Mafia 2: Cage Match

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Dsilv87 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Well, zero votes on Eyesack. You guys could have all answered my question as: "I, ______, am sure Eyesack is not the mafia."

L9, looks like it's up to you.

Ghosty, Eyesack's unofficial/official lunch/lynch vote already had the game tied.
Dsilv87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:32 pm

POST YOU OVERFLOWING CAN OF GARBAGE

Official Vote Count:
DSilv87: 1(Ghosty)
Ghosty: 2 (DSilv87, eyesack)
Not Voting: 1 (Like9orphans)

30 minutes remain. I hope this site doesn't decide to crash.

EDIT: Never mind, the trash is my home now. GG, no re.

Last edited by Hans Gruber on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Vote to lynch: Ghosty
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Ghosty has been lynched. He was Rayford Steele (Left Behind), Vanilla Town.

Flavor to follow.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:43 pm

Eyesack had previously removed his vote, but that's not the point.

More relevantly, I am currently up to lynch. I'm not sure there's anything else I can say at this point to defend myself, though I certainly open the door to any questions people would like to ask in this final hour.

But I will bring up the fact that Eyesack, when presented with an option to end the game voting for either me or Dsilv, has chosen to vote for me. And that's kind of odd, considering Eyesack has made it sound like he thinks I'm less scummy than Dsilv over the last few days. Previously when I asked him during Day 5 who he thought was most helpful to the town, he said it was me. Earlier during this day phase, he told Dsilv that me providing an explanation of the previous night phase wasn't suspicious of me. He also said he protected me last night.

If he thinks I'm less suspicious than Dsilv, why has he voted for me to end the game instead of for Dsilv?
Ghosty
Admin

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 pm

The post above is entirely pointless, seems like. I got the system message saying more posts had happened while I was typing, but I submitted it anyway without looking at them because I didn't think there was enough time left for me to do so if I wanted my post to be seen before the game ends. Oh, how silly.
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Nicolas Cage closed his eyes. He tried his best, he had no regrets. It was a damn shame that he wouldn't live to see the Apocalypse, though. And ultimately, he couldn't find the monster who killed his fellow Cages. But that's just how the story unfolds.
------------
"Yeah, we got him!" Nicolas high-fived Nicolas. "Congratulations Nick!...Nick?" It was then, too late, that they noticed their last Cage had left the building, and that their building was covered with either explosives or alarm clocks.
----------------
Time to go fast, Nicolas Cage thought to himself, as he hotwired Nicolas Cage's car, with his own car sitting only feet away. He could take that one, but eh. He had managed to pull off the plan the three of them had hatched earlier, but it had cost his teammates their lives. As the building that had housed so many murders went up in a massive explosion, all he felt was the mother of all adrenaline rushes. Who needs friends, anyway? He stopped at a gas station, bought a 40 oz. malt liquor, and poured it out in their memory. The future is mine, baby, he thought to himself. Surely it was bound to be full of high-quality movies.
----------
DSilv and Eyesack have been endgamed. Congratulations to Like9orphans, Otaku1889, and Arc for their victory. My thoughts on this game to follow.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dsilv87 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Sigh, good game. It was fun. Ghosty, sorry I doubted you. Like9, you sneaky scum. I had it! Andy then I lost it. The opposite of many Cage movies
Dsilv87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 am

That's a shame. Oh well, the game really was out of my hands there at the end, so I guess it couldn't be helped. GG to all, everybody did alright except for the parts where they sucked. Legit props to L9O for pretty much clearing himself in my eyes by not pursing the double No Lynch I dangled in front of him.

Really interested in hearing the closing thoughts about this game, and afterward we need to have a vote to determine this game's MVP.

P.S.: To Dsilv87 and Green Machine, I would like to inform you that your predictions that I would be smug scum after the game ends were half right. I'm still smug, because I told you all I was town. Well, not that I've got room to talk- I was wrong about the scum too.
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:05 am

Also, I can't wait for Hans to buy everyone sushi like he promised.
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am

