Mafia 2: Cage Match

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Alkeriece on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:32 pm

well then in response since you also chose the same movie, i would like to come back at you as i did not pay attention to what cage movie i chose from i would like to...

vote to lynch: PurpleRam

as he also misspelled my name first time
Alkeriece

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkeriece on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:34 pm

note, i also did not pay attention to how i worded that comment so now im going to mock past me from 30 seconds ago "i would like too"at the beginning, and then again in the same sentence "i would like too" at the end...gg alk, gg
Alkeriece

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Ghosty wrote:Wanting to not lynch on day one is common among new players in my experience, but you are right that doing so usually means the Mafia gets a free kill and the town learns nothing. Even accidentally lynching a townie D1 gives useful information, since you can review their posts on D2 knowing that they were townie.

For the sake of trying to promote some discussion, then, I'd like to ask everybody to tell what role they would most like to have gotten in this game. Now, it's a closed set-up, sure, but not knowing whether there is a cop doesn't mean nobody could have wanted to be a cop so don't cop out skip out on answering the question because of that.

Since it would be shameful and irresponsible for me to asking a question like that without answering, I'll answer first. I would prefer to be a vanilla townie, because I haven't played Mafia in quite a while and I feel a vanilla townie is the best way to shake off. It's getting back to the basics, the fundamentals, with no fancy night actions or abilities other than the most important one all townies have: a vote. Not to mention, I prefer playing as town in the first place because it's more fun than playing scum, IMO.

Also, just throwing this out, but I'm currently (as in, as we speak) running a game session so if I seem silent, that's why. Then again, I've already posted more than some others, so perhaps the defense is unnecessary at this point...

If we are picking any role that exists in the game, I would have liked to be a Day vig, I enjoy the ability to immediately act on my suspicions, even if I'm being bussed, or if I think the town has its answer wrong, as long as we aren't in the very final stages of the game, where 1 wrong kill loses us the game. Other than that scenario, I enjoy that role quite a lot, but I don't think there is a day vig in this particular setup.

Anyway, on to responding to other people.

@kevin, Why do you find me suspicious? I'm just making arguments based on knowledge of this group of people from the last game, and also from the information given at the start of the game. I'm curious what you'll say here.

@Alk, Purple is a chick, we went over this already. :p

@Purple, My vote on Alk was mainly a joke vote, knowing he is newish to the game, and since he was the last one here, I was just picking on him a bit. Are you going along with the joke, or are you serious there? This seems like a scummy play to me, agreeing with a joke vote and doubling down upon it. I'm going to transition my vote over to you for a moment until I see what you've said in response.

Vote to lynch: Purple Ram
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 am

I'll address Ghosty's question. Keep in mind though that everything I know about roles I learned from the mafiascum wiki. The short answer is anything but vanilla townie would have been fine. It seems like the least interesting way to play (barring something stupid like a backup role with no original), and I already was one in the only other game I played.

As for the long answer, I guess my first choice would have been serial killer. It seems slightly terrifying - what with having no allies - but also looks like it would be a lot of fun. We happen to know there are no third parties in this setup though. Of things that are possibly in this game, I would have been most interested in being in the mafia. It's probably a whole different game from that perspective. Preferably with a power role, though it seems like the mafia generally gets less fun power roles that amount to "you aren't affected by/can block this interesting power role the town has." After that, one of the aforementioned interesting town power roles would be nice. Being part of a group of masons would be pretty good, or maybe something like a jailkeeper.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:53 am

@Arc: Sorry boss, but there's only two men I trust. One of them's me. The other's not you.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:34 am

KevinSafeSpacey wrote:@Arc: Sorry boss, but there's only two men I trust. One of them's me. The other's not you.

That is not an answer...at all. jesus, that's a scummy post.

Vote to Lynch: KevinSafeSpacey
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 am

Jez, Arc, I'm not sure if you even know what's going on. You sure seem to change your votes to lynch at a moments notice. I don't like it. But I wouldn't call you scummy just yet. Can you blame me for not trusting you in such troubling times? Nicholas cage lies dead, murdered in cold blood and the killer is amongst us. It would be foolish to trust someone in such troubling times.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 am

KevinSafeSpacey wrote:Jez, Arc, I'm not sure if you even know what's going on. You sure seem to change your votes to lynch at a moments notice. I don't like it. But I wouldn't call you scummy just yet. Can you blame me for not trusting you in such troubling times? Nicholas cage lies dead, murdered in cold blood and the killer is amongst us. It would be foolish to trust someone in such troubling times.
All I know right now is that I asked you for what reasoning you found me suspicious, and not only did you fail to answer the question, you threw out one of the biggest cliched lines ever basically saying completely nothing. So you seem like scum now.
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:02 am

You just sounded scummy in your original confirmation. That's all. You have an off putting aura about you. I was just telling the truth.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm

There is a lot of suspicious behavior around here. We really can't tell anything from a role confirmation post. Green Machine is right about me being excitable. The truth is, we're all Cages and one of us is a murderer. I'm hoping more information comes to light soon. For the time being,

Vote to lynch: nobody.

