Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Hans Gruber on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Nicolas Cage found himself falling for almost an eternity. He eventually landed on something soft, lying on his back, facing the sky. A fat man with glasses and a ponytail looked down at him. He resembled American magician/comedian Penn Jillette, before the weight loss.
"This is your home now," the man said, before walking off.
Nicolas Cage tried to get his bearings. He appeared to be in a trash can, albeit one that seemed to stretch on infinitely in all directions. The floor he landed on appeared to be made of corpses. He shivered. What sort of nightmare was he having?
He saw an animated trash can skulking around and decided to press it for answers. "You there! Where am I?"
The trash elemental responded with a horrifying sound, the aound of a trash can lid rattling on the rim, while occasionally bouncing off a spider. It can best be approximated as "HOB HOB HOB HOB HOB!"
Nicolas Cage brushed the spiders off of his collar and saw a bigger mechanical spider walking around. He asked it the same question.
"This is your home now," the spider replied. "Your actions in your life determine where you end up. People who make movies like Face/Off go to heaven. People who make movies like Ghost Rider 2 go to hell. But you..." It stared with an inhuman expression. Nicolas Cage thought it to be a mixture of contempt and pity. "People like you go here." It scuttled closer. "Would you like some juice?"

Green Machine has been killed. He was Benjamin Franklin Gates (National Treasure), Town Jack-of-all-Trades.

It is now Day 5. With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, August 30, at midnight. Make the most of the time you have left.
avatar
Hans Gruber

Join date : 2017-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Ghosty on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Before anybody says anything else, Eyesack, please tell us now who you tried to protect last night.
avatar
Ghosty
Admin

Join date : 2017-06-19

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by eyesack on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:55 pm

I tried to protect TNS.

My thought process was that GM was not going to be targeted as he had already said his role and had used his cop one shot. That left a potential other cop in the mix. Because of this I reasoned the Mafia would try to guess who was the cop out of the alleged vanilla townies. I also tried to guess who the Mafia might guess to but also who was not the mafia. Obviously not the correct choice.
avatar
eyesack

Join date : 2017-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Hans Gruber on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 pm

This game is dead
Long live this game
avatar
Hans Gruber

Join date : 2017-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Ghosty on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Alright, with that response given, the day can continue. In fact, the day desperately needs to continue. If we're going to suss out the last scum, we need to work for it.

Eyesack, the unfortunate reality of the situation is that it's impossible for me to determine whether you're being honest or not. I'm glad to have your answer on record, but I was actually hoping to see whether somebody (you or anyone else) would jump on me for my last post, which was intentionally scummy (containing a rather blatant attempt to silence the town). That little gambit produced nothing, but we also didn't lose much time on it- so thank you for responding promptly. Who did you (as Alkeriece) protect on night one?

As an aside, we currently have 5 players remaining, one of which is scum. If the game reaches the next day phase, it will likely be with only 3 players remaining, so I would like to preemptively warn people to be very cautious about placing votes tomorrow because that's prime time for the scum to quickhammer.

Hypothetical Cop-player, if you really do exist and if you found scum last night, you better speak up. But I doubt that happened, or else you probably would have already told the town about it. I'll leave it to you to decide whether you should reveal yourself if you either found town or did not successfully investigate last night. If were able to confirm one of the claimed Vanilla Townies as town, telling us so should put our odds of winning at 100% if Eyesack really is a Bodyguard, an assumption I'm not quite as willing to buy as GM was. I'm not saying it's false, but just that I'm not certain one way or the other. If Eyesack is scum, Bodyguard would be a reasonable roll to claim since it's not an especially common one. On the other hand, as a weaker version of a Doctor, it feels like the sort of role Hans might have actually included in the game. Hard to say, really, which is why I'm on the fence here.

For now, I'm going to Vote to Lynch: Totally Not Suspicious. He and Eyesack are still the two I am most suspicious of, but on the chance that Eyesack really is a Bodyguard it would be better to lynch him after TNS.

TNS, I would like to hear if your read on Eyesack (whom you pinned as the second scummiest person after myself back on page 10) has changed at all in light of recent events. As a matter of fact, go ahead and let us know if any of your reads have changed since then.
avatar
Ghosty
Admin

Join date : 2017-06-19

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by TotallyNotSuspicious on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Honestly I'm still of the opinion that the last one has to be either eyesack or you, @Ghosty.

