Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

+6
Ghosty
Raptor-Senpai
Like9Orphans
Arc
Lord Crump
RedBeard
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently - Page 2 Empty Re: Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

Post by Hans Gruber Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Damn it, ninja'd by Arc. Mad

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently - Page 2 Empty Re: Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

Post by Arc Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Eh, that dark blue ended up being so oversaturated that I could barely even read it, which I did find interesting that you chose the most unreadable color to be your name.

But nonetheless, you don't appear to be the scummiest player we have so far. so I'm gonna see how this plays out before I cast another vote.
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Inciting a riot? Seems pretty scummy to me. Someone in our town was murdered and we need to find out who did it. I'll not retract my vote until I have evidence to the contrary.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Riots are only started by the mob mentality of the public seeing everyone piling onto one option and mistaking that for the truth. Hans posted some very weak feelings, and threw the first vote of the game out, Scum usually don't want to stick their neck out like that, it makes them a target, I had suspicions of him beforehand, and thought he might be trying to hide him being scum right before his eyes.

Two things make Red's post feel really scummy to me, and these are as follows.

1. The timing: I had seen him on before, but he didn't post a response to the thread until after I had done so. Like I said, riots are caused by group thinking, and by the mob thinking one thing is true, and that thinking swaying the others in the group. you had made an argument that he was rushing things forward a little quickly, with no proof to be doing so. Then I came in, and put my vote down, I made it due to a mild suspicion and a pretty petty minor reason, nothing of substance there, and then he came in, saw the trend of the thread pushing against hans, and decided to make the third vote in a row for him. This is much more riot inciting, and lynch inciting behavior than posting a list of minor feelings about the people in the thread.

2. In addition to his timing, he also used an appeal to emotion to push his vote. if he felt that strongly that hans had done something wrong, his post would have happened as soon as he saw it, not waiting until after someone else comes in and votes against the man.

This feels very much like scum behavior to me, and therefore, I retracted my vote in order to quell the tide against Hans, and hopefully get some answers out of the man.
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:57 pm

To reference MGM's earlier post, I want to hear from everyone else. I hope they haven't forgotten about this.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Crump Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Wow, it got busy in here. And I am pretty indecisive right now since there’s not really much to go on. I think I’m going to withhold my vote for the moment until we get more responses out of people.

That said, I do intend to cast a vote for Hans on Wednesday if nobody in particular says anything extra suspicious. It seems like it’s hard to tell what’s going on until after the first night, so I guess I’ll just kinda return his semi-random finger point with another semi-random finger point. >.>
Lord Crump
Lord Crump

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Given the nature of this phase, and the fact that it's compulsory lynch anyway, I suppose I have to weigh in.

While I think Hans' methods were... unorthodox at best, I don't currently think that he is scum. In the RVS stage, often having SOME method is better than no method, even if the method is shaky. It provides unity, and unity is what this town really needs at the moment in the face of this enemy, and the enemy has provided us something against which we can unify. Quite wonderful cyclic reinforcement, which I'm sure will prove good for the town. Yes, Nihil, channel that Karl Schmidt. Nazi philosophers are always so fun.

Honestly, if Hans' method really was a gambit meant to provoke scummy behavior, I think we're best off going with its result. So at the risk of having been tricked by scum into bandwagoning a fellow town, I
Vote to Lynch: LordRedPanda
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Ugh, I just said RVS stage... redundancy... that's like saying PIN number or ATM machine... maybe I should lynch myself in atonement...
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:34 pm

Vote to lynch: nihil

Such redundancy. Tsk tsk tsk.

Vote to lynch: nobody
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:37 pm

So at this point, we are just waiting to hear back from Raptor-Senpai and Like 9 Orphans, yes? I would greatly prefer to hear from them before proceeding with the bandwagon on LordRedPanda, myself, or anyone else. I would greatly like to have their thoughts on record.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:44 pm

We don't have evidence for much right now. Hans might be trying to throw us off his trail, but I'm starting to agree with Nihil. His efforts were to flush out scum. I think he might have.

Although, I will admit to checking messages and not responding yet. I want to read and have a moment to think.

For now, Vote to lynch: nobody.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Person I'm most looking to hear from s red himself.

Ghosty, when does day phase end?
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:56 pm

I believe Ghosty said that the first day phase will end on Thursday at 6:00 pm Central time.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Yeah, that info has been edited into the original post.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Arc wrote:Person I'm most looking to hear from s red himself.

Ghosty, when does day phase end?

Unofficially, it ends soon as somebody hits a majority of lynch votes (whether I'm there to announce the lynching or not). Officially, it ends when I announce the lynching and lock the thread, but people can still post in the "twilight" period before the thread is locked even if moving their votes around no longer does anything.

The day phase lasts a maximum of one week of meatspace time, however, and will end Thursday afternoon even if a consensus has not been reached. So in that regard, you guys still have lots of time.