But I've got my eye on you. *looks at everyone through narrowed eyes*
PurpleRam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 am

Regarding the question posed to everyone, I suppose my preferred role to get for this game would have been either a vigilante or a mafia goon, because I presume there aren't any of the really interesting roles like Jesters and Serial Killers and Lynchers.

Having read through the posts, I think the person currently sticking out to me as scummiest (admittedly based on limited information due to certain voices being notably quieter than other, behavior that will begin to arouse my suspicion should it continue) is KevinSafeSpacey. He seems rather dodgy in the way he is speaking.

We're in the RVS anyway, so I might as well
Vote to Lynch: KevinSafeSpacey
Nihil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor-Senpai on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:45 pm

My preferred role would really just be anything other than vanilla townie just so that I would have something to do other than wait around to be sufficiently scummy so I can vote to lynch them. As for my vote ehh Vote to Lynch: Green Machine since he voted to lynch me.
Raptor-Senpai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Oh no! I've been OMGUSed!
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBeard on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm late to the par...ty.... wow there is a lot to read....

After reading all of this, I realize I am still pretty new to this game, and I am still uncertain in this beginning. I do know that Nicholas Cage is dead and someone murdered him.

My current thought is leaning toward leans towards KevinSafeSpacey because I do see some scum in his posts. Though I also can see some in Nic's posts. Though I'm still not feeling comfortable voting at this time and quite frankly unsure.

Vote to Lynch: No one currently

RedBeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:49 pm

I suppose my preferred role in mafia is vanilla townie, the Hufflepuff of mafia roles.
Otaku1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:12 pm

If I had to choose a role to be in Mafia I would argue for a 3rd party one. It defiantly seems like the most interesting. You are the wild card with your own agenda and can hurt and help others as you see fit. It seems very much like a fun role to play.

In terms of lynching with the limited info we have I am inclined to think that Ghosty Is an ally of the town. Providing a question to interrogate people and gather information about each of us on a personal level and try to see how we feel about the game in the current mood. I do not have a clear suspicion quite yet but I am inclined to think that the suspicion lies in totally not suspicious for no other reason than the name of not being suspicious. It seems suspicious. But my gut also tells me that purple ram might be another candidate for questioning. We all know that rams are not purple, unless she has info she isn't letting us in on.

Vote to lynch: nobody because not enough info
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:07 am

RedBeard, love the reaction pic. I think that's how we all feel right now.

As for my name, my dearest of orphans, my favorite color is purple and I like the rams football team. If anyone cares I'm an Aries.
PurpleRam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:05 am

Otaku, come on. Hufflepuff isn't that bad. I myself was sorted into Gryffindor through Pottermore. If I had to choose a preferred role it would be Doctor. I enjoy helping others in need. I also think it's where I'd be most comfortable. While I admit I sounded rather scummy in previous posts I only did so because we weren't recieving any information. No one was trying to help and I got nervous that the scum was going to silently eliminate all of us while we stare into the void carelessly.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:53 pm

TotallyNotSuspicious, PurpleRam, Alkeriece, RedBeard- I'd still like to hear what roles you would be most interested in playing.
Ghosty
Admin

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBeard on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Hmmm the role I would be most interested in playing. I would say vanilla townie would be the most interested in playing. Mainly due to me still being fairly new to this game and me being pretty busy right now in my life. The vanilla townie does not have as much things to do as say the mafia, cops, or doctors. Also the last time when I happened to be a certain role...I didn't do to well at all haha.
RedBeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 pm

KevinSafeSpacey, wasn't a jab at Hufflepuff. I myself am a proud Hufflepuff. Merely meant the role was more laid-back, which suits me just fine.
Otaku1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TotallyNotSuspicious on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 pm

@Ghosty Not sure. This is my first game, so I don't really have much of a frame of reference.
TotallyNotSuspicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Otaku1889, I see. I thought you were trashtalking your house. There seems to be a lot of newbies in the mix here and that makes me want to hang back and get more infomation. I thought everyone here was a pro at putting up a disguise but it's cool that we have some new players. I haven't played in years so it's helping beat the dust off certain areas.

Vote To Lynch: Nobody
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Sorry for being busy over the past couple days, haven't really had too much of a chance to get on here.

On one hand, I'm still suspicious of Kevin, so I'll keep my vote here, but I don't think there has been enough activity to give us any real information since I posted that vote in the first place. So i'm interested in seeing how Ghosty interprets our answers.
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:44 pm

We're halfway to the deadline for day one, and there still hasn't been all that much said. Anyone besides Ghosty have any good questions or statements that might prompt more discussion?
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top