Nothing has happened to change my read on the other two, but I do find it odd eyesack would try to guard me in particular if he is a bodyguard.

My (admittedly poorly thought out) sacrificial offer should have eliminated any chance of me being the cop, since deliberately asking the town to lynch me would be a useless waste of the power.

I'm leaning towards Eyesack atm over Ghosty.
avatar
TotallyNotSuspicious

Join date : 2017-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Dsilv87 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm going to work my way backward, just because it seems a little easier.

Ghosty, I didn't see your comment as scummy, asking Eyesack to claim who he protected. Honestly, it's the one thing everyone would like to know besides, "Do we have a cop and did you just win the game for us?!" However, as was also obvious, you knew that you wouldn't get an answer you would trust because, unless he was killed, we can't be sure he protected who he said he did.

Assuming Eyesack is a bodyguard (which leaves the scum in the 4 claiming town), it was inevitable that he or GM were killed. GM was the obvious target and Eyesack would have died protecting him. However, it was smart to try and blind protect one of the townies just trying to guess the cop.

Since Ghosty and TNS have both replied and not claimed cop and I'm not a cop, I have to almost believe that we don't have one. The Miller could have just been a red herring.

Eyesack claiming bodyguard as scum would have been a very risky move. After all, Otaku couldn't follow thru on the lie and it got him caught. Bodyguard is a little easier to fake, but he did ask us if we wanted to know who he was protecting, so I have to lean toward him being town.

Ghosty, I still can't bring myself to lean any other way than L9 as being the scum. I think, at this point, the scum will want to be as quiet as possible. However, the last post from TNS did anything but remove suspicion from himself. First, after being voted on, immediately points the finger at two other players. Second, and more interestingly, bringing up the idea that he offered himself up for lynching. I don't know if that is the most scummy thing to say or the least scummy thing to do.

I'd like to hear more from the group, but my vote is unofficially going toward L9.

So, right now, it's 5-1. We can still mis-lynch once and be fine, right? More importantly, though, can we afford to replace a mis-lynch with another no lynch? I think the answer is no. There is one assumption here that needs to be confirmed for the group: Is Eyesack a bodyguard and how can he prove it?
avatar
Dsilv87

Join date : 2017-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Like9Orphans on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Ok I am sorry about this long break however I have been all over the place trying to get a job and traveling. I have literally spent more time over the last week in the car then I have in waking hours. In the time that I have been out of the car it has come to be a lot of trying to get work and look for jobs in multiple parts of the country as well as seeing friends briefly before heading out to my next location.

As for my previous post about my decision to join in on the role calling I WAS hesitant at first hence why I did not reveal my role immediately upon the roles being called. As then stated I believed the mafia to be inexperienced because of Otaku's failed cop claim. With that I believe that Ghosty is the least likely candidate for mafia. He is the most experienced and I don't think that if he were partners with Otaku he would have had him make that mistake.

Now with the harder deliberations. In my eyes we didn't seem to have a cop. Thinking we had a bodyguard would have been a way for the cop to be covered for a day and disclose his more potent power than GM. if nothing else he could have confirmed someone to be town versus scum. even with the potential for there to be a roleblocker mafia left the information would have been useful to the town yesterday. that would have cleared someone else's name most likely. If the mafia were to counterclaim as the cop it would lead to a town win because we lynch one and then then the other if wrong. regardless it reduces the number of applicable candidates for the town to kill. If we had a cop They probably should have revealed yesterday honestly.

I'm leaning towards Eyesack being scum on principal of him not protecting what seemed to be the most obvious choice for a town member to protect. However we still have the conundrum of him being the only one to claim a power role aside from the all but confirmed GM. I am also very hesitant to put a vote to him as then we have an issue of limited votes needed for a lynch. with the mafia only needing to be 1 3rd of the vote for a lynch its a risk at this time.


avatar
Like9Orphans

Join date : 2017-06-29
Age : 99
Location : Outer space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by TotallyNotSuspicious on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:31 pm

In reply to Dsilv87, my reply was in response to Ghosty asking if my read's had changed.