Right? Good game guys seriously. This fucking thing is exhausting. I felt like I was in the hot seat the entire game. Ghosty and GM you had some very excellent detective work and have really shown me how to play a good town. Dsilv and Eyesack had me so on edge when they voted for me I had no idea what to do when I read them right away. Ugh... Nihil sorry you didn't get to actually play and KSS you defiantly made the first day enjoyable and interesting. PR we got so lucky picking you to kill during the night. We killed you for other reasons than we thought you might be the vig so props. TNS I understand you were pretty busy and really only played because I asked you to so thanks a lot dude it meant a lot and I hope you had fun with it. Now the big boy's themselves Otaku, Arc you guys made this game. Arc your leadership and handling pressure so well helped rub off on me when I was alone man. It was dark without you too. I will miss our short time together as teammates. Otaku I'm sorry I screwed up that role call. That was a bad call on my part in terms of not knowing how to handle the question, you never got mad at my stupid plans either which is very helpful. Just excellent chemistry here guys. Lol I'm going to sleep and I can't wait for the next one.
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am

Also sushi. Yes.
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:39 am

First of all, the setup problems. I really detest the lynch rules I set forth in this game. I thought about changing them halfway through, and then decided that executive meddling like that has never worked out at anything, ever. As far as role balance was concerned, there was one gigantic, glaring problem that should never have been present, but fortunately it didn't come up. You see, Like9Orphans was "Memphis" Raines, Mafia Tough Guy. This meant he was immune to PurpleRam's ability, which is completely unacceptable. Now, she never used her one-shot kill, so that was fortunate. Even so, having one-third of the Mafia be immune to one of the town's best weapons is terrible, and I apologize for that oversight. I wanted a Mafia member that wasn't a goon for variety's sake, and I thought that might be a decent idea because it was unlikely to tilt the game that heavily. I also made PurpleRam's power not consume its use if it fails to kill the target as a sort of counterbalance to this, but that was all just a stupid idea.
I'll be posting my thoughts on everyone's individual performances later, with some suggestions for improvements, but first I'll discuss the game from a god's eye perspective and how each faction did in aggregate.
First of all, Day 1 was an absolute disaster for the town. There's basically no reason every single person voting on Day 1 should be voting for the same person, especially if that person is town. Looking back on who voted where on Day 1 is perhaps the single most useful information source the town has, when you have the knowledge gleaned from later days to provide some context. In this case, there was absolutely no information to look back on. In fact, there was only one mafia member voting, and he was at the very start of the wagon. That costed the town tremendously, even when not factoring in the death of a power role on Day 1, which should also basically never happen. Night 1 went a lot better thanks to the cop result of Green Machine, however, and the game would end up tightening considerably from the blowout I had been assuming was coming.
Town play tightened up on later days, after KevinSafeSpacey's death. Pure coincidence. I think the general feeling from the player's perspective was that day 2 was a slog, only helped along by Green Machine's ace detective skills. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got from afar. That being said, I actually think it was a solid day for the town all around. I think it was around this time that Otaku1889 started really looking appealing as a lynch target, and even without the cop result, the pressure was starting to build on Arc.
Day 3 featured Green Machine and RedBeard teaming up to put pressure on Otaku1889, forcing a claim out of him. That claim was botched, to say the least, but I'll cover that more later. This was probably the best day the town had, and also probably the weakest from L9O, mainly due to inactivity. If he was going to be caught, this would have been the day to look back on, and I'm somewhat disappointed that nobody looked back on the day where scum was lynched with no cop result, to see how everyone was acting before the "claim". That being said, such reviews often boil down to WIFOM anyway, so that may have been for the best.
Day 4 was the point where I began the autistic screeching. This is where the town, high on confidence after eliminating scum back-to-back, got cocky, and in my mind, punted the game. I abide very closely to this saying: "After a victory, tighten your helmet." I vehemently disagree with both the decision to mass claim and the no lynch. From an objective standpoint, my opposition to no-lynch didn't hold up, but my opposition to the mass claim absolutely did. I find mass claiming to be an absolutely last-ditch option, and furthermore, doing it after you kill a rolecop and you know he got to use his ability twice is incomprehensible. As it turns out, the claim let Orphans know for sure that there was no cop, as of the claimed vanilla townies other than himself, two of them had been rolecopped, and TNS helpfully offered himself as a lynch option, eliminating the possibility of the town having a liar in a power role. So L9O was able to pick off whomever he chose without having to take stabs in the dark to find any lurking power roles. I also oppose no-lynching until absolutely necessary for the same reason. And, to really hammer home how hard I was screeching, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER assume there's a cop in the game. It is, bar none, the best role in Mafia, so for it to be present should never be taken for granted. Especially considering that Miller is one of the most popular red herrings in the game. And, as an extension, for God's sake, do not make lynching plans based on the existence of any unclaimed power roles. You're asking for disaster. Night 4 cemented L9O's victory, following what may have been the worst use of a power role I've ever seen, as Eyesack protected his number 1 scumspect.
Day 5 was a necessary evil. There was basically no way TNS was making it out of the game alive. I thought at first that he had done a good job clearing himself, but upon looking back, scum could very well act in the same way following his shift in play style. So he had to be lynched. Not much else to say.
By day 6, I was almost certain of a scum victory. Eyesack made me doubt that, but briefly. I don't even think Orphans needed to skip the night kill, as I'm fairly certain he could win in any configuration of surviving players.
As far as MVPs go, there is no discussion here. Orphans gets MVP for the second game running. Green Machine gets the Town MVP. Anyone that dissents will be slapped with sushi that I'm not paying for. You can debate which of the two played better. I'm going with Orphans anyway, but regardless, the MVP goes to the person on the winning side when in doubt.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:41 am

