Mafia 2: Cage Match

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 pm

The first scum flag is completely masked. Ram decided to say that they would enjoy being the bad guy silently picking everyone off. The second flag was the (in my opinion) fake explanation of bandwagoning the vote on someone to incite the scum to vote on someone. This instantly reveals scum. Then as soon as I named Ram, she went defensive and couldn't really explain herself out of the situation. Alk's reaction was particularly peculiar once I hit the same trial he did. So this confirmed, in my eyes, the culprit in this murder.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Lets all just pretend I spelled everything correctly. My phone really doesn't agree with this forum.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Ok let's try a small text dump. So first to answer GM' s question. I would ask for nihil and GM. While not the most experienced players here they learn the meta fast and are really quick to pick up winning strategies within 1 or 2 games of anything. GM is really good at comunicating and working on a team, while nihil is the closest to a behind the scenes mastermind that can really hide in the shadows and give out just enough information to make you think like he is on the town side while looking for the people to strike. As for Ghosty I would answer his question of my thoughts on his post as such.
I think you are right on the money about GM and Arc. Thus far all of their plays have been very townie GM is aggressive for information and Arc is trying to address random accusations to play out a more thought provoking game versus a low posting and low information game.

I am more interested in PR namely because of these new posts that seem very very aggressive. More so than usual however this could be easily due to inexperience and personality. She does tend to be more careful in my experience when she has more to lose like if she were say scum or a role of power. This is just speculation as the meta of this game is less existent than most anything else I have ever tried because of the free form nature of it.

As for the addressing of raptor senpai, redbeard, TNS, KSS, Otaku, and Alkerice I also believe that there is sound reasoning in the inactivity or scumminess of each respective player according to Ghosty and Arc. I am however I resent to make accusations now that I saw how well I did with that last game almost getting axed off in the first game first day for my voting patterns I am leaning heavily on KSS because of his posts about trying to accuse people without any sound reasoning but that very well could be a new player playing poorly as most of us are prone to do it seems.

I am a bit skeptical of Nihil though and the reason is the very same for why I would want to be on a team with him. He is the kind of person that picks up on the meta of a game quickly and is intellengent in play limiting info while seeming to fall into the background. I do have knowledge of his prior online rps where it is a religion for him to make posts daily as is required for the RP. However my knowledge of his current schedule is that he is in a similar boat to myself. I am leery of him but have nothing more to go on than his personality so in the end am grasping at strings.

To answer arcs question I can't honestly say I can decipher a scummy post. It is really all just an educated guess based off of personality and how perceptions of people come Into play. However if I were to give more to it I would argue it comes down to timing. If a player is very talkative but suddenly very quiet for a while it is suspicious. If a player is suddenly very quiet that is suspicious. Post timing and changes in it are the biggest indicators I can think of personally but then again this kind of game is probably against my personality. If there are more thoughts of my post please ask me but what I think the main objective here is deciding if we have scum in our midst with our 2 front runners or if we are looking for more information. Our time grows shorter and shorter. As I mentioned I am leaning towards KSS but can't put my vote behind him as there is a lot of non players or lack of information to successfully convict either PR or KSS.
Like9Orphans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TotallyNotSuspicious on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Whoa, go away for a couple of days and the number of posts doubles.

I'm liking the strategic thinking here, fun to watch.
TotallyNotSuspicious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:39 pm

I just prodded Raptor-Senpai, letting him know to post. Since I can only do that via pm, it would be very helpful if someone who has his contact information can bug him, as 48 hours remain until the deadline and he has posted nothing.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:20 pm

Raptor-Senpai has said one thing since role confirmation, and it was a retaliation for my random vote. TotallyNotSuspicious has three posts, none of which really say a damned thing. KevinSafeSpacey's post where he accepts his fate is the most town looking post I've seen from him; I'd expect scum to be flailing around like a drowning man looking for a life preserver, but instead he seems to be waiting cooly to shout "I told you so!" from the afterlife.