And I brought up the self-lynching not in my defense, but because my doing so makes me an odd choice for protection.

If I'm scum, doing so was basically forfeiting the game.

If I'm not, then the only option is a vanilla townie because a power role doing so is foolish in the extreme, effectively throwing out an ability for nothing.

And it was also a bad idea even for a townie, since it ultimately wouldn't have actually helped.

To put it bluntly, there shouldn't have been any value in protecting me, which is why I find it suspicious that eyesac chose me, if indeed he did.
avatar
TotallyNotSuspicious

Join date : 2017-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by eyesack on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Quoting myself to show my thought process and further elaborate on why I thought the mafia would not target GM.
eyesack wrote:I tried to protect TNS.

My thought process was that GM was not going to be targeted as he had already said his role and had used his cop one shot. That left a potential other cop in the mix. Because of this I reasoned the Mafia would try to guess who was the cop out of the alleged vanilla townies. I also tried to guess who the Mafia might guess to but also who was not the mafia. Obviously not the correct choice.
I believed GM having played mafia with you all more that Hans would not just put the Miller out there as a red herring. Now this belief could be wrong but I chose to follow the one confirmed town on his train of thought. I also saw that he posted for the doctor to protect him during the night. He then said that may be bad information for the doctor, he did not know there was a bodyguard at the time of this, so this confused me and I was at a lost of what to do. I ultimately, as stated above decided to guess on who was the cop I could not make a decision and was stuck in an infinite loop. So I rolled a die and chose TNS.

Ghosty wrote:
Who did you (as Alkeriece) protect on night one?

I was informed Alkeriece did not use his power on night one.
avatar
eyesack

Join date : 2017-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Ghosty on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:17 pm

The deadline is creeping up on us, so we need to get some more discussion going here. I offer every other living player a question to answer (and will submit to your own examinations in turn).

Totally Not Suspicious: Why do you suspect Eyesack of being the last scum more than you suspect me?

Eyesack: Please rank all of the currently living players (yourself and myself included) in terms of who, assuming they are a town-aligned player, has been most useful to the town.

Like9Orphans: What is the scummiest thing I've said or done all game?

Dsilv87: Why do you think it was smart for Eyesack to try blindly to protect the Cop when you also say Green Machine was the obvious target?

Also, as an aside, we are at 4-1 Dsilv, not 5-1. We can mislynch once (and end up at 2-1 during the next day phase) but not twice. Opting for another No Lynch today will leave us at 3-1 tomorrow, where the Mafia still wins if we mislynch. The only way we could get one extra day is if we No Lynch today AND tomorrow. Do any of you guys think we should consider doing so?
avatar
Ghosty
Admin

Join date : 2017-06-19

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Dsilv87 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm really trying hard to not muck up the logic in the group with all the scenarios I'm going through. Honestly, I'm not certain what play to make.

Ghosty, in the last night phase, I was on board with GM's assertions: we had a cop, GM was a JOAT, Eyesack was a bodyguard and the scum had claimed town. If that were the correct layout, then the mafia had two options: go after the cop or go after GM. From the town perspective, keeping the cop alive and having a successful investigation should have nailed down the win. So, Eyesack blindly defending a possible cop seemed a reasonable play at the time. I'm not saying it's the best play, just that it didn't seem scummy. I think the obvious misstep here is that we don't appear to have a cop. So, Eyesack really should have taken one for the team and guarded GM, especially since it appears he was the only power player we have left (besides a bodyguard with no one to guard).

And, yes, sorry, it is 4-1 left. Here is my order from least scummy to most scummy, purely based on instinct: myself, eyesack, ghosty, TNS and L9 are tied.

