Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia 2: Cage Match

+11
TotallyNotSuspicious
KevinSafeSpacey
Like9Orphans
Nihil
PurpleRam
Arc
Ghosty
Green Machine
RedBeard
Alkeriece
Hans Gruber
15 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Mafia 2: Cage Match - Page 7 Empty Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Hans Gruber Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 pm

I have found a replacement for Alkeriece. He will be posting tomorrow. I can extend the deadline if need be. Let me know if you think such a move is necessary.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:35 pm

I think that an extension couldn't hurt anything. As to whether or not it's necessary, that depends on how long it takes the new guy to get up to speed on what's going on. Given that he can't make a post until two days before our current deadline, I'm in favor of extending it by a day or two.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Yeah give it a day or 2. Some time to articulate and formulate strats
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm up for it. An extra day or two'll be helpful to get a feel for this new guy, and give us more time to figure out who's scummy...
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor-Senpai Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Another day couldn't hurt especially given that we don't have many leads and the game is going a bit slow right now.
Raptor-Senpai
Raptor-Senpai

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBeard Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 pm

I also agree that an extension would be good just so the new player can get up to speed on things.

Now for a party Cage gif:
Mafia 2: Cage Match - Page 7 Tumblr_mzurhd8TYd1s0njnro1_250
RedBeard
RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Ditto to everyone else. A day or two.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:03 pm

This stall is ing dangerous for the town. Im going to post my response to ghosty's question in three hours. Anyone who wants to comment on it before me ahould do it before then.
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Eyesack has replaced Alkeriece. Give him a warm welcome for helping out.

I will move the deadline if necessary, but I would greatly prefer if posting speed and discussion would pick up. You'll know Thursday night if it will be moved or not. Either way, I hope you all make the most of your time.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Welcome new Cage. What have you to say about all this? It'll take a while to read everything. Please let us know as soon as you can.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:51 pm

If the deadline isn't being extended, then considering the snail's pace at which this town has discussions I really have no choice but to do this now. Text wall incoming.

Vote to lynch: Arc

I am the town jack-of-all-trades, which means I have a variety of one-shot powers to use. The way Arc was playing in this game was different enough from the first game that it unsettled me. His stated opinion of me was very pro-town this game, while last game he barely had me leaning town, but my day one behavior was pretty much the same in both games. Additionally he prompted KSS to make a roleclaim, which is a tactic he disapproved of Hans taking against the bandwagon victim in the first game. It could have been that he was acting differently in the first game because he was the doctor there and trying to keep his head down, but I wasn't going to be able to rest easy without confirming his alignment. So I used my cop shot on night one to investigate him. Turns out I was right to be suspicious; Arc is a member of the mafia.

I was hoping that a bandwagon would form with Arc on it, and then I could confirm someone else as either town or mafia based on whether Arc came up with a reason to abandon it when it reached L-1. Unfortunately Ghosty's post prompted everyone to slow down on the voting. Which brings me to my next point.

I'm about 95% sure that Ghosty is one of Arc's scum buddies. The "Nihil was probably a vig kill" theory that they were promoting seems like a calculated move on their part. They knew that there was at least a two-thirds chance that the doctor would protect one of the two of them, possibly a higher chance than that since they had the most in-depth reads of other players on day one. If they could convince the town that their kill made no sense for the mafia, then they are also confirming one of them as town in the mind of the doctor, who now thinks that s/he saved that person from a mafia kill. That would end up being very bad for us, to have people "confirming" mafia members as town.

So there you have it. Unfortunately I don't have any idea who the third scum might be. It's not a good idea for me to disclose every other power shot I have available, but I will say that none of them is vigilante. Which makes me think that there either isn't a vigilante at all, or if there is it's definitely X-shot, probably just one-shot.