I'm keeping my vote where it is for now, but things just don't smell right to me.
Green Machine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 pm

[quote="KevinSafeSpacey"]The first scum flag is completely masked. Ram decided to say that they would enjoy being the bad guy silently picking everyone off. The second flag was the (in my opinion) fake explanation of bandwagoning the vote on someone to incite the scum to vote on someone. This instantly reveals scum. Then as soon as I named Ram, she went defensive and couldn't really explain herself out of the situation. Alk's reaction was particularly peculiar once I hit the same trial he did. So this confirmed, in my eyes, the culprit in this murder. [/quote]

There's nothing to defend. If my honesty offends you, that's your problem. You were acting fairly scummy. Voting to lynch has a way of bringing some things to light. I enjoy a challenge and would find it as such if I were mafia. Make me a martyr. Don't care. Still don't like you.

It was not a fake bandwagon jump. From my experience, which is one game, the bandwagon is sometimes useful. It created discussion. That's what we need. I made a new bandwagon that some have jumped on. I might be looking at them now. There still isn't enough info to go on. So, I'm keeping my vote. Flip-flopping too much looks fairly scummy too.
PurpleRam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 pm

Never tried to quote before. Guess it didn't work like I wanted but I think you know what I meant.
PurpleRam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:48 am

Like9, in my defense I see plenty of information to suspect scum. Whether you see no evidence isn't very relevant to the current state of things if you don't provide counter information or insight. You stated yourself that PurpleRam does seem scummy so where would my wrecklessness have originated from if not from the same suspicion? You may say I'm being the random accuser but the situation called for a person to do things that way in order to gain necessary intel. I backed off and then smelled a heaping pile of scum. Call me excitable but I feel like I'm on to something here.

TNS, you, Nihil and raptor have provided hardly anyinput for the most part. You may find the posts fun and strategic but you haven't identified which you thought were and why. We need all the help we can get to put the scum to justice. Pick up your pack and fight the good fight. I sense you to be town more than others and we need folks like you to give input.

PurpleRam, a likely story. I too tried to create discussion. It may have started aggressive but I toned down the gungo-ho charge. By nature I am always aggressive in situations such as this. Those who have the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action. I don't think you'd be the martyr. In the event of your lynching I would be unspeakably surprised if you weren't allies with the scum.

Arc, you have gone dead silent and while it doesn't make me suspect foul play, I believe you have a theory or opinion brewing from these newest events. Take up arms, brother! We have no time to flounder and speculate.

Green Machine, I wouldn't need to shout "I told you so" from the after-life. As soon as I'm lynched the truth will be revealed. Unless you count that as an allegorical shout?

Ghosty, you are level headed and I think you are being defensive and strategic not only because you are town, but I think you may have my desired role of Doctor here. I do find your method interesting and it's probably the most reasonable approach taken during the course of this week. I do understand that given your current(suspected)role you should wait until your mind is made up in order to bring a sense of rationality to the murder. But darkness is fast approaching and we will face great perils before victory is achieved.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 am

You've mentioned before that you were the doctor. You either are the doctor and have just given the scum a free kill, or you're lying to avoid the noose. Seems pretty stupid to put a target on yourself like that.
PurpleRam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:32 am

If you're right that Ghosty is the doctor, again, you've given a free kill to scum. Not sure what to believe from you at this point.
PurpleRam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:30 am

I said, I'd like to be doctor. I'm certainly not the doctor. I'm also just assuming Ghosty's role. Obviously it's all opinion. Lastly, I don't really care if I avoid the noose. Don't worry, you're scum. You are only suppose to kill me softly. There's no believing involved.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:29 pm

Going to agree with PR on this, KSS, even if I still find her suspicious. There's no point in speculating who the doctor is, and doing so would be detrimental for the town.
Otaku1889

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:59 pm

You two fcusing on such a small and unimportant part of that large brick is chaffing my carot. I was rallying Ghosty.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBeard on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Geez I'm gone for a bit, and bam! Block O' Text appears haha.

After reading the items that have been going on with PR and KSS things just seem kind of what GM has responded with. After last game and things that I have seen/experienced Mafia that gets voted that quickly on kind of flops instead of "I told you so" and I'm just sitting here scratching my head.

To answer Arcs question I am still very uncertain what makes a scummy post. As I read more from others that have played before, the more I think I get a base understanding what a scummy post is, I think... Honestly I'm not sure.