I'll throw a question back at you Ghosty: How certain are you that Eyesack is a bodyguard and, secondly, what makes you feel that way?
avatar
Dsilv87

Join date : 2017-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Ghosty on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:09 pm

I'm not certain at all that Eyesack is actually a Bodyguard, and expressed as much in some of my latest posts. However, I'm can't rule the possibility that he's being honest out entirely, either. What it boils down to is that I'm still suspicious of him for the reasons I've detailed previously in the thread and because his claim of Bodyguard is a fairly safe one for a scum player to make, since 1) it's not an particularly common role, making it less likely to actually be in the game and get counterclaimed, and 2) unlike Otaku's Role Cop ability, a Bodyguard ability doesn't reveal information or really leave any proof of its use behind, so Eyesack isn't at risk of accidentally revealing himself like Otaku did. That said, there are a few things that make me feel it's reasonably possible Eyesack is telling the truth. He has been pretty active and inquisitive, which is general a point towards being town-aligned, and that's forced me to soften my stance on him slightly. Additionally, his defense of being unsure who he should target feels coherent with his previous actions (and the defenses of those actions) when he asked everybody who they thought the Mafia was likely to target back on page 10. Finally, in what is admittedly a gut feeling, I don't think a Bodyguard feels that out of place in the set-up that's being revealed with each death, so can accept the idea that there might be one in this setup..
avatar
Ghosty
Admin

Join date : 2017-06-19

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by eyesack on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:21 pm

I would rate the most helpful as Ghosty, myself, L9O, and a tie between TNS and Dsilv87.

Ghosty, I was going very hard against you in the beginning because it felt like you were trying to lead the town in a direction and I was not sure if you were doing what Arc was doing and trying to mislead us. You have continually pushed for more conversation with GM and kept things moving.

I would not put myself first as I have not been as active as I was originally this is because time was not in my favor to post here as well as I was afraid of being seen as too aggressive.

L9O has been helpful in answering questions put forth. Not posting much at this time because of his travel though.

Dsilv87 has been very active since his posting. However, we have not had much time to get on his reads or digest more information from him.

TNS has been more of a follower and only posted a lot when his safety was on the line.

I do not know what to do in this situation.
avatar
eyesack

Join date : 2017-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Dsilv87 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:03 pm

The more I think about it, Ghosty, the more I do see Eyesack as playing the perfect bodyguard ruse. While I still see why I reasoned that the mafia would take out GM, both because of his power role and to keep this vanilla town group together, it does seem as though he should have protected GM and took one for the team.

Ghosty, I have to ask: Why so willing to throw a quick-vote down on TNS after telling the group to be careful about throwing down votes? Second, why not throw that vote on L9?

I am against the idea of no lynch two more times in a row.
avatar
Dsilv87

Join date : 2017-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by eyesack on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:09 am

Hindsight is 20/20 Dsilb87. Saying who I should have protected is easy after the target is already dead. What makes you trust L9O and TNS over me?
avatar
eyesack

Join date : 2017-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Like9Orphans on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:18 am

Your question is simple Ghosty. I would say that the scummiest thing that you have done all game was agreeing with Arc on Day 2 about the possibility of Nihil being a vig kill. It was a bit convenient at the time. Other than that your posts have been in line with what else you have said and you have come to be very much town in that time.

Now aside from that I will put forth my thoughts on who might be the mafia currently. I believe the most likely candidates to be mafia are probably TNS and Eyesack. TNS feels again like bumbling scum throughout this game. Not posting a whole lot, not adding much to discussion when he does and definitely not putting forth what he needs right now. Eyesack currently casts a lot of suspicion for his choice as the bodyguard as I said in my earlier post. Also Eyesack Dsilv is saying that he trusts you over myself and TNS I believe. (correct me if I am incorrect dsilv)

I have a question about our option of no lynch. How do our chances fair if we no lynch versus the possibility of mislynching? If we no lynch today we have 3 people left correct, versus if we mislynch where we only have 2 town left. If we mislynch we have to be very careful with our votes to the point of 1 vote could be the end of the game in favor of the mafia. If we no lynch we do have another townie to help against the mafia although that would be the last time. Im mostly just curious what others think about it.

Lastly, Dsilv could you elaborate more on why I am more scummy than TNS by the Im busy statements? He has put them in his statements as well granted not as often. What in particular makes my im busy statements scummier than his?
avatar
Like9Orphans

Join date : 2017-06-29
Age : 99
Location : Outer space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Ghosty on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:40 pm

eyesack wrote:Ghosty, I was going very hard against you in the beginning because it felt like you were trying to lead the town in a direction and I was not sure if you were doing what Arc was doing and trying to mislead us. You have continually pushed for more conversation with GM and kept things moving.

