Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

+6
Ghosty
Raptor-Senpai
Like9Orphans
Arc
Lord Crump
RedBeard
10 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently - Page 4 Empty Re: Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

Post by PurpleRam Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 pm

I can only speculate that the more experienced players are in a power role. One might be town and one scum. For now, I'll keep my vote. I don't want to kill a fellow vanilla town, but with so little evidence there isn't much to go on. LRP, if you are fellow town, I'm sorry. If not, to hell with you scum.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently - Page 4 Empty Re: Mafia I: Breaking it in Gently

Post by Green Machine Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Now that I have a few consecutive minutes, I'll address your question to me Hans. Yourself I obviously consider town, as I've stated as much. PurpleRam seems like she's simply following whatever train of thought is popular at the moment, which is slightly scummy, but also possibly just a sign of inexperience. Which I say with equal inexperience, so it probably means nothing. Nihil hasn't said much, but what he's said seems thoughtful and genuine, I have him leaning town currently. Arc I don't agree with 100%, but his reasoning likewise seems genuine, and I have him leaning town at the moment also.

Lordredpanda and Like9Orphans are clearly my top two scum suspects right now. Lord Crump and Raptor-Senpai both need to add something more to the discussion. What I think of them will depend largely on what they say next. If they don't say anything helpful then they are my next suspects for scum. If they both exonerate themselves then my next suspect is PurpleRam.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:15 pm

PurpleRam responded to reading that my threatening the well-being of my meat. Which she would do whether she is scum or not, I just thought I'd let you all know that.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Crump Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Gimme juuuust a bit, reading things. There appears to be a lot happening here.
Lord Crump
Lord Crump

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Crump Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 pm

I went back and read everything and I do agree that Arc's reasoning is pretty solid, though I will admit that I'm intrinsically a bit more suspicious of both him and Hans just because they seem to be more experienced players and are far more capable of playing this game like a fiddle than anyone else here. I figured the first comment of Red’s about Hans’ harshness was probably due to newness (tbh the cutthroat nature this game is a bit intimidating).

That said, the wording on his second post is a little strange. It’s the nature of the game that we do have to pick SOMEONE to go after to get into the second day. I was expecting to pick someone at random on the final day, but things appear to have happened rather quickly.

In the interest of moving things along, I’m willing to be the last vote for LordRedPanda if I get Hans’ okay (his wrath scares me). I see no particular reason not to hop on the bandwagon when everyone is pretty much equally suspicious and all we have to go on are minor details. Also, as for my thoughts on the bandwagon itself, I don’t really see much of anything noteworthy about the bandwagon. It’s expected in a game like this, especially when there’s not much evidence to form an individual opinion on.
Lord Crump
Lord Crump

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Lord Crump wrote:I went back and read everything and I do agree that Arc's reasoning is pretty solid, though I will admit that I'm intrinsically a bit more suspicious of both him and Hans just because they seem to be more experienced players and are far more capable of playing this game like a fiddle than anyone else here. I figured the first comment of Red’s about Hans’ harshness was probably due to newness (tbh the cutthroat nature this game is a bit intimidating).

That said, the wording on his second post is a little strange. It’s the nature of the game that we do have to pick SOMEONE to go after to get into the second day. I was expecting to pick someone at random on the final day, but things appear to have happened rather quickly.

In the interest of moving things along, I’m willing to be the last vote for LordRedPanda if I get Hans’ okay (his wrath scares me). I see no particular reason not to hop on the bandwagon when everyone is pretty much equally suspicious and all we have to go on are minor details. Also, as for my thoughts on the bandwagon itself, I don’t really see much of anything noteworthy about the bandwagon. It’s expected in a game like this, especially when there’s not much evidence to form an individual opinion on.

I did say that I was suspicious of you earlier, do you have any reaction to that, or just letting it be unresponded thoughts?
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Feeling very slightly better about Lord Crump now, but I emphasize slightly. That may just be in comparison to Like9orphans, who, when under suspicion from several players, pops in to ask a rules question then leaves. What is that about?
Now Lord Crump, imagine the following scenario. Imagine Lordredpanda has immunity for the day, Survivor style. In protest, everyone else votes for themselves. You must place the deciding vote on who will be eating the compulsory lynch. Who do you vote for?

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Crump Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Arc wrote:
Lord Crump wrote:I went back and read everything and I do agree that Arc's reasoning is pretty solid, though I will admit that I'm intrinsically a bit more suspicious of both him and Hans just because they seem to be more experienced players and are far more capable of playing this game like a fiddle than anyone else here. I figured the first comment of Red’s about Hans’ harshness was probably due to newness (tbh the cutthroat nature this game is a bit intimidating).

I did say that I was suspicious of you earlier, do you have any reaction to that, or just letting it be unresponded thoughts?

I don't know that I have anything in particular to respond with, really. I mean... makes sense? I don't like it but guess I can see how that's a thing.

The most I can say is that I don't really enjoy throwing an ax at people immediately. I was thinking of targeting Hans specifically just since he's persuasive and seems particularly dangerous... and since I was his second choice in his opening post. At the same time, though, his logic made sense and my reason was tiny enough that I didn't really feel comfortable enough to throw my vote his way right then. I was a bit torn too since attacking the first person to cast a vote seemed like it could encourage silence on the first night for future games, though I’m more and more convinced that worry was unfounded. I continue to be surprised that the first day had this much thought put into it.

And Hans, if I had to pick one, I do believe it’d still be you. You’re a bit too powerful for my comfort level. If you’re Mafia, we’ve just eliminated a major threat. If I made the wrong call and you’re town, Like9Orphans and LordRedPanda are still very much in trouble and will be largely under scrutiny for the next few rounds (assuming nothing else damning pops up in the night). Simply put, I’m more afraid of you being Mafia than Like9Orphans being Mafia.
Lord Crump
Lord Crump

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBeard Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Out of Character:
Bad News on my Part
For everyone please know that my personal life has been a lot worse as of late and it's causing me some mental health issues. The main reasoning being is I am in between meds right now, so one set is leaving my system and the other is beginning. The doctor said I should be back to my normal self within the week or two. Yet, sadly, it does not help me with the now. This game is a lot of fun, though it also seems to be causing me to some issues, it's not the conversations, it's more the my mind can't make up a thing or two to input onto this forum. At times it has also been a timing issue for me, for some stupid reason it didn't update me for awhile and this forum BLEW UP with information and I was like well holy crap how does one defend himself now haha. Then my mental health kicks in and then I don't post because I'm like why bother. Trust me it's 100% not anyone on this forum it is 100% me, because you guys are awesome. Keep up the great work everyone! Though I am sad I'm not in the right mind for this.

I will be watching this from time to time because curiosity spurs. I do hope to attend the next one and hopefully I won't be so down on my luck haha.

I will not say my role for I will allow the glorious GM to share the result.

With this message in mind and I actually do have 1 vote left before I'm lynched.

Bad joke: Well guess Hans won't be able to go after the next person that votes...if they are dead bwhahaha....

I know...terrible joke...but hope someone got the funnies...no... Ok I'll sulk away now.

I recast my vote:

Vote to Lynch: LordRedPanda

Again, sorry all wish I could be more present
RedBeard
RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBeard Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Also update my Avatar a bit hahahahahahaha... too much?
RedBeard
RedBeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Well damn, best of luck dude, I'm sorry things went this way. Good luck with things. Smile
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Alright, just this once, I will suspend my wrath. Good luck, man!

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Crump Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:27 pm

I'm sorry you're going through a rough time right now... Sad Feel better soon!
Lord Crump
Lord Crump

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:14 pm

As the villagers stood around, arguing among themselves, there was much confusion in the air. Yet, after a short while it seemed clear what direction the winds were blowing. "She's just too suspicious!" "Did you hear what she said? That doesn't sound right..." "There's no way she's being honest with use!" "I never trusted her in the first place." Soon enough, the town had come to their decision on who should go to the rope.

But as they looked around, they realized the accused was nowhere to be found! She must have slipped away when it became clear that she was not going to be able to turn things around in her favor. "Start searching! We need to find her, before she kills again!" came the shout. And search the villagers did, but when they finally found her, it was not the scene they had expected.

Katia Ménard lay strewn out on the ground in a pool of her own blood. The stab wounds she suffered were clearly from the same weapon as the one used to kill Elder Roberto. It looked for a moment as if the town had been wrong, that Katia had been innocent, but an examination of the crime scene brought the truth to light: a note on Katia's person confessed to her crimes. She had killed Elder Roberto, but in her final moments seemed possessed by a fear of her accomplice. Though the other murderer went unnamed in the note, this was all the proof that was needed to say that the trouble in Abbervale was not yet finished.

But with the sun setting, discussion of this new development would have to wait until tomorrow...
---------------------------
Lordredpanda has been lynched and his identity revealed as Katia Ménard, the Mafia Roleblocker! Please remember that the flavor of the above description is only flavor, and in no way represents any sort of clue or hidden meaning.

Day Phase 1 has ended. Night Phase 1 begins now, and will conclude no later than July 11 (Tuesday), 11:00 PM CST. Those of you with night actions you with to perform, please send them to me ASAP.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Eventually, dawn arrives, coming to Abbervale on its own schedule as it always does. After all, time rushes for no man, no matter how dire the situation. However, it seems that last night the dawn did not come soon enough for one unfortunate man... Arc was killed during the night, and his identity revealed as Martin Trouvé, the Doctor!

Night phase 1 has ended, and day Phase 2 begins now. Five Four votes are required for a lynch. The deadline is July 18 (Tuesday), 11:00 PM CST.

Last edited by Ghosty on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Ghosty, shouldn't it be four votes required to lynch now that we're down to seven players?
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Yes, my bad. I forgot to count the fact that somebody was killed during the night into the total number of people alive. It does indeed require four votes at this stage of the game to achieve a lynch.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Well, this sucks. I thought we were on easy street after getting the roleblocker, but it looks like we still have a game. At least we didn't lose our cop. I might have broken my new laptop.
Lordredpanda actually made an excellent play by offing himself early, since we didn't get to hear back from Raptor-senpai at all, and we didn't get very many closing thoughts on the whole. Raptor, speak now, or forever hold your peace. You were a complete non-entity yesterDay, and that is unacceptable.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Thank you for that. Now back to our regularly scheduled scumhunt.

Like9Orphans... It looks bad for you right now. You appeared to be backing off of bussing your scum friend, and when he got lynched anyway he did in fact come up as a member of the mafia. Have anything to say in your defense before the new bandwagon gets started?

The player's motivations in real life are most unfortunate, but nonetheless it was actually a good play for the mafia. The wagon did seem to have too much momentum to stop, and by hammering himself Lordredpanda deprived us of some information we so desperately needed. I suppose we can still ask of those who haven't answered why they jumped on the Panda bandwagon, that's probably as good a way to start this day as any.

It's extremely unfortunate that we lost our doctor during the night. Were there any clues to his identity that I missed but a clever scum might have picked up on, or do we think that the remaining mafia member just got lucky here?

Also, if our cop got lucky and found the other mafioso last night then we have an easy win if they just claim it. A fakeclaim by the scum would just postpone their lynch by a single day, if that; the town still wins as long as no vanilla townies gambit on a fake cop claim. If the cop didn't get so lucky, then they shouldn't reveal their role, even if we're about to lynch an innocent person; the mafia will certainly kill them and deprive us of our greatest remaining resource.

Those are my initial thoughts to start day two. Everybody else?
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Ha ha! Now who's the ninja?!

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Dammit! Just moments short, but that's all it takes for a ninja to get you!
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Well, I will speak up as to my reasoning for the Panda bandwagon, if we're still doing that.

I jumped on the Panda bandwagon mostly for the sake of the town having a method and sticking with it barring good evidence to the contrary