red flag for me, but again I take this with a grain of salt because I suppose its better in his mind to start the gallows lineup as early as possible, but with such vigor it certainly raised one of my eyebrows for a few moments to say the least. My suspicion was growing.

THR chimes in with a tidbit about a few people, nothing too juicy I could quote here however and weigh in on

GM states he has no top town nor mafia, which at this point I had a few in mind at the very least, by this point him and Hans were top two on my watch list...

l9o says he is offput by Hans's vote on Nihil, claiming Otaku as top town while hinting he is a little weary of GM ? but not enough substance to form a more full opinion and sets his hat to the side.

THR comes back saying the biggest difference between this game and the last is how Hans is no longer "throwing shade" around like he was last match, now if he was mafia last match I would certainly wish to change my playstyle again and keep em guessing, though I suppose the roles are truly random he could still be mafia again? Aside from that input he wants to keep his hand close to his chest and not divulge too much as he may be figured out as well, but from other townies? I guess the worst enemy of all in this game is accidental self incrimination, but wanting to hold information to oneself doesn't help the town either, certainly not a scummy post but not a playstyle I'm quick to trust though I had that same sentiment the last time around, I was more open about my genuine opinions when things got heated however...
He follows up with a few other posts saying he would rather hang a townie daily on some information despite the RVS rather than play the long game and give the mafia the win by waiting, but that's scummy to me since I see the first few days (irl at least) are the most disingenuous answers and should be trusted the least (I think he means hang one a day in game, I thought it was suspicious at first but now that Im mulling that thought over he may be ok in my book for the moment.)

Nihil goes on to defend himself in the obvious fashion, I felt like I was reading a college lecturer's script, but I got the jist of it without falling asleep and felt they were true enough in defense of the allegations posed on him.

Hans goes on the attack again saying Nihil has handed him better ammunition for claiming "he left his brain somewhere" and "gr8 b8 m8" that's an awfully weak assertion of him being a guilty party to me, and then goes on to say "it reveals that you are certain or near-certain of my alignment. However, if you think I'm town, why are you voting for me"? but it was Hugh who to my knowledge was the only one to vote for Hans to hang because of the RVS, I see this whole post as a misguided attack on Nihil to backtrack his RVS vote, albeit a bit more forcefully and indirect as I would have,again ups him on my scumdar by at least one peg.

Both of those two call into question GM for several posts with not much information on the people in the game or his thoughts, nothing much to add to that.

Finally GM does what I have been waiting for and calls me out for my silence, but only when he is slightly pushed to do so in order to, I believe, deflect from the prior accusations to his person after giving a dissertation on all involved, I understand naming multiple names of who he may trust but I finally believe he is trying to cloud the water with a bit more information and is falling into his old ways of last game, but with a bit of a scummy twist, still not at the top of my scum list, he is surely in second for me, Hans takes precedent in my thoughts currently for top scum still.

Here are my thoughts on GMs post and has really given me the most insight to how I see the game currently. He first says hans is likely town, juciest bit of his read on hans is how he claims an irl talk he had with Hans says he was not a fan of being mafia, I take this with more than a few dashes of salt since they are both on the top of my list I guess Im paranoid enough to believe this is a ploy if they are in league to get a lot of town brownie points, between the two of them it may be a legtimate argument, but for me I don't believe it currently since I'm already weary of their alignment from the point RVS died off.
Then he claims THR and Otaku are likely town for their insight, and for that I agree to a certain point, but only because I haven't questioned their motives because of the content in those posts, at least they seem genuine to a degree when i read them with no funny business or shade being thrown around.
Everyone else is neutral for him, which again, for the most part, I do agree with those views, L9o I could be a little questionable but that could just be his personality still, nothing tangible I could say makes me think of him as shady, just a gut feeling I guess if I would say anything at all.
Finally he votes to hang me because of silence, which I do not hold agaisnt him, he was the first to finally do so and I was the one at fault to give him such an escape route, yet nobody else is suspicous by his standards? It seems a bit one sided, I know silence is scummy to the moon and back, but really? Nothing else in this game is the slightest scummy but my absense?

Wrapping up I will state that Hans and GM have ruffled the most feathers in different ways, enough to grab my attention and question them more than the rest of those (possibly) trying to get to the bottom of this. Initially I would have come out of the dark in a vote for Hans with his discussion with Nihil but since I'm the only one seen as a possible guilty party by GM I'll make that special exception and move him to the top of my scum checklist at current, I wouldn't want to hang anybody because of this only but because the deadline is monday I suppose I'll lay it down to show how serious I am, and I do believe a vote to hang is indeed better than sitting like lambs to the slaughter in a 7 person game, though I doubt it will gain enough steam to get anywhere currently...

Vote to Lynch: Green Machine

I know weekends are slow but I do suggest we try to get a few more words in before the weekend is over to properly flesh this out because the deadline is quickly approaching for the days end! (I know, how very hypocritical of me when i spent all week in the real world glancing at the game of mafia we've been playing XD)
Mack_Coffins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:50 pm

I posted something twice in my last post accidentally, my last parenthesis poking at how I've been in the real world all week after I begin talking about Hans's gambit, when I meant for it to be at the end. How embarrassing! ah well, I cannot edit it now, but I embrace my mistake head on
Mack_Coffins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:51 am

Oh good, Mack is back! I'm tired as hell right now so I won't be dissecting that novel at the moment, but it's nice to see that one is there to be read.

The fact that the deadline is at the end of Sunday would seem to make it a bit more unlikely that we'll manage to reach a lynch. Which is unfortunate. I would like to see everybody's reads on everyone else; ideally quickly enough that we can go for a proper lynch, but it would at least be nice to have a chance to learn something useful from the mafia's free kill.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:44 am

So now it seems that there is a lot of new info to be delving through. First thing that particularly stands out to me is the claiim that GM made about Hans alignment. I do believe that Hans does hate playing scum and that he said as much. I am leaning on believing that statement and the follow-up of Hans being said townie. However it very well could be a oloy on the part of GM to get town cred. If he were town Gm wouldn't be sure but if he were mafia he would be more than sure with this setup. I'm leaning on Changing my vote to GM because of this. He seems a bit too convinced for my liking and with the convenient evidence of he is the only one who would know this in this game. On top of that he hasn't been asking the questions I expect from him as a town player. He hasn't put forth the steeping stone that he has in the previous games. Even when he wasn't confirmed town he is right at the lead of the pack undoubtedly and this time he just seems to have taken more of a backseat while still presenting valuable evidence indicative of a scummy read. I want to hear more of a read from Otaku and Hugh before I jump on any bandwagons.

THR you did shoot up my town list after your defense and insight but since my town list isn't super high at the moment because there hasn't been to much evidence thus far indicative of town play it doesn't mean a whole lot. Also my question in a better format would have been what do you think of the people that you didn't mention in your post? I am particularly bad at words and even worse at editing because I am lazy.

The Hans and Nihil debate is exactly what I would have expected from both however that is not particularly indicative of any alignments for Nihil. I agree with Nihil that Hans is town but I'm not ready to buy Nihils defense. His 2nd defense of why Hans read into his alignment based on his first defense is very deflecty as Hans had pointed out a greater potential scum which Nihil then seemed to ride into the sunset but very subtly. His 1st defense of why you are fine with town spotting questions doesn't quite seem complete mainly because of the fact that Hans left it alone but the 2nd part of his first defense was fine. I'm not worried about this at this time because as I have mentioned GM is my first pick for purification by fire.

Vote to unlynch: THR

and if that doesn't work

vote to lynch: nobody

(fucking nobody getting in my fucking way all the time makes me want to punch his stoopid face)
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:13 am

The looming deadline is unfortunate. I'm not going to be able to join in on much funposting today, and my time tomorrow will also be limited. But, I've said what I want to say, and really, all that's left is for everyone to decide for themselves if I'm right or not.

As I said earlier, I'm pretty certain GM is scum, so I'll be throwing a vote his way tomorrow unless a bandwagon springs up on Nihil from the ether. As Mack pointed out, I find it very hard to believe that the only person that's pinging scum to GM is the one who wasn't posting.

As for my other reads, if the scum team isn't GM and Nihil, the last scum will most likely be either Mack or Hugh. I put basically no weight on the idea that Otaku or THR is scum, and I've already said that I'm almost certain that Orphans is town. If neither Nihil or GM are scum, then somebody vig me tonight, because I am going to be dead weight.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:13 am

I am totally the vig, by the way.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 pm

"Green Machine isn't the town leader this game! Lynch his ass!" Fucking idiots. Placing a burden on me while conveniently not applying it to any of yourselves. There hasn't been shit to go on this game, it was near silent for six goddamn days. When there is finally enough to make reads on I make an attempt at it, and that is somehow also scummy? Morons.

Incidentally I am not as good at this game as you all seem to think I am. I would be flattered, but you're all using it as a piss-poor excuse to lynch me this time for not magically providing you all the answers you need. In the previous attempt at this game I had no clue who the scum were at the end of it; if my activity was a boon to any of the rest of you then you're welcome, but I was totally in the dark. So if there's a valid reason to lynch me it's that I'm secretly terrible at this game.

I think that the scum team is Mack_Coffins and Like9Orphans. Mack because he's actively lurking, only responding when poked. L9O because I'm flipping the unreasonable expectations of me around on him; he gave himself a gold star for calling ¾ of the scum team after the previous game aborted, so he should be able to use his psychic powers to know that I'm town, and since he knows I'm town but is calling me scum he must actually be a mafioso. But take those calls with the appropriate amount of salt because I'm a bad player.

I stand by my assessment that Hans is town, it's the only thing I have reasonable confidence in given the near-nothing that has been said day one. Hopefully everybody else will add some more to this discussion before the deadline hits.

I'm done flailing now. Flailing is a scummy thing to do, but fuck it, everything I do or don't do apparently looks scummy somehow. If the vote does go that way then I see myself as a perfectly acceptable mislynch. I'd rather it be somebody else, but if it's a town then I'm probably still in the crosshairs day two and we would lose after that second mislynch.

Hurry up and get in here everybody! Weigh in on this wagon, give the surviving town something to go on in day two! And yes, I do see this as a wagon even with just the one vote since two others have pledged their votes to me if nothing better comes along.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Well..... Hans, GM might have just removed my vote from you. I was labled scum by GM last round for posts less agressive than the previous one.

My rookie reads for the day.

At first i was looking at Hans and Nihil both being scum and playing the misdirection game. Seemed to convenient on both parts.

Now it seems GM has given in to the "Fuck it" stage similar to me last round.

L90 and Mack. Both of you seem Townish.... cannot be positive just yet.

Not much time to dig in more today

Top 2 town
Mack
L90

Top scum
Hans
GM
Nihil

These 3 could be in any order at this point.

Yes GM im jumping on the Bandwagon

Vote to lynch Green Machine
Hugh Jorgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:21 pm

I would like to state for the record and future reference that I am not convinced that GM is scum for any of my own reasons, and I am certainly not convinced that GM is scum by any of the reasons provided by others.

The only thing which would cut scumwise about GM is that he has been less active than last game, and his posts have been less full. Granted, given that that factor is indeed present and there haven't been any exonerating factors, this makes him look definitively scummier than last game. But that doesn't make him look all that scummy on its own in the long run.

In particular, Hugh's reasoning is so facile as to offend my logical sensibilities. "He is acting like I was acting last game. [Hugh was town last game.] Therefore he is scum." Anyone else see the obvious issue there?

Of course, don't take this as a rousing defense meant to purge GM of all suspicion. But I do understand his frustration, as I think the sentiment against him and the evidence against him are vastly out of proportion.

Now, I do think we should lynch Day One, for merely statistical reasons, but I'll be damned if I think there's a truly solid argument for a candidate out of all of the (admittedly little) slush that has been presented in the thread. Obviously a lynch and mafia kill will give us more solid information to go forward on and back reference. But for a chance that some of that information will be the corpse of a mafioso, we need to lynch. As such I (rolls d7 in head [yes I have a d7 in my head, totally, because that's a thing])

Vote to Lynch: Mack_Coffins
Nihil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm not surprised that Hugh decided to vote for me. He still has a grudge against me for calling him out as a bad player last game. His reason for voting for me this time does more to reflect his proficiency at the game than his alignment. (Hint: He's still terrible)

Nihil, did you actually randomly determine who to vote for? Or did you use some method of reasoning that just doesn't hold up to your standards of unassailable logic and so you didn't disclose it? If it's truly random then that completely neuters the ability of votes to give helpful information. Any reason is better than no reason.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 pm

The shit slinging continues......
Hugh Jorgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:22 pm

It wasn't entirely random per se, but as far as my standards of reasoning go it might as well have been.

Basically, I chose Mack out of a small group of candidates because his current "lurk lurk lurk lurk sum-up-the-thread-in-a-novel" playstyle irks me, especially given that his summary was mostly just that: a summary. Of what other people did and said. It is a playstyle that is very easy to do given the time to type up a novella every few days, doesn't really add anything, but still allows you to claim that the lurking portion is a gambit, thus appearing to be active while still staying under the radar. Especially given that a lot of people, even if they do read the whole thing, are unlikely to attempt to dissect the novella due to its sheer verbosity and the unwieldyness of trying to 1) pull out the arguments from the sheer summary, 2) addressing them individually, and 3) doing this all in one post in any way that seems coherent, let alone concise.

But I find this far from truly incriminating. Yet still, I think the math makes it fairly imperative that we lynch someone, and so that's my "reasoning." As far as I'm concerned, it's a d7 roll. If only geometry would allow a true d7...
Nihil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins on Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:59 pm

I pretty much had to sum up the entirety of the game that I sat in the dark from, I wouldn't know any other way to properly give the input of my perspective without going through post by post and noting my thoughts throughout, especially if I am to give credence to those views. I know for a fact a short post would do me no good if I don't back it up without showing I have been paying attention.
Mack_Coffins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:54 pm

The internet being down at my house for a few days has made me realize just how dependent I am on it. I even got withdrawal. Headaches, irritability, walls screaming at me, the whoooole shebang... Anyway, now that the Lord has granted me the divine gift of Wi-Fi, let's see what I can contribute. I present to you a random assortment of thoughts...

GM: leaning town to neutral, though a few statements he's made have made me very uncertain. Everything I said before still stands, but...
-For starters, "I'm surprised there isn't a bandwagon on me. I've been behaving notably different than the previous game, and my defense for why was pretty weak," followed by getting angry when people make a note of that in their readings of him. I didn't question his behavior at the beginning because we had jack shit to go on, and I figured he'd post more once things got rolling (like he did). I'd like to give him the benefit of a doubt on this one, but you can't point out your own out-of-character lack of substance as scummy, and not expect people to follow up on that, especially without a decent explanation as to WHY you acted out-of-character. Was it a gambit of some kind?

Hans: Neutral. He's been pretty aggressive thus far, which I think is either the sign of a town player that wants to get things done, or scum that wants to lead us into a mislynch, and I can't decide which. I will say, however...
-Some of his arguments against Nihil stood out to me as suspect. Firstly, "A town that is trying to identify each other is a town that will fail to find the Mafia, because they've diverted their attention elsewhere." I don't see how this is true. Finding definitive town players narrows down the list of possible suspects. Unless a scum player can flawlessly convince everyone that they're town, all they've done is screw themselves over.
-Second, "He ignored my scum claim." Yes? Before he went after Nihil, only three players (myself included) addressed the scum claim. I'm almost certain if I didn't chime in by noting the possible scum trolling, that number would be one (GM). There's no telling how many people would've brushed it off as a dumb joke, because Hans went after the first person to do so.

Nihil: Leaning town. Everything I said before still applies, and he presented reasonable (if a bit pretentiously academic in language) counter-arguments to Hans. I'm not fond of the "mental d7" thing in regards to Mack, but your subsequent explanation sounds justified. With what's going on with GM, Nihil's moved up in my ranking for town.

Mack: Leaning scum. It's already been pointed out how active lurking is scummy and I don't really have anything to add, so I'll just say that I'd much rather see frequent short-stories than the occasional novel from him, if you catch my meaning.

Hugh: Heavily leaning scum. Hugh seems rather fond of jumping on potential bandwagons. In Hans' case, he jumped on because of a "gut feeling" after his scum claim, and in GM's case, it's because... GM snidely asked us to? Honestly this looks like someone trying to take advantage of convenient targets. So, for now I'll toss a vote his way unless something changes my mind.

Vote to Lynch: Hugh Jorgan
Otaku1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:04 pm

With a little under 6 hours left till deadline, Official Vote is as such.

Mack Coffins: Green Machine, Nihil
Green Machine: Mack_Coffins, Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan: Otaku1889
Nihil: Hans Gruber

with 5 needed to lynch.
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Well now we have a choice to make. The deadline is very soon. I will be jumping in on the bandwagon here soon unless something comes up. However I would like to put forth that Hugh has once again caught my eye namely for timing of which he posted his vote to jump on the bandwagon. Why would he think that the fuck it attitude is an appropriate reason to jump in on the bandwagon?

As for your previous post GM I am mostly going on that you are playing differently. Its strange and very weird to me that you haven't posed any questions or tried to get any discussion going comparatively until suspect was dropped on you. I have never seen you play mafia before so that is the biggest reason that I suspected the change in style.

As for where this leaves me I am going to jump on the Hugh bandwagon. The jumping in when there were others that posted the intention to jump in on the bandwagon if nothing else better came up. Well something has and I think its something valuable. Noob scum play or not it seems very viable. Now obviously I encourage people to put up their final votes for the night and lets put this to bed for the week.

Vote to lynch: Hugh Jorgen
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm

GM in these last hours if you are town what do you think we should do? Hans You have a vote that will help swing the tides. We need it in these last moments. We do need to lynch someone but as it stands right now we aren't going to get anywhere. Either Hugh, GM, or Mack. What are your thoughts? THR we need a vote from you on these 3 candidates as well. We aren't getting anywhere unless there is some discussion on the table.
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Unsurprisingly, no bandwagon has sprung up on Nihil. And while I'm somewhat confident that GM is scum, I am now as certain as it gets that Nihil is scum. This d7 nonsense is just the icing on the cake. With that in mind, I encourage everyone to give his posts a thorough reread. Try your best to find any point where he has made any attempt to root out the scum team. And no, reading along and keeping score in one's head is not scumhunting. And if you really think asking a question that has no chance of backfiring on him qualifies him for town status, then man, you really must have been certain that I was town last game. But beyond that, see if you can find an occasion where he stuck his neck out in the least. Nihil has made absolutely 0 statements that are remotely controversial. In his most recent post, he even went so far as to "randomly" vote for a lurker, the softest target possible. This is not the behavior of someone who wins by finding out the truth. This is the behavior of somebody who wins by being alive at the end of the game.

Time to do something I'll no doubt regret.
Vote to Lynch: Green Machine.

Now GM, if you are town, and you find yourself a vote away from death at the deadline, I forbid you from voting to lynch yourself. I realize that, if you are town, you're unspeakably assblasted at this game, but I'm going to need you to stick it out. Lynching someone you know is town is always wrong, no matter how clusterfucky the game state.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Otaku1889: No gambit by me. The RVS went on forever, I didn't have any deep insights based on what anyone said during it. The first interesting thing to happen was the mafia claim by Hans, and as you pointed out he quickly turned that into an accusation. I answered a question posed to me during that time, but the main thing to do was wait for Nihil's response. Once that happened I finally had enough to put forth reads on everyone. I was surprised that a wagon wasn't on me because I had said less than previous games; the context that there wasn't anything for me to latch onto prior to the discussion between Hans and Nihil would be (and has been) ignored by everybody.

Now just because I wasn't running a gambit doesn't mean I can't use the reactions to my behavior in my reads. I did exactly that when reading yourself and THR as leaning town. Mack's retaliatory vote didn't surprise me. Hans sticking to his scum read didn't surprise me. What surprised me (and pissed me off, clearly) was L9O saying that I am his first choice for purification by fire because I'm not asking the questions he expects, providing a stepping stone. In other words because I'm not leading the town. This came after I made an attempt at getting information out by giving reads and reasons for them, which I did immediately after Nihil and Hans had their brief exchange, which he also previously stated he was waiting for.

I do feel that I'm not actually good at this game. My confidence was shot when L9O called ¾ of the mafia correctly at the end of the abortion. I didn't make a call because I had no certainty, but I would not have gotten more than one of them correct. In my frustration I included that bit as a reason to not expect so much leadership from me.

Everything else I have said since is an attempt to feed information to the town if in fact I get lynched. When I flip as town perhaps the survivors will be able to do something with those bits of info.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:10 pm

You know, with the "aid" of bourbon in my system, I'm gonna change my vote to make it more likely that a lynch happens, because I stand by the notion that statistically we need a lynch to happen.

Vote to lynch: Hugh Jorgan

Keep in mind that I am somewhat drunk, and I cannot be held responsible for Drunk Nihil. That guy is an idiot, and a sad poet, and a sad philosopher. Fuck that guy.

Furthermore, regarding Hans' claim that I have said nothing "controversial", I'm terribly sorry that logic isn't controversial.

Nihil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:13 pm

I don't know how 9 ninjas snuck up on me, but I suppose they get a size bonus to stealth rolls.

Mack strikes me as mislynch bait. Hugh, on the other hand, is someone I wouldn't mind lynching. I realize as I write this that Nihil actually did do some scumhunting by pointing out that Hugh's reasoning was absurdly wrong, but since he followed up by voting for someone else entirely, I award him no points for it. But back to Hugh. Putting Mack in his top 2 town irks me more than anything else. I don't want to lynch Mack right now, but I wouldn't be awarding him town MVP, if you follow me. That, combined with his alleged "RVS" vote on me to bring me to lynch minus 2, means that I could be convinced to vote for Hugh instead of a no lynch.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:14 pm

That's supposed to be a gif. It was the gif I originally wanted as my profile pic. Fuck this site.
Nihil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Addressing the posts made while I was typing that...

I have no intention of hammering myself. That is unspeakably bad play as town. That said I do see myself as an acceptable first day mislynch, which I said earlier.

I will absolutely jump on a Hugh bandwagon. My read of him hasn't changed; I don't know whether he's town or mafia, but I'd be ecstatic to be rid of him either way. I still read Mack as scum, so if the vote is for one of those two rather than me then count me on board. Between the two I'd rather see Mack hang today. So my vote stays there for the time being.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Ninjas are procrastinaters, waiting until the deadline to strike.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top