Also, just in case anybody hadn't noticed, I'm keeping the OP updated with player status (alive or dead), vote counts, and deadlines. Do keep in mind that I can't necessarily update the OP as soon as a new vote comes in, which means the vote count displayed there doesn't reflect any posts that have happened or votes that have been cast after the most recent edit- even though those votes DO count even before I make such an update.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:59 pm

It actually just says 6:00 pm, I added the Central time part for the benefit of the player currently in the Eastern time zone.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Yes, I probably should have specified the time zone, in case Raptor-Senpai has emergency plans for a special last minute gambit in case the day phase looks like it will end by time out. It's 6 PM Central Standard Time, not Eastern Standard Time or Greenwich Mean Time or Objective Universal Time.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor-Senpai Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm going to withhold my vote till more posts are made since I don't actually know who is mafia or not and random lynching leads to a mafia victory. Also my role is vanilla townie for future reference.
Raptor-Senpai
Raptor-Senpai

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Yeah yeah, you're a vanilla townie, just like me and everybody else here. Nonetheless, at the end of the day somebody has to hang. Currently I plan on aiming my vote at whoever contributes the least towards the discussion. I realize some of us have busier meat world schedules than others, and I don't want to punish anyone for that. So anyone who can't post often should at least try to make their posts full of precious, juicy information!
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:02 pm

So much hate round these parts. I feel the need to put forth my 23 cents and change. Life is very uncertain but the only one here who's hand are stained the color of the crimson Blood must be Lord red panda. It is in his name alone. There is no other conclusion to be had. 
Vote to lynch :Lordredpanda
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBeard Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:12 pm

My only reasoning why it was harsh was due to him being awfully quick to immediately go after someone based on opening posts is all. Just with so little information to go off of and then just go after people.

Arc I did not intend to make it seem like I was jumping on a bandwagon/riot/mob, I did not read the other posts after his, mainly I read his and then replied because I felt he was very quick to have someone lynched with so little information was all.

Also I apparently do not get notifications for this, how do I turn them on/turn them back on?
RedBeard
RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Right beneath the most recent post on a page, where the buttons that let you switch pages in the thread are, should be some clickable text that says something along the lines of "Watch this topic for replies". Click it. That should enable notifications. Incidentally, for anybody that wants to turn them off, you do the same thing- the text is replaced with "Stop watching this topic" if you are already watching a thread.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:21 pm

What Ghosty said. Also check the notifications section of your profile page to make sure you're getting them how you want and for what you want.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Now that everyone's responded, I think I'll throw down my thoughts on everyone in this game. Consider this a more authentic version of my thoughts than my initial post where I (probably wrongfully) accused MeanGreenMachine of being scum. First off:
Hans Gruber: This is me. I may be a serial killer, but that isn't relevant to this game. Probably, at least. Now for the good stuff.
Purple Ram: I declared that I thought Purple Ram is town early on, and I see no reason to change my stance.
Nihil: His sole post was somewhat townie. I'm ranking him highly on the town scale because his posts have the feel of a man who wanted to be scum, but isn't, and is thus extremely disappointed.
Raptor-Senpai: We all know Raptor's first post was unspeakably terrible. The worst part is, I am pretty sure he's telling the truth about everything. Verdict: Village Idiot.
MeanGreenMachine: His reply to my initial accusation was pretty town, so I feel fairly confident he's clean. He has some minor things that bother me, such as voting based on productivity rather than behavior, but those are minor blips that are easily chalked up to inexperience.
Arc: I have no real opinion on Arc at this moment. His initial vote of me signals that he's a townie running a gambit, putting pressure on me to see how I react. On the other hand, his reluctance to cast a vote makes me somewhat suspicious. We'll no doubt be keeping an eye on each other, so things will probably become clearer in the future.
Lord Crump: The good lord's reply was the waffliest thing in this thread so far. It was full of scum tells, such as mudslinging without casting a vote and refusing to commit to a course of action. However, these things are also tells of an inexperienced player, so for now, I will largely withhold judgment. Still, I'm leaning scum here.
Like9orphans: Good grief, this most recent post was almost, if not equally, as scummy as Lordredpanda's earlier. I would be willing to jump on an orphan bandwagon.
Lordredpanda: I stand by my reasoning from earlier, and his most recent reply does nothing for me. Still has my vote.
So there you have it, folks. One crackpot's opinion. I'll go on record and say that, despite the fact I have Panda and Orphans as my scummiest players, I think it's very unlikely they are on a team together. So obviously, I am wrong somewhere.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Hans still seems so quick to end a life. Not at all the oath of a doctor. Surely, he's either a confused-and-floundering-in-the-dark vanilla or scum. You come at this situation with cold, calculating logic. In a time like this, when emotions run high, maybe we need that. But I think your calm demeanor shows you're comfortable around death. Filthy scum.

Vote to lynch: Hans Gruber
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next