To help defend myself against lingering doubts that I might be scum trying to (mis)lead the town, I'll bring up the fact that I was the original person to say that the town's three leaders (including myself) all need to be examined in case scum is hiding among them. If both Arc AND I were scum, drawing that kind of attention to ourselves would have been quite foolish. I'm also experienced enough with Mafia that if I were one of the scum players, I would have been able to help Otaku fake-claim properly when he claimed to be a Cop but gave a Role Cop's results.

Dsilv87 wrote:Ghosty, I have to ask: Why so willing to throw a quick-vote down on TNS after telling the group to be careful about throwing down votes? Second, why not throw that vote on L9?

We need to be careful about putting ourselves into the range of someone being able to absentmindedly or maliciously trigger the lynch and cut the day phase short. My solitary vote isn't putting us in that range.

I didn't vote for L9O because who would want to lynch nine helpless orphans because he's not the most suspicious player to me at the moment, obviously. So far, the only justifications I can see that you've given for your belief that L9O is scum are 1) he flip-flopped within the context of one post on whether he thought the mass role claim was a good idea and 2) he said he would want Nihil as a partner if he were scum.

I'm going to do something I frankly should have done a while ago but didn't, and try to explain why I think neither of these are good reasons to think L9O is scum.

Regarding #1, I think you're simply misinterpreting his words in his post at the top of page 12. In the first point of his post L9O is explaining why he hadn't participated in the mass claim sooner, not continuing to protest it as a bad idea. The second point of his post explains what caused him to change his mind about the role claim, and the third point of his post is then his own role claim. It's not scummy just to change your mind about something, especially if you can provide a reason for why you are altering your stance (as L9O did). It would be more suspicious if L9O had explained what caused him to come around to thinking the idea could be good but then didn't claim a role himself, since scum would want to encourage the role claim while putting off their own fake-claim as long as possible.

Regarding #2, L9O is one of several people who said they would want Nihil as a potential partner, including both Purple Ram and Green Machine (who we now know were town-aligned). This claim is so bizarre that I almost don't know how to respond to it. It assumes that, for some reason, a scum player would want to claim Nihil as someone they would want as their partner. But the scum do not get to pick their partners, it is chosen at random and so who they wish their scum-buddies were is meaningless. Besides, what about Nihil makes wanting him as a scum partner suspicious? If someone thinks he would make a good scum player, why wouldn't they want his as a partner if they were scum? My point here is that anybody who thinks Nihil would make good scum would say that, no matter whether they actually are scum or are town.

Also if you're still trying to figure out how to include a portion of someone else's post in your own like I have been doing in this post, look for a button near the top of each post that says "Quote". Clicking it opens the page to reply to the thread, but with a properly-formatted quote of that post already typed.

Like9Orphans wrote:TNS feels again like bumbling scum throughout this game. Not posting a whole lot, not adding much to discussion when he does and definitely not putting forth what he needs right now.

Can you point to specific things he has posted that you think are scummy? Not that I don't also think Totally Not Suspicious is scummy, obviously, but I'm curious what stands out the most to you and if you've seen anything that I might have missed. Or is your suspicion based entirely on things he hasn't done rather than has done?

Like9Orphans wrote:I have a question about our option of no lynch. How do our chances fair if we no lynch versus the possibility of mislynching? If we no lynch today we have 3 people left correct, versus if we mislynch where we only have 2 town left. If we mislynch we have to be very careful with our votes to the point of 1 vote could be the end of the game in favor of the mafia. If we no lynch we do have another townie to help against the mafia although that would be the last time. Im mostly just curious what others think about it.

We currently have five players, one of which is scum and four of which are not. If we mislynch today and the Mafia kills someone tonight, the next day will have three players, one of which is scum and two of which are not. If we no lynch instead, the next day will have four players, one of which is scum and three of which are not.

I will take this opportunity to again warn the town to be very careful about placing a vote when there are only three players left, since if you vote wrong the remaining scum player can immediately place their vote to trigger the lynch and win, a maneuver known as "quickhammering" someone.