Also let me say, massive thanks to both Eyesack and DSilv for replacing in. Eyesack didn't really want to and I had to browbeat him, so thanks for sticking it out. DSilv had the misfortune of starting his first ever game halfway through, which is very rough to say the least, so thanks to you as well for slogging through all of those posts.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:34 am

Hans Gruber wrote:As far as MVPs go, there is no discussion here. Orphans gets MVP for the second game running. Green Machine gets the Town MVP. Anyone that dissents will be slapped with sushi that I'm not paying for. You can debate which of the two played better. I'm going with Orphans anyway, but regardless, the MVP goes to the person on the winning side when in doubt.

Yeah, those are where my votes would go too. Not sure if we should have separate MVP categories for scum and town, but if not I think I have to give it to L9O over Green Machine.

Aside from that, yeah, the mass role claim was a terrible idea and I regretted doing it after the fact, but it was too late at that point. I went along with it partially because Otaku had already called my role out and partially because I wanted the town to have something to discuss. But ultimately, it was still a terrible idea. Though, I am pleased to know that, in the end, I WAS correct about there not being a Cop in the set-up.

If there's one thing I'd like to ask about here in the end, it would be the Mafia's logic behind killing Nihil on Night 1. I still think it was a bad choice.
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:04 am

I had a lot of fun stirring the pot on day one. The only thing I hope we take from this is that we should post slightly more especially day one. There was nothing to go on besides Otaku being fairly scummy(which it was a big nod but I think I was playing to aggressive for most to notice) myself shouting randomly while Ram did her best to defend herself from the finger pointing. Good game, I'm looking forward to the next one.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:13 am

Now for my thoughts on each individual player, and how I think they could improve their game. I tried to make these as generic as possible, so anyone who wants to improve their game can read what I thought were mistakes in a variety of roles. Unfortunately, I am not very experienced at playing as scum, so my advice there may not be very useful. Think of this as a job evaluation. I assure you, the car battery and alligator clamps are only there for show.

Arc:
The post you made that most pinged my scumdar was your initial vote on KSS and your reaction to his behavior. I think you oversold it. Also, your posts later with regards to KSS's possible innocence was inconsistent with somebody who had previously seemed quite certain that he was scum. So that felt very artificial to me. As far as being town leader as scum, I wouldn't recommend doing it on day 1. I think if you wait on it, it's easier to fabricate behavior, because you have a bit more objective material to comment on. On day 1, it's almost all subjective, which means you have to fake your reactions a bit harder. Overall, decent, but could use some sharpening.
Green Machine:
If I were you, I would be pretty salty about losing this game, as you played excellently. But it is what it is. Most of what I would suggest to you, I covered in my day-by-day analysis. I.E. Never assume you have a specific power role, don't no lynch before it is absolutely necessary, mass claims are bad, and so forth. Your reads and analysis were otherwise top-notch, so I don't have much of anything to comment on there. Keep doing that, and you'll be good to go. Unfortunately, as the de facto leader of the town, I have to dock you points for the decisions made on day 4. Overall, I rate 9/11.
PurpleRam:
The mistakes you made are all very common among newer players. The main thing I'd like to point out is your play on day 2. It looked to me like you were running scared after being wrong about KSS on day 1. The important thing to remember is, everybody is wrong sometimes. Even if you were the main proponent of getting a townie lynched, mistakes happen. You have to get back in the action, though, as every townie that stays quiet means the scum have louder voices to misdirect the good guys. Also, I think I would have shot night 1. Doesn't really matter at who, as I think everyone except Green Machine was a halfway valid target at that point. The point is, you want a confirmable action on record, because if a wagon forms on you, you can simply claim your actions and avoid letting the town mislynch again. Now, that advice wouldn't have changed things in this game, as nobody really thought you were scum, so take it with a grain of salt. One last point to bring up is to be very careful what you say when you're a power role, as you dropped enough subtle hints that scum, and Orphans in particular, were able to make an educated guess as to your role without needing to rolecop you. This is all very complicated, and that's partly because Vigilante is the toughest role in the game to be. Overall, I'd have to say you kind of had a rough game, but you should be full of good experience now.
Redbeard:
Overall, I would say you had a decent game. But you really showed off some good potential here, so I'm going to try my best to help you refine it. The hardest part of being town is reading people. All the logical arguments in the world don't get you anywhere if you can't tell who your friends and foes are. And in that regard, you did very well, helping to put pressure on Otaku, for example. So my primary advice for you is the standard feel-good nonsense of "believe in yourself", but I assure you, it's legitimate here. It looked to me like you were scared to take charge and throw a vote down, possibly as a result of your untimely doom in game 1. But it's important to realize that what got you lynched in game 1 wasn't an aggressive vote, but rather, an opportunistic vote. The main flaw I saw in your game this round was a tendency to back what other people are saying, rather than putting your neck out yourself. Unfortunately, in Mafia and in life, you'll occasionally find situations where everyone else is wrong. In those situations, it's even more important that you raise your voice and take charge, because nobody else is going to. In conclusion, follow your instincts. They'll take you far.
Ghosty:
Your reluctance to vote really puzzled me, and I think it was one of the driving factors in your mislynch, especially when you broke from your established record to throw out an aggressive vote on TNS. From my bird's eye view, it really stood out as odd, though not necessarily scummy. Furthermore, in your post about what role you would like to play, you stated that you enjoyed being vanilla town, because you still have the town's most important weapon, which is a vote. That also clashed with your lack of any sort of voting for the first 3 days, and when taken together with your day 4 vote, really made you look like a scum player trying to keep your head down, then switching gears after all your teammates were dead. Overall, I would say you had a mediocre game, but you didn't do anything absurdly detrimental like KSS for example.
DSilv87:
Your entry was very good. Replacing in halfway through the game is rough, but you handled it splendidly. The main thing I would caution you about is picking too many targets. By the time Day 6 rolled around, you had basically insinuated that you thought everyone in the game was scummy, which gives the impression that you don't care who gets lynched as long as it's not you. A common place for the Mafia to be in. Putting pressure on to gauge reactions is fine- I do it all the time- but keep your fire a bit more limited in scope or you may find yourself in a mislynch situation. I probably would have been going for you if I had been in the game Day 6. As far as reads, you were the first person to suspect L9O, and you picked the right post as evidence. Unfortunately, L9O was playing an exceptional game, so he slipped away. Such is life. Now this review may sound very negative, but overall, you had at least a decent game, and realistically a pretty good one. Not bad for your first time. But I think you have a lot of potential, so I'm not satisfied with "pretty good". I demand elite performances in the future.
Like9orphans:
Congratulations again for a 9.5/10 performance. Really exemplary stuff. This is the kind of game you should hang your hat on. That being said, I found two points to nitpick. The first is bussing, the art of letting your teammates die so that you may live. You came dangerously close to getting Process of Elimination'd to death, but if you had pursued Otaku when it was obvious he was going down in flames, you would have been able to coast to victory even if the night kill had been blocked at some point. Your weakest post in the game was the one DSilv pointed out, the one where you discussed the merits of a mass claim. He fortunately wasn't able to explain why it was a weak post, but it stuck out massively to me as well. It felt very scripted, and I didn't believe you when you said you were mulling over the decision. I think you should have just left that part out and went on with your claim. Despite these two points, well played. Deserving victory, deserving MVP.
Otaku1889:
I'm not going to sugarcoat it. You had a weak game. It happens. Playing Mafia on a forum is quite a bit different than playing in real life. IRL, if you are gifted with good acting skills, you can avoid having to say much and rely on your body language to carry the day. On a forum, it's different. You have to take some risks and try to appear as a member of the town, which was ultimately your downfall, as you spent the first two days posting nothing of substance. Also your claim was awful, which is to be expected, as that is one of the hardest skills to learn as a Mafioso. What you want in a fakeclaim is something that is as close to your real role as possible, that will either go without being counterclaimed, or will if nothing else out a powerful role in the process. In your shoes, I would have gone with Flavor Cop. I doubt anyone would have believed it, as you were in quite deep already, but that would have been a role you could have provided evidence for while not looking too suspicious. That being said, your timing for the fake claim was excellent. You showed good understanding of the flow of the game, and you were able to influence discussion without being immediately lynched for your insolence. All of these are rare skills that can't really be learned, so you have a foundation to work on. Get down in the thick of things and get your hands dirty, and you'll see great improvement next time around.
Nihil:
Try not to die Night 1, scrublord :^)
TotallyNotSuspicious:
Unfortunately, I can't think of much to comment on. You clearly shifted play shortly before you died to a more natural state, but you were in so deep your lynching was basically inevitable. Your posts were well reasoned, so it's not like you have nothing to go off of. Be like you were late game, not like you were early game.
KevinSafeSpacey:
For the love of God, if you're going to do the shitflinging thing, don't do it while you're a power role. And if you find yourself staring down a bandwagon, you could at least try to defend yourself rather than standing their smugly looking down on the ignorant masses as they make a mistake you helped facilitate. Your reads were just plain wrong. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
eyesack:
Your protection targets were bad, and you should feel bad. As far as your posts, they weren't half bad. They were wrong, but you can hardly be faulted for that, as Orphans was playing excellently and your teammates were looking suspiciously like scum. You showed strong logical reasoning, and were fairly persuasive in your arguments. Unfortunately, you outthought yourself, and reasoned defeat from the jaws of victory. Sometimes, it is as obvious as it appears to be.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 am

Hans Gruber wrote:
Your reluctance to vote really puzzled me, and I think it was one of the driving factors in your mislynch, especially when you broke from your established record to throw out an aggressive vote on TNS. From my bird's eye view, it really stood out as odd, though not necessarily scummy. Furthermore, in your post about what role you would like to play, you stated that you enjoyed being vanilla town, because you still have the town's most important weapon, which is a vote. That also clashed with your lack of any sort of voting for the first 3 days, and when taken together with your day 4 vote, really made you look like a scum player trying to keep your head down, then switching gears after all your teammates were dead. Overall, I would say you had a mediocre game, but you didn't do anything absurdly detrimental like KSS for example.

I can't really say that you're wrong, but I feel like I had a justification for switching gears at the time I did. Everything I said in the game was honest, and I really did move to take a more active role as far as voting and trying to push the town because GM died and somebody had to. Unfortunately, fatigue for the game started setting in around that time, and I had an increasingly harder time motivating myself to participate. Hopefully next time, I won't let my team down.

I'm probably being harder on myself than I need to be, but I think I did pretty badly in this game all things considered. My reads were entirely wrong, I didn't pay enough attention to previous days, and I went along with things I should have known from experience are bad ideas. I could try to call that rust from not having played a game of Mafia in years, but some of the players who were entirely new to the game still outperformed me. The high point in the game for me was probably in pointing out that the town needed to examine its leaders, but since GM had investigated Arc anyway, it was a redundant move in the long run.

I also can't help but recall the time when I dug back in the posts to try and make sense of the hints left by Otaku and Arc when they died, and DID actually come to the conclusion that Arc was probably implying L9O to be scum... but then did nothing with that information, not even post it, because I wrote it off as too flimsy to warrant bringing up and not feeling comfortable with trusting a scum player's final "clues". I don't think it would have been reasonable for me to try and move forward with that information in those circumstances, but it's a shame that I had found the right answer and then ignored it.

On the other hand, I'm pleased that I was correct about Raptor-Senpai/Dsilv87 being town. I was extremely confident in that at first, although I started to waver as the game went on because a lot of what Dsilv was doing felt off, especially in how he seemed to bounce around on targets.

Also, thank you for running this game. Win or lose, it was still fun. If you don't mind, could you elaborate a bit more on how you built up to the set up that was eventually settled on?
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:25 am

I started designing this setup with two goals in mind. I wanted all roles that weren't in game 1, and I wanted to keep the game from being too swingy. Since I also wanted a vigilante, that seemed difficult, but I eventually settled on the old JoaT plus watered-down power roles setup, as those weak roles weren't present in game 1. It was sort of interesting that the game ended up being very nearly unpowered Mafia, as the only relevant use of a town power role was night 1. I had no idea if the setup was balanced, and after seeing it in action, I'm still not sure. Other than the Tough Guy, that was obviously terrible.
I did three things in this setup that were a bit unorthodox. I mentioned that PurpleRam's ability could only kill one person, but if it failed, it could be used again. Green Machine's doctor protect was actually much stronger than a normal doctor, as it could protect against multiple kills as well as keep the Bodyguard from dying from his own ability. Finally, RedBeard's miller would show him targeting the Mafia night kill if he was tracked. I couldn't think of how to word it in his role pm without making the existence of a tracker obvious, so I just said to hell with it, it gets the point across.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:15 am

My "Hints" was actually pointing at Otaku I do believe, but I'm having trouble finding the post that I was referring to in my magnificent bastard post, which is btw, my favorite post in a mafia game, you all should try it next time you are all caught red handed.

As for the Nihil night kill, that was all me. I saw we had a bulletproof teammate and was SURE that we had a vig, and not just a 1 shot vig, a full vig. in a game with this many players, I was also quite sure that they would be firing into the pit of players who were either inactive or playing like crap, so I wanted to aim our nightkill at a similar target so the two kills were pretty indistinguishable for the town, and would remove information. Also, I rarely advocate shooting at a town leader day 1, you're very likely to run into some sort of doctor protection, and if you do, you've just given the town information and screwed yourself. I find it best to sow chaos night 1 and then start shooting at important people after that.

Nihil in particular was because out of all the players in the game, I thought he had the best chance to figure out my blatant lies in front of the town, so he needed to go, in addition to meeting my previous criteria of being completely inactive at the time(I don't blame him moving to virginia from missouri, rough time to be town in a mafia game), so he was the perfect target. On top of that, the entire town basically saying that he would be a good scum partner meant that if any kill could get confused for a vig kill, that would be a fairly likely one.

This was for two purposes, to sow the aforementioned Chaos into the thread, I was hoping someone would throw out the theory that Nihil was the vig kill and whoever else that got axed by the real vig would be considered the mafia kill, causing the town to chase down false information for half of the game, and then whoever got PARTICULARLY defensive over the situation arguing against that, would probably be the vig trying to get the town back on track without claiming, at which point off goes their head.

Unfortunately the reality of the matter is that there was only a 1 shot vig in the game, and she didn't shoot, so I thought my choice would be considered very odd, and give everyone a bit of confusion before they moved on with their lives and started looking after more substantial clues in the game. Luckily for me, Ghosty made an absolutely terrible play, and suggested that exactly what I wanted people to think was what had actually happened. That was like getting a slam dunk, I was CERTAIN he would be lynched the moment I would have been found, which I was assuming would happen eventually, you don't play town leader as scum and make it out of the game very often, you're just hoping to do enough damage that the town never recovers.

Then Goddammit Green, that cop I feel was a terrible play that got really lucky there. I have played with KSS in real life, and know him quite well, as soon as he started that smug bullshit I knew there was absolutely no way he was going to defend himself from the lynch, he does this all of the time, I HATE THAT, so I stepped out of my way for a second, and say, "Hey, if you're telling the truth, defend yourself before the lynch, here is a list of ways you could defend yourself if you want, if you don't want to do that, then die scum", because fuck man, playing with a dude that underminds his own faction when he gets annoyed with something is bullshit and I wanted him to play like town AT ALL before he died, but nope, he refused that.

Also, your read on my posts is also taking away all the context from the situation which was important, last game you were vanilla town, and you played roughly the same from that game to this game, so that gives you a lot of points being a similar role, some sort of townie, and then when you compare this game to the last in terms of how scummy the town was, This town was scummy as all hell, and I called most of them out in post you were pointing at for your read, so, when I said you and Ghosty were the most town by far, that is entirely contextual, and only because the town was playing like ass and not so much that I thought your play had improved considerably.

Also, I do think that Green is most of the reason the town floundered and lost there, his assumptions about the game threw the town into such a chaotic mess, and his plans were just awful. Which is a giant shame, because his posting went from about the quality he had last game to WAY better in a really short time. He knew how to take his confirmed town power role and leverage it in a way that would lead the town in a positive direction, and he made excellent reasoning in most of his actions until the last couple days where he started proposing the ideas that are unfortunately newbie traps. Excellent game overall, but I do believe this game was lost by your hands, sorry to be frank there.

Like9Orphans, Good showing, you did way better than I both thought you would, and beat my performance. My only complaint with your play is the unfortunate timing of you coming back to missouri was also the time most critical for you sealing yourself as town in everyone's eyes, a completely reasonable thing, and unavoidable, so no real complaints. I would give you advice though, on the Mass Claim, I probably would have claimed your bulletproof there, because with a 1 shot vig having a bulletproof town would have been a reasonable thing to include to make sure the vig has a smaller chance of killing the wrong team, and considering Green was CERTAIN that there was basically no vanilla roles in the entire game, especially when you know there are at least 2 left, would have pulled a lot of the suspicion off of you. I understand your reasoning on that though, the last claim by a scum member was almost the textbook definition of Self Immolation, so being apprehensive about making a fake claim is completely understandable.

Otaku, You could have made it out of that, but that would have required you to be more active, noting your mistake as soon as you had made it, and before the wheels had advanced too far for you to get out of the situation, and required you to provide either more or less information that you had already given. If you had provided Ghosty's name, it would have either given you a bit of leeway when he confirmed it that perhaps you were telling the truth, and in the very likely scenario where it doesn't clear you, would have further cemented Ghosty as someone who is suspicious. Not a bad game, but you can clearly do better.

Ghosty, Me and Hans made bets about how long it would take for the town to kill you, we both thought going into night 2 that Purple was going to off you, then on further nights Hans was sure you were dead by the hands of a noose, and I had said at this point you were basically untouchable because they had skirted over all of the suspicious behavior you had been doing, and ignored all my attempts in throwing guilt onto you. My Hints were also designed to insinuate you were mafia, because you know, trying to get a town member aerated is something you should do as mafia, and you should never put too much credence on what a confirmed scum is saying.

Lastly, a moment of Magnificent bastard posts, they do quite a good job of completely destroying any decent chance to conversation for the rest of that day don't they?
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:14 pm

I may offer more thoughts later, but first let me assure you all that I am a man of my word.

Hans...

Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:21 pm

The answer was right in front of you all along. KevinSafeSpacey, Town Tracker. But you looked away. Don't call it a grave. It's the future you chose.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:17 pm

I enjoyed the outcome and it was hilarious how it all ended up. Be mad, it makes me happy lol.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dsilv87 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Hans, I appreciate the feedback. Yes, it was tough jumping in the middle of the game. However, what made it more difficult is only knowing two of the players in real life. When I suspected L9, both Green and Ghosty were adamant in defending him and I took it as a hint that his behavior was in line with playing as town.

You are right about targeting too many players. I think I only targeted L9 and Ghosty, but I did lay it on heavy. Especially when I laid the suspicion down on L9, then just voted for TNS out of nowhere. This was actually a game rule misunderstanding. I thought we needed to get to the four votes and I didn't want a no lynch. Since TNS was one of the two I suspected, and Ghosty would not flip to L9, I was fine moving my vote. However, in retrospect, it looked super scummy.

Arc, I think you are right on Green's assumption about having a cop. I tried to argue the point several times, but the more we discussed the more it made sense we had a cop. But it's also like I said...at some point, you have to make a game plan and stick with it. Unfortunately, we based all moves on that assumption. Had Eyesack protected GM, we would have had a much better shot, even without the cop role, of finding the scum.

The other point I wanted to elaborate on was not using the mid-game switch as a statement of "this clearly makes me town!!" During that last lynch, it was all I could do to say "Neither me or Eyesack is scum because we jumped in halfway and nobody would leave the game if they were mafia." On that note, does that ever happen? Someone bailing on the game despite being mafia?

Still disappointed in pushing to lynch Ghosty. Dammit!

L9...question for you. Had we not lynched or tied, was there ever going to be a chance that you would have executed a night kill or was it always going to be passing?
Dsilv87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:02 pm

If it was a tie I would have done the same but if I had not I probably would have leaned on killing eyesack for the simple matter of the least suspicion was being cast on him as a power role. You were pretty adamant against Ghosty or myself, ghosty was more interested in you and by that time I made my change of suspicion to you. He was just an extra at that point other than a possible vote to throw down on either you or Ghosty.

Eyesack why did you end by voting to lynch ghosty? It didn't seem to make sense. My guess is that you were tired of the game and wanted it to end?
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top