Now I want to make one thing very clear, before Arc (and probably Ghosty) work to muddy the waters: The only valid lynch options the town has today are Arc and myself. If you believe me, then lynch Arc, as there is a 100% chance he is mafia. If you don't believe me, then I can only be scum to put out such a bold lie, so you have to lynch me. They may try to say that I'm a different town role running a gambit, but this would be a colossally stupid gambit, and if you believe that then you are better off putting me out of the town's misery by lynching me. Then when I flip as the town jack-of-all-trades please proceed to lynch Arc, and hopefully the other power roles will gather enough information in the next two nights to give the town the victory. But it'll be much better to avoid that mislynch altogether and just get Arc today.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:38 pm

It would be quite stupid to say you're a jack of all trades and you're not. I believe you. He was seeming the most scummy out of the three of you. And Ghosty's comment about the vigilante kill was odd. Nihil seemed town and turns out he was. With his lack of suspicious behavior it's dumb for a potentially one-shot vigilante to kill him. That was a mafia kill.

Vote to lynch: Arc.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Well I guess I will repay the favor from last game and believe you just the same as you did myself. It seems like a solid bargin. 1 for 0 or 1 for 1.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm

*walks in to thunderous applause*

Hello Everyone, I'm Arc, your friendly neighborhood scum, and I want all of you dead, if you would be so kind and play like terrible town all day, walking straight to your doom, that would make my job a lot easier. Thank you for going along with me for so long.

That's just what I get for trying to convince someone to play like good town and defend themselves, someone thinks I'm playing differently and investigates me, I guess I'm in trouble now, huh. That is most terribly unfortunate, but I'll leave you all with a few words.

1. To Green, You got the right read, for all of the wrong reasons, My prompting of KSS was knowing what kind of player he was, I was assuming he wouldn't bother marshalling a defense on himself, so I wasn't demanding a role claim, I was suggesting that as one of many ways to defend himself, because good town play is something that should be encouraged, even when you are the opposite side, and I commended you as the second most town player in this game at the time because everyone else was playing utterly completely terrible town, you all should be ashamed, at the end of day 1, I was confused on who the scum were, and I KNEW, I KNEW the right answer. Jesus, you guys are lucky someone was playing on their game.

2. I want you all dead, power roles first, so if you guys could all claim, that would speed up the process, I'd love to see some aerated corpses lying next to mine.

3. Trust nobody, I did not work alone in any of my decisions.

4. Trust Everyone, I totally worked alone, you guys will win as soon as the hammer comes down.

5. If you can't tell, I'm a lying bastard right now.

after that random string of nonsense, I will give you guys a bit of a heads up, one of the posts in this thread mentions a mafia member as being actually mafia. Surprised doing good guys. *thumbs up*

And last but not least, please die your inevitable death, hopefully from the totally 0% chance that my body will give you all diseases as you are preparing it for the noose.

Vote to Lynch: Arc
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Also @ Hans, I hate the cage I am, terrible cage.
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Well shit, that was dramatic.
Ghosty, you got anything to say in your defense?
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. I had asked for everyone's reads on the town leaders because, in truth, I was wanted to see how Arc and GM respond to being scrutinized and whether they attempt to my inquisition back against me. Whether or not GM is lying, it seems almost assured that I was correct in my worries that one or both of them could be scum.

I'm willing to take GM at his word, partially because if we mislynch based on his claim, we'll definitely be lynching scum tomorrow. I'll put it on record that I'm still worried about TNS, but for now, I'll place my vote- and my faith- in  GM's claim.

[Here was a vote to lynch Arc, but since Otaku voted while I was posting and put him at L-1, I am refraining from placing to vote so as to avoid ending the day phase prematurely.]

Now, with that out of the way, there's another part of GM's post that I am obviously expected to respond to. I'm sure we'll be talking about this until the end of tomorrow, at least, but I am not Arc's scum buddy. It's a shame that GM's investigation power was only one-shot, and can't be used again to confirm that statement.