On the other hand, if we no lynch today AND tomorrow, we will go from a 4-1 ratio of town-scum today to a 3-1 ratio tomorrow and a 2-1 ratio the day after, meaning today plus tomorrow plus the next day is the absolute maximum length this game can continue for. Since you might have missed me asking before, do you think we should do a no lynch today and tomorrow? Why or why not?
avatar
Ghosty
Admin

Join date : 2017-06-19

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by TotallyNotSuspicious on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:30 pm

@Ghosty The reason I currently view eyesack as more likely to be scum is because of him claiming to have guarded me. I feel I should have been the least likely candidate for protection, especially after the plan I proposed.
avatar
TotallyNotSuspicious

Join date : 2017-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Dsilv87 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:58 pm

Wow, lots of action going on here. Good to see! Okay, looks like I have quite a bit to reply to, so here goes...

Ghosty, at this point in the game, I think everyone is probably second-guessing themselves as to who they suspect and I'm definitely in that boat. Regarding my suspicion of L9, I agree that my suspicions can be argued away. My initial point of his commentary against Nihil still stands out in my mind. Remember, I wasn't part of the game at that point, so I was just pouring through those earlier notes. It stuck with me that he mentioned Nihil as a "mastermind" and someone who could figure out a lot behind the scenes...and then Nihil got the axe that night. No, he wasn't only one who claimed Nihil, it was just the elaboration. The other point about contradicting himself in role-claiming just didn't read right to me. Why even make bullet points about your thoughts just to say:
1) I don't like the idea of role-claiming
2) Okay, my role is...
Besides those points, like I said before, in the last phase, we strongly believed that the scum would be claiming vanilla town and I felt as though that would be a time for the mafia to lay low, post only just enough and go with the flow. L9 checked those boxes.
Besides that, Ghosty, I still have difficulty with your quick voting here...While I understand that your vote doesn't necessarily open the door for quick-hammering, it puts that situation in play. You could have simply said that you want to vote for TNS and asked for those supporting you.

Am I the only one who sees that as worth noting?

L9, to address your question...First, let me just say that I've read a lot about you searching for jobs and I hope that pans out for you. Good luck, I know that can be a tough process. My statements about you not participating in this game are only game observations and I believe that is the way the mafia is acting at this point. Back to the game... I see you and TNS roughly the same. Not too active, purposefully or not, not adding a whole bunch of insight or asking lots of questions, missing votes, etc. I still haven't voted, so maybe there's time to change my mind.

Eyesack, you are right. Hindsight is 20/20, but I do think it was the wrong play, not protecting our other confirmed power role. However, as I commented before, I completely understand the logic you used...

Back to the question of lynch/no lynch. Here's how I see it in my mind: There are four players other than yourself, which you can eliminate from being scum (unless you are the scumbag who can't look at himself in the mirror without smiling at your scumbaggery). At this point, you can pick twice out of those four, 50/50 shot, to get the bad guy. Or, you no lynch twice and then pick one of the two others remaining...still a 50/50 shot. It boils down to this: If two players are removed from this group, do you feel as though you'd be able to pick out the scum?

Last night I was against a double no lynch, but I'd like to know how certain, 1-10 scale, each person is of the person they would vote for this day phase. Me? I'm a 6.5 on who I would vote for...
avatar
Dsilv87

Join date : 2017-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Like9Orphans on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am

The things that seem to stick out to me as being the most scummy are his first mistake of not being able to change votes when he clearly saw others doing so, His absence throughout the game, his lack of posting much of insight and or text heavy posts, and his current lack of posting anything longer than this paragraph. As to his earlier self lynch proposition I would argue that is the only thing stopping me from lynching him currently. Its either a gambit for the mafia or a poor choice from a townie. which is why I leave him at a 7.5 for how sure I am.

To address your general question of the double no lynching, thinking over it more carefully I see that it is a flawed plan because of the fact that it takes away power from us as the town. By not voting we waste an opportunity to lynch correctly versus not lynching at all. 2 chances are better than 1 even if there are more townies for the final vote.

TNS do you have any more to say in your defense as to why you are not mafia? I want to hear what your thoughts are in more depth, otherwise we are left at a standstill forcing us to have to make a choice with the day coming to a close.

