Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

+6
Ghosty
Raptor-Senpai
Like9Orphans
Arc
Lord Crump
RedBeard
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently - Page 3 Empty Re: Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

Post by PurpleRam Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Or......perhaps your a cop? If so, take a shower, Scum.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently - Page 3 Empty Re: Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

Post by Green Machine Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:53 pm

I have to say that I really like the information flood style of your posts, Hans. Of course just as my mistakes (and those of some others) can be chalked up to inexperience, so too might your posts be credited to the work of an experienced player trying to pull wool over the eyes of us newbies. Still, I said right away that placing the first vote seems intuitively town-ish, and I stand by my stance that saying things helps the town (so long as it's not gibberish). So in my mind Hans is as solidly town as I can place someone on day one.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 pm

I am enjoying the show that results from throwing a bunch of roleplayers into a game of Mafia, lol. I can't abide arguments that purport logic to be a failing though. At the risk of suffering consequences in meat world...

Vote to lynch: PurpleRam
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm

I see hans as in the clear for now, and I"m suspicious of Ram, but right now I think I'm going to put my vote on the one that initially brought about my real suspicion.

Vote to Lynch: LordRedPanda
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:30 am

Now that I am not throwing shit for shits sake I will retract my vote for Lord panda. As hans has mentioned we now have some evidence to go on. What little we have is irrelevant. I am suspicious of the bandwagon thinking going around in this town. I am currently thinking that purple ram is throwing accusations out of a lack of other options. I would believe her to be townie material above all others in that sense. She has accused the most talkative people on the forum but not jumped on any bandwagon. Green machine seems a little shady for now but no more shady than the rest of everyone else. I would think thus far my actual suspicions have to be on red panda because of his tendency to jump on the band wagon but I will however be retracting my vote against him made on nothing more than whimsy
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:35 am

Other than him I would be suspicious of arc and hans for hans's logic. They are some of the most experienced here. They are talking a lot and trying to convince people that they should second guess themselves. Although clearly one of them is playing the good guys because there is defiantly conflict here between arc and red panda. I am suspicious of these 3 atm. 
Suspicious of Arc, panda, Hans
Townie purple ram
Vote to lynch:nobody
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:42 am

So let me get this straight, Orphans. You're most suspicious of Panda, but you unvoted Panda to vote for nobody. That's not good enough. Voting patterns are great information for the town. Place your vote somewhere, even on me if you think I'm scummy. But I won't sit here and watch you waffle.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:43 am

I love it when someone posts a follow-up post whilr I'm posting, and it goes along with what I'm saying.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:13 am

Some pretty scummy stuff there Like9Orphans. Seems like you voted for Lordredpanda in order to distance yourself from him. But then when he got within one vote of a lynch, you backed off, as you're not quite willing to throw your scum partner all the way under the bus.

Retract vote to lynch PurpleRam.
Vote to lynch: Like9Orphans
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:29 am

Oh don't you worry he is still the top of the scum list. But I am more concerned with the conflict between the 2. There is something here that we are missing. One of them is a sister. I just think that one of them is scum and the other is not. As ghosty said we have time to decide. I'm still leaning towards redpanda but I'm looking for more evidence.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:09 pm

While MeanGreenMachine might be onto something, if he is I think it more productive to continue with the lynch of LordRedPanda rather than split/transfer the bandwagon to Like9Orphans.

Although, if we do lynch Red and he comes up town, I'm not quite sure who the next most primary suspect would be. But that said, I'm willing to take the risk, I suppose. My vote remains unchanged.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm not sure if Orphans' post is absolute nonsense, or if I'm higher than Jesus right now. I'm leaning towards the former.
Moving on for now. Lord Crump, what are your thoughts on this Lordredpanda bandwagon?

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:35 pm

If I'm right about Lordredpanda and Like9Orphans being the Mafia team, then my thought is that it should be nice and easy for everyone to switch to lynching Like9Orphans. The order won't matter so long as we get them both. On the other hand if I'm wrong then I'm putting a townie within easy reach of a scum hammering him and looking totally justified doing it. Hopefully that clears up my reasoning for you Nihil. I am curious to hear more from both Lord Crump and Raptor-Senpai.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Honestly MGM, transferring bandwagons when all of the other people on the bandwagon aren't in 100% agreement with you is almost impossible, Trying to force a bandwagon shift makes it seem like you are attempting to protect scum team.