GM, you're reading too much into my suggested alternative for last night's events. I thought Nihil was an odd kill for the Mafia because I didn't see a reason they should go after him. He wasn't active, not nearly to the degree that you or I was. I merely voiced that thought and proposed a possible scenario where the Mafia was not responsible for his death, and I did so partially because I recognize this game has many new players in it and wanted to take the chance to show another possibility to them and hopefully help them realize that the correct answer is not always the obvious one. I'll remind you and everybody else that I did not stick on that idea as a theory to be pushed, and that Arc agreed with me on his own, and that I never acknowledged his agreement or debated against your disagreement in the way I would have if Arc and I were scum buddies trying to push a false narrative on the town.

On the subject of TNS, I applied some pressure to him (pressure other people would have thought to apply as well, which is demonstrated by L9O's similar post coming in before he had seen my post) to see how he would react, and after he defended himself I let off the pressure because I didn't want risk mislynching another townie yet. I'm sorry for redirecting the town's attentions and ruining your gambit, but I couldn't have known your intentions.

The logic you use to pin me as scum is very weak, I feel. I'd like a response from you regarding my rebuttals.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Arc wrote:Also @ Hans, I hate the cage I am, terrible cage.
Mafia 2: Cage Match - Page 7 Deal-w10

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT
Arc: 5 (Green Machine, PurpleRam, Like9orphans, Arc, Otaku1889)
With 10 alive, it takes six votes to lynch.

At this time, I see no reason to move the deadline. It remains Friday at midnight.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm

I'd like to claim that the entire town as my scum buddies. Come on guys, we can win it!
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 pm

*pulls lever on gallows* Just testing to make sure it works properly. Don't want any glitches when we're lynchin'.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Ghosty wrote:
Like9Orphans wrote:Beat me to the punch by 5 seconds.

L9O, you gotta...:

In appropriate timing to Ghosty's

https://goo.gl/images/Ti18pi
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Ghosty, your language was a bit stronger than listing a possible scenario. You said that Nihil made little sense as a mafia kill, and said you wouldn't be surprised if he was a vig kill. Now as for not arguing the point that is true, but that actually makes you more suspicious in my mind. I would expect town to either argue their position if they thought it was stronger than mine, or concede that I had a better argument. Just dropping the subject seems scummy, like you wanted to avoid confrontation while maintaining a "leader of the town" appearance. Also it leaves a chance that the doctor still bought your argument, if you don't have any more discussion on the point. Which as I said was the whole reason for you to be making it in the first place; if Arc is the only scum amongst us three then he has no reason to voice support for that idea at all, as the doctor more likely than not protected a town player.

On the subject of not knowing I was hoping for a bandwagon, that is true, you couldn't have known that. And it's not your fault that the players in this game have been really slow to talk about things. But I maintain that votes are valuable information for the town, and your post worked to discourage voting. That seems like a scummy thing to do.

Lastly there is a quote from you that caught my eye: "But too often have I seen games where the scum manages to safely coast their way to an easy victory because they had someone doing an expert job of pretending to be an active, inquisitive player who led the town... Except in truth, they were really misleading the town the whole way." Now that quote by itself isn't scummy, but if you said it as scum then you would have had a huge grin on your face while typing that, imagining yourself pointing that quote out to other players post game and getting a big laugh out of it. Since one of the things you like to do in general is create amusement, I feel like that statement edges you more toward the side of being scum.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor-Senpai Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Um ok tell us how you really feel Arc. So yeah Vote to Lynch: Arc.
Raptor-Senpai
Raptor-Senpai

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Can I get a firing squad?
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Nicolas Cage was surrounded. The other Nicolas Cages had figured out his secret. They were walking towards him, some holding torches, others, bags full of bees. And for some reason, all of them were dressed up in various animal costumes.
Not the bees, Nicolas Cage thought to himself. I'll go out my own way.
"You'll never take me alive!" He screamed, cackling maniacally. He ran out into the street, where he was hit by a passing truck.

Arc has been lynched. He was Edward Malus (The Wicker Man), Mafia Goon.

It is now Night 2. Everyone get me your night actions as soon as possible, then we can get this show back on the road. And of course, no posting in this thread until sunrise.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next