For now I am keeping my vote the same until I can maybe decipher more. Also I would like to see more input from the people we have not heard from and what their opinions are. Also I do agree that trying to figure out whom the cop or doctor is, isn't a good of an idea to tell, even if you have an inclination of whom it is.
RedBeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor-Senpai on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm a bit torn between KevinSafeSpacey and Purple Ram. Kevin is bringing up a lot of good reasons for why Ram could be scum, but he is doing it in a very scummy way to be honest. If Ram is who I think they are IRL then their reaction to Kevin doesn't necessarily mean that they are scum, since thats how they've acted in response to feeling ganged up on or unfairly persecuted in the past. I'm also a little wary of Nihil but that's just because I know how good he is at acting like a normal person when need be and that could be translating over into being good at not appearing to be scum, but I don't really have anything real against him so just ignore what I just said. Other than that I don't really have anything to say, which is why I haven't been posting that often along with work and taking naps that are too long. I'm going with Kevin for my vote right now since he is pushing very hard for Ram to be lynched right now and at worst he'll shout I told you so at us from the afterlife. Vote to Lynch: KevinSafeSpacey
Raptor-Senpai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:27 pm

KevinSafeSpacey wrote:The first scum flag is completely masked. Ram decided to say that they would enjoy being the bad guy silently picking everyone off. The second flag was the (in my opinion) fake explanation of bandwagoning the vote on someone to incite the scum to vote on someone. This instantly reveals scum. Then as soon as I named Ram, she went defensive and couldn't really explain herself out of the situation. Alk's reaction was particularly peculiar once I hit the same trial he did. So this confirmed, in my eyes, the culprit in this murder.

With Raptor-Senpai's latest vote, you are now a single vote away from being lynched. The deadline is tomorrow, and even if you convince some people to retract their votes, I don't see it as likely that you will not remain the player with the most votes on them (and therefore be lynched by default when the deadline is reached).

Given that, I want to stress that if you are, in fact, a pro-town player, the most important thing for you to do right now is share information with us (because your alignment will be revealed if/when you die, you flipping as a pro-town role would prove that everything you had said came from the mouth of a pro-town player.

Now, in order of those posts you are talking about:

1) Saying you would enjoy playing scum does not mean you are scum. This is simple and plain to see, so I don't see why someone would claim someone is likely to be scum because they said they would want to be scum. In fact, it seems like scum players should say the opposite, to avoid drawing attention like the attention you have been giving PurpleRam.

2) Trying to catch scum jumping on a bandwagon is not an unheard of tactic, though if that really were PurpleRam's only intention she would likely retracted her vote. She has not, either because she has decided you are scummier than anybody on your bandwagon or because you are correct and she is secretly scum. I can understand you logic here, but if you don't believe PurpleRam's justification of placing a vote on you in hopes of drawing scum into your bandwagon, why? You say you the explanation seems fake "in your opinion", so could you be more specific? Is it just a feeling, or do you have something more concrete? Remember, you have nothing to gain from withholding your thoughts or opinions at this point if you really are town.

3) Personally, I discount that post from her as banter, rather than flailing when unable to defend herself properly. She gave that post in response to a small statement from you: "PurpleRam, that was a scum post if I ever saw one." That statement is vague and lacking in specific accusations, so there was really nothing for PurpleRam to defend against.

I now have a second subject to ask about. You think Alkeriece is scum-buddies with PurpleRam. It seems like you came to this conclusion after he changed his vote from PurpleRam to nobody. While I don't see a particularly good reason for Alkeriece to have retracted his vote, I also don't see what is especially scummy about doing so. I have my guesses as to why you might think that was a scummy move on his part, but I will withhold them until after you've had a chance to tell me what your actual logic is- after all, I wouldn't want to give you an easy out if you are, in fact, scum. And what trial are you talking about, in the post I've quoted in this post?
Ghosty
Admin

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Vote Count

Post by Hans Gruber on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Official Vote Count:

KevinSafeSpacey: 6 (Arc, Green Machine, Purple Ram, Raptor-Senpai, Nihil, TotallyNotSuspicious)
PurpleRam: 1 (KevinSafeSpacey)
Not Voting: RedBeard, Ghosty, Like9orphans, Alkeriece, Otaku1889
With 12 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch pre-deadline.

Last edited by Hans Gruber on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Could you also indicate who currently has their vote set on No Lynch, Ser Gruber?
Ghosty
Admin

View user profile http://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:23 pm

This is actually a bit sticky for me. I had been reading Vote to Lynch: Nobody as an unvote, distinct from wanting no lynch to occur that day. I realize now that I didn't make that very clear in the OP. So if you want the day to end without a lynch, please format it as
Vote to Lynch: No Lynch.
My apologies for the confusion.
Hans Gruber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Honestly KSS and Purple, involving yourselves in a shit throwing contest makes you both smell quite bad and look a bit scummy, so I haven't been posting because I was trying to let that sort itself out and see if there was any information to be gotten out of the situation. Right now, I don't think we got any information of note out of that bicker fest, so I'm keeping my vote the same, perhaps the lynch will make us see things more clearly. You should clearly share as much information and reasoning with the group as possible, perhaps claim your role, so we can perhaps avoid lynching a power role, and even if you are lynched, and are town, we can understand your thought process and chase down your leads in the future.

KSS, could you list the reasons you say you aren't scum, and what you feel about all of the players in this game? It would be helpful I think.
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Beyond the things I've suggested, I have no other clues to present other than gut feeling. Call it paranoia, but I've got an awfully funny feeling about Ram and Alk. It's part of my being to rely on these gut feelings. It's how I've made it this far. I said "trial" to add flavor to my point. I do that pretty often when I write. The reason is that in person, I actually can't organize eloquent sentences because emotion takes the driver's seat most of the time of my human interaction. A little character flaw of mine. 

If you don't feel like Alk's change of vote isn't scum then I need to take your crash course on identifying scum. It's some of the most suspicious evidence in the case. The silence afterward didn't help because I believe that they think any further explanation or defense on the point would be a nail in his coffin. Notice that Alk and Arc completely shut down once I started to pick up on the Ram trail. This is so scummy smelling given how frequent Arc has posted and given Alk's last post. Ram took the spotlight for the other two while they've played it safe. It's kind of suspicious but he said he needed time to sort through everything.

I've listed serveral subtle reasons as to why I'm not scum and some are in this exact post. But I won't go and defend my innocence here. There's no fun and no point in begging to live especially if the truth will be one step closer to the spotlight.

I have nothing further to include in my report. I've shown all there is that I feel should be labelled as evidence. Inciting a bandwagon vote without stating a few reasons why still seems more destructive than productive but if the strategy has worked in the past I guess I can't quite knock it. I did do a little poking at the beginning but that was to gauge reactions. I've never been involved in a game where trying to start a bandwagon worked though. But my reasonings and vote to lynch still stand. Even here at the possible end of my life, I am standing my ground on the decision.
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:34 am

I'm afraid to say much more for fear of looking scummier, but I admire you for standing tall while the noose is placed around your neck. After all this back-and-forth I'm afraid I'll be the next one facing the gallows. I'm sorry it's come to this, but with the deadline so close I don't know if anyone wants to change their vote.

I want to believe that you're not scum, but I still have suspicions that you're just trying to avoid death.

I'm not in cahoots with anyone. I'm town.
PurpleRam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:10 pm

I mean sure, if you want to give up and not pass on your thoughts in a detailed manner so that you aren't misunderstood at a later date, and leave it to subtle pokes at other people's innocence, feel free, but that's pretty anti town play.

I've had periods of inactivity over the past week, where I haven't posted for one reason or another, and this time was because I wanted you two to finish throwing shit at each other before I commented on it, in case one of you threw out a tell, unfortunately that didn't work out, so I'm forced to stick to my guns, and keep my vote on you. Ram's behavior has been pointing to her being scum as well this last page or two, but I doubt the two of you are partners unless someone doesn't understand how this game works or you two are running a horribly terrible gambit, so I won't act on that until the next day phase.

Hopefully we'll have more information by then.
Arc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Good, you'd be a pansy if you didn't stick to your guns. And at least you aren't silent like most of the scum. But heed my warning. Scum will prevail today!
KevinSafeSpacey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top