This morning before all these posts, I thought you were scum, but I couldn't prove it, but now, I don't think you are because my reasoning has been proven wrong by your actions, you now feel more like a newbie trying to push for a lynch on someone you find suspicious than scum following a plan.

Orphans I think is also in the clear, he may deserve investigating by the cop during night phase, but I think his actions thus far aren't the most well thought, but they feel genuine.

For now, I feel like Red is definitely scum, and Raptor and Crump are both keeping quiet and one of them is probably scum. I'm leaning towards Lord Crump as being the second scum because of her post saying she would vote Hans by wednesday if nothing suspicious had happened as an interesting one. It feels like writing your intentions down so that when you carry through with them later, you can point back and say, "SEE, I SAID I would do that. I just didn't see anything suspicious, so I just did what I said I would do."

I'm betting on either Orphans or Crump being scum, Red definitely being scum, Hans being clear, Nihil being clear, with a small suspicion on MGM, Purple, and Raptor senpai.

If you would like me to explain those further, let me know, and I'll break down my arguments.
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:10 pm

My rabble didn't seem to rouse. Good to know people in this town appear to be fairly level-headed. From others words and my own suspicions I have decided to cast a new vote.

Vote to lynch: LordRedPanda.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:11 pm

I really hope we don't lynch the doctor or cop on our first one.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:22 pm

The usual protocol for Mafia as I know it is, once a player is at (lynch-1) votes, they are given an opportunity to claim what their role is. This is to avoid the situation that you alluded to, by giving power roles a chance to avoid the noose. It's still less than optimal, since now they're scum targets, and thus it's important not to run half the players up into claim range.
At this point, there are 2 things I demand to see before anyone casts the final vote on Lordredpanda. Anyone who does so prematurely faces the entirety of my wrath on day 2, should I survive the night.
1. The defendant's claim. Standard operating procedure. I'm fairly certain we have scum here, but maybe I'm wrong.
2. I want everyone to weigh in on this bandwagon, and their precise reasons to have either voted or not voted for Lordredpanda. I offered this question to Lord Crump earlier, and now I want to extent it to everyone. Even those who have already given your reasons. This bandwagon sprung up rather quickly, and I want to hear your thoughts on it. I'll weigh in after I get feedback from everyone.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Thank you Hans, that fixes one of my main concerns. One of the reasons I didn't want to put the L-1 vote on Lordredpanda is that I want to hear more from the two we haven't heard much from yet, Lord Crump and Raptor-Senpai. Now all one of them has to do is drop in and put down the hammering vote without saying anything else, and the day will end anyway. So I echo your pledge to bring wrath upon anyone who ends the day before everyone has a say.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:52 pm

The problem with allowing them to claim is they can claim a power role, and then allow them to either slip the noose, or force a power role to expose themselves, so I usually don't like forcing a claim.

For my reasoning, I bring up his two posts.
Lordredpanda wrote:Wow such harshness coming from Hans Gruber, that was pretty quick to pick someone to kill.

Vote to Lynch: Hans Gruber

this is his first post, out of two, he went after an established target for the town, and called a post trying to start discussion in the beginning of the RVS harsh. Someone has to make the first vote, and it can usually be from any reason at all, while Hans had a pretty reasonable explanation for why he was doing things as he was in his post.

For my own reason for throwing a vote on Hans early on, was because I was adding to his gambit, Both his confirmation post and his first post felt just a tad bit scummy to me at first glance, and I dislike posting styles that make it hard for me to read(You have made them after that one easier to read, kudos), so I decided to both put pressure on him to see how he reacted, and to start up a bandwagon on him, hoping to draw out newbie scum into acting rashly and making a poorly thought post because of the bandwagoning effect. I interpreted that the post above was both of these things, so I asked him why he went after Hans, and what his reasoning was. He then posted this.

Lordredpanda wrote:My only reasoning why it was harsh was due to him being awfully quick to immediately go after someone based on opening posts is all. Just with so little information to go off of and then just go after people.

Arc I did not intend to make it seem like I was jumping on a bandwagon/riot/mob, I did not read the other posts after his, mainly I read his and then replied because I felt he was very quick to have someone lynched with so little information was all.

Also I apparently do not get notifications for this, how do I turn them on/turn them back on?