Dsilv I think that your worries about quick hammering on today are not really a problem. If the mafia quick hammers today that makes them look really suspicious and they dont have something to fall back on. While it does open the door for some sneaky voting, they have to be very good with thier argument here because we are down to the wire. Any choice that any of us make will be heavily scrutinized.
avatar
Like9Orphans

Join date : 2017-06-29
Age : 99
Location : Outer space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Ghosty on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 pm

I don't have lots of time for posting today, but I would like to get some words in quickly.

Dsilv87 wrote:Why even make bullet points about your thoughts just to say:
1) I don't like the idea of role-claiming
2) Okay, my role is...

Because clearly expressing your thoughts to other players and avoiding miscommunications is very important in this game. Besides that, you've skipped an important bullet point again, and that's the point between your first and second where he says why he changed his mind about a mass role claim. His first point explained why he hesitated to role-claim, the second point explains why he changed his mind about role-claiming being a bad idea, and the third point is his role-claim.

I don't like continuing to defend another person when I'm not someone with special, confirmed knowledge of their role/alignment like a Cop or Mason, but your argument really just does not hold up. To be blunt, you're either blatantly ignoring or misreading what L9O actually said in his post.

Dsilv87 wrote:Besides that, Ghosty, I still have difficulty with your quick voting here...While I understand that your vote doesn't necessarily open the door for quick-hammering, it puts that situation in play. You could have simply said that you want to vote for TNS and asked for those supporting you.

Well, first let me put it out on the table that the situational risk of a scum player quickhammering pretty much disappears when there's only a single scum left and the lynch wouldn't be game-winning. If the scum quickhammers today, they'll be heaping a whole helping of suspicion on top of themselves for tomorrow. In fact, frankly, if the scum tries to quickhammer today, they're practically throwing the game away. So it's much less of a concern.

Dsilv87 wrote:Last night I was against a double no lynch, but I'd like to know how certain, 1-10 scale, each person is of the person they would vote for this day phase. Me? I'm a 6.5 on who I would vote for...

I try to avoid dealing in certainties when possible. So, not a 10. Never a 10 until someone is dead and their role card flipped. But, that really goes without saying. In the case of TNS, I think I hover at around a 6 or 7 currently. To clarify, everybody else I would currently give a lower number, except perhaps Eyesack (and like I said before, I'm refraining from voting on him today since he might actually be a Bodyguard). L9O in particular just dropped down quite a bit in how confident I would be if we were lynching him, because...

Like9Orphans wrote:To address your general question of the double no lynching, thinking over it more carefully I see that it is a flawed plan because of the fact that it takes away power from us  as the town.  By not voting we waste an opportunity to lynch correctly versus not lynching at all. 2 chances are better than 1 even if there are more townies for the final vote.

If you're the scum player, L9O, congrats! You've successfully pulled the wool over my eyes and won me over. Yes, double No Lynch IS a bad idea right now, for exactly the reason you say. We may end up at a 2-1 town-scum ratio regardless of whether we No Lynch today and tomorrow or mislynch today, but in the first end game scenario the scum has 100% control of who dies between now and then and will not possibly choose themselves, whereas in the latter scenario the town chooses who dies today and might be able to get the remaining scum- if not, we have a second chance tomorrow.

The Mafia would never admit to this in a game situation like this, especially when I provided myself as an easy scapegoat for them to dupe the blame on if someone questions the idea tomorrow. They certainly wouldn't have done so while explaining why it's a bad idea, making a honest effort to push to town away from a strategy that benefits them.
avatar
Ghosty
Admin

Join date : 2017-06-19

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Ghosty on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Oh, and just to clarify: yes, wanting to see how people would react to the idea of a double No Lynch is the whole reason why I brought it up.
avatar
Ghosty
Admin

Join date : 2017-06-19

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Hans Gruber on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:13 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT
TotallyNotSuspicious: 1 (Ghosty)

The deadline is in 6 hours or so, drawing closer by the second.
avatar
Hans Gruber

Join date : 2017-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Dsilv87 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Dang, Ghosty, you are hammering me here. Let me just say that not all questions/comments are to achieve the obvious answer or reply. I've agreed with your suspicion since you posted it last week, but wanted to get the most out of the other players. If we didn't drag it out then it would be a quick vote, I feel, and I'm still not 100% certain.

Vote to Lynch: TotallyNotSuspicious
avatar
Dsilv87

Join date : 2017-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum