Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia Round 3

+11
ralphie27
Ghosty
Mack_Coffins
KevinSafeSpacey
THR
Dsilv87
LiteralGrill
Hugh Jorgan
Otaku1889
Sisco
Nihil
15 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mafia Round 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mafia Round 3

Post by Like9Orphans Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Also otaku and GM that is a pretty sketchy call. I won't say scummy but you are wrong as a person. I'll let it slide for now.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Bickering pansies. Get yourselves together. We have a murder to solve. I for one am concerned by all the anime photos i am seeing. Seems like a cover photo for a mug shot.
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 pm

The only good use of pineapple is as an improvised suppository for scum.
Mack_Coffins
Mack_Coffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Hugh Jorgan, there's only like three or four anime photos. A number I find disturbingly low.
But on a related note, a fun question for everyone: Why did you choose your specific avatar pictures?
For me, I picked mine because A) I like the show, and B) the character's a superhero, and I intend to bring these murderous scum to JUSTICE!!!
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Otaku, I picked mine because it's from one of my favorite movies, it fits my screen name and it fits me.

Hans, I must have missed the excitement and obivious outting. What were the things that ralphie said? I think I'm alone here when I say that and if you want gla support I'll need evidence.

Hugh, I get why you're concerned but typically these situations need a little mayhem to get the thought tank rolling. I felt the same way my first couple times.

GreenMachine, I actually believe you here. But you seem slightly depressed with your role. If I knew more of what it entails to be town miller I'd try to motivate you to feel otherwise. Alas, I'm still sort of new to this and to playing competently in general haha.

KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Mack_Coffins
Mack_Coffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Hear that, everyone? That's the sound of Random Voting Stage rushing by...
Nobody panic, my post was a joke about DSilv's username. At the risk of ruining it, he called DSilv DSilva, Silva being his full last name. Great applause. Everybody happy.
As far as Green Machine's claim goes, I absolutely believe it in the absence of a counterclaim. Scum wouldn't risk it, because if there really is a miller, they could simply claim as such, then the scum get lynched. So I am treating him as confirmed town for the foreseeable future.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Which is to say, Ralphie said that about DSilv in the signup thread. Nothing that effects this game in the least.
I chose my avatar for value. Putin's smug expression makes me chuckle.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Hans, ah ok. I guess being completely out of the loop didn't help me much either in that department.

We have quite a bit of people playing this time. I love a crowd. Things should really explode later on. It's all the arbitrary posts in the beginning that make it start slow. And I've gotta say that it's really hard to not autistically screech in the begining since that was my go-to gameplan in previous matches. So I'm basically standing here kicking at the dirt and pretty pissed at the damn dragon.
KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:13 am

Like9Orphans, I'm not sure why you think millers don't usually know they are millers. The stuff I have read says no such thing, and in our previous game the miller knew he was one. Now discussion about whether everybody thinks I am scum making a fakeclaim is worthwhile, and I encourage everybody to chime in on that subject as quickly as possible.

In the meantime I Vote to lynch: Like9Orphans for his crimes against taste buds.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:19 am

KevinSafeSpacey, depressed isn't the right word. I mean I'm not thrilled to have a negative utility role, but not caring if I get lynched is part of what comes along with having one. Mislynches are always bad, but they are less awful if a negative role is the victim.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:24 am

Just realized that I didn't actually clarify what a miller is. A miller is a role that returns unfavorable results when targeted by investigative roles. A cop will see that I'm mafia, a tracker will see that I targeted whoever the mafia killed during the night, etc. But I'm actually town aligned.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:26 am

I vote to lynch Kevin, the fact he is not autistically screeching seems out of character and thus is likely scum.
Mack_Coffins
Mack_Coffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:40 am

Actually I re-read my role PM and it says specifically that I return guilty to a cop, nothing about the other investigative roles. I learned from discussion after the last game that a miller who returns unfavorably to more than cops won't always be called something obvious like "universal miller", but the wording of my PM seems pretty exact. Not that this information probably helps much of anything, but I do want to be thorough. Either way any investigators shouldn't use their powers on me, I have no actions of my own so there's nothing to learn.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:42 am

Mack, I gotta say that if I were in your position I'd feel the same way. But due to the constant backlash I receive, I decided that I'd at least attempt to play halfway decent.
KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:46 am

It's hella late but holy shit, I did not expect this thread to fill up this quickling in the time since I confirmed my role. I'm too tired right now to make an extended post, but just to have my thoughts on record, I find Green Machine's miller claim fairly believable. It's not iron-clad, but nothing ever is in Mafia. For him to be lying scum though, Green Machine would have to have been willing to risk his neck from very, very early in the game because getting counter-claimed by an actual miller would almost assure that either Green Machine gets lynched or the counter-claiming person gets lynched and then Green Machine gets lynched. Not a reasonable gamble for the Mafia, especially this early in the game.

It's fine though, if Green Machine really is scum I'm sure we'll accidentally lynch him a few day phases down the line despite being fooled into thinking he's town, on account of the actual town aggressively trying to throw the game away. /s

Anyway, a more content-filled post will come sometime later, after I've had a chance to sleep.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:59 am

Ghosty wrote:quickling

*Triggered*

Vote to Lynch: Ghosty.

But in all seriousness (or as serious as the RVS can be), I'm sticking my flag in the generally pro-pineapple side of the debate.

Also, I chose my avatar because it was the only picture I could find in my files that both fit thematically and met the site's requirements for an avatar. My actual preferred avatar was going to be a specific gif that I have, but apparently this site can't do gifs as avatars. I suppose I'll have to save the gif for a reaction.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:16 am

Nihil wrote:I'm sticking my flag in the generally pro-pineapple side of the debate.

Hersey!
Mack_Coffins
Mack_Coffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 am

Indeed Nihil You are truly a comrade in arms.  I believe this man here to be as townie as they come. and in honor of that I offer this simple meme as a token of my gratitude.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/19/74/77/62/4c110.jpg

To answer Otaku's question I chose this because of recycled meme value as well as thematically chasing the mafia standards of making sure everyone knows that they are already dead no matter the side they are on.  Anyone could be killed at any moment, lynched at ay time.  Just not that you are on a paper thin wire between life and death.  In other words "You are already dead."  

Now for important shit I believe that my vote will be cast upon Mack.  I believe that a man that can can not only put forward that the only use of a pineapple is a suppository as well as using the power of narcissism to fuel his avatar can be nothing but a scummy person.  I wish to hear from him on his take of what belongs on pizza to confirm suspicions, but for increased pressure I will.

Vote to Lynch: Mack_Collins

Now to address the concerns that our dear GM has put forward I find myself a very reasonable man and will drop the suspicion of you as a scum member under confirmation that no one else will counter claim as miller.  I had heard from someone (I don't remember whom I am sorry) that millers don't typically know that they are millers. I may have been misinterpreting what I heard from hearing that they don't know they are millers in a bastard GM game.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 am

This pizza question is a divisive topic. I'm of the opinion that mixing those two things is awful. If you disagree, you can have your opinion, so long as you realize it is wrong.

Like9Orphans wrote:I'm interested to see if there might be a counterclaim to it. That seems like a very godfather thing to claim early. Easy to hide because of that.
Orphans, explain what you meant here, because it doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Why would a Godfather claim Miller? A Godfather would love to draw an investigation, because it would essentially clear him of all doubt.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:32 am

Well shit, I did make that mistake. In my head it made sense but it is a very clear error in my reasoning. I retract that statement for what that is worth.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 am

There is certainly a lot of value placed on pineapple pizza. I haven't had it so I can't give an opinion on the matter. Does pineapple pizza hold more significance in this other than personal taste?
KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Mafia Round 3 - Page 2 Empty Vote Count

Post by Arc Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:44 am

OFFICAL VOTE COUNT: 8 TO LYNCH
Ralphie27: 1-Hans Gruber
Like9Orphans: 1-Green Machine
Ghosty: 1-Nihil
Mack_Coffins: 1-Like9Orphans

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:
Pineapple on Pizza: 1-Arc
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack_Coffins Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Though my tastes of pizza toppings usually won't leave the realm of all meat, I have been known to favor all veggie if it's accompanied by peppers to spice things up.

I would be more wary of scum trying to sow dissent by arbitrarily trying to split the townies on the niche taste of those who prefer pineapple to a more... run of the mill pizza we would not debate lynchings over.

I have more suspicion of Orphans now than Kevin because of this.
Mack_Coffins
Mack_Coffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Vote to Lynch : The Pineapple
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content