First, he said he found it was harsh due to him immediately putting a vote down on someone, this was countered by the post that he was going after in the first place, explaining the reasoning behind making a ridiculous gambit at the start of the first day, and the importance of getting out of RVS early, because it gets us to the part of the game where we have clues to go off of earlier.

Second, he said that he didn't read any of the other posts after Hans before he made the vote, this in my experience implies that he is either lying, or doesn't care how the town votes, as long as the vote isn't going poorly for him. The first post has consistently updated to reflect the vote, so even without reading all of the posts, he can clearly see where the wagons are lining up, and finding a thin justification for why to throw your vote at someone is good enough. this feels more scummy than his first post to me.

voting without looking at all the information is a scum play, not a town play, so my vote stands here.
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Before the game continues any further, I would like to provide a clarification to everybody about the night phase.

After somebody has been lynched by the town (or when the day phase deadline has been reached, whichever comes first), I will lock this thread and the night phase begins. Because the thread is locked, the only people who will be able to talk will be the mafioso, because they have a private thread invisible to non-mafioso that will remain unlocked during the night. They will make a decision on who the Mafia targets with their night kill and tell me, but other players with abilities that can be used during the night (which in this game includes the Doctor, Cop, and Roleblocker- you know who you are) will also need to inform me of their chosen targets. You can do so by sending me a private message, either with the "PM" button below my avatar or by simply replying to the role PM I sent you at the start of the game (all of you are probably familiar enough with the internet that I didn't need to explain that part).

Unlike the day phase, which lasts a maximum of 1 week of meatspace time, the night phase lasts a maximum of 1 day of meatspace time. This is because, with the thread locked and no public discussion to be had, the game would fall apart if we spent a whole week in the night phase. If the night deadline is reached before everybody with a night action has informed me of what they would like to do, the night phase will end anyway and those people that failed to submit a night action will not have gotten to use their night action that phase. However, because I recognize that someone could randomly have a day where they don't have time to check in on the game and submit a night action, I will allow people with night actions (and the Mafia as a whole) to "pre-submit" a night action during the day phase. You can tell me during any part of the day who your intended target is, and if the night phase comes up and passes by without you having specified some other target, I will assume you still want to target the person you said and have your night action activate. Pre-submitted actions will NOT end the night phase earlier, so even if everybody but you submits an action at night and you pre-submitted an action during the day, the night phase will not automatically end until you have either confirmed for me what you want to do that night or the night phase deadline is reached. This should provide a reasonable insurance against losing out on the chance to use your night action or using it on the wrong person. Once all night actions have been submitted or the night phase deadline has been reached, I will prepare a post that tells the town who was murdered during the night (which, as with lynching, will reveal what their role was) and then unlock the thread. Dead players, please refrain from speaking in this thread until the game has concluded; this forum only has room for one talking ghost, and it's me. I will also update the OP when the new day phase begins, including clearing the lynch votes away (old votes don't carry over into the new day phase, so you do not have to retract the vote you had sitting on someone at the end of the last day).

As a final note, please do NOT send me your night actions over text message, Facebook, or the like, and especially not by verbal discussion. I'll still count them, but I would greatly prefer that you send them to me by PM on this forum so that I have everybody's night action choices in one place and will be less likely to forget that someone wanted to target somebody with something.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently - Page 3 Empty re:claiming

Post by Hans Gruber Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 pm

It's true that allowing Panda a chance to claim is probably the same as allowing him to out a power role, but that's true in any game of Mafia. The fact that this is an open setup adds a few wrinkles to this extremely common scenario. Wrinkles that I'm not going to go into at this time, for fear of handing out ideas. I still would like to see Lordredpanda claim, but I am far less interested in that formality than in hearing back from everyone. Arc, I consider you to have answered more than enough at this time, but everyone else is of great interest to me.

MeanGreenMachine, I would especially like you to weigh in on the people voting for Panda. This bandwagon sprang up very quickly, which makes me nervous. I think there was more than enough evidence to support such a rapid bandwagon, but then again, I would think that. There are currently 4 people voting for Lordredpanda: Arc, Nihil, PurpleRam, and me. You cast your vote on PurpleRam, and you've said you consider me town. What do you think of the other two, and the timing with which they entered this bandwagon?

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 pm

So ghosty, what is the official say on the role voicing/calling?
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Ghosty has already clarified that. You can say what you are (or what you want others to think you are), but you cannot prove what you are through means such as screenshotting your role PM.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:41 pm

It is as MGM says.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Cool just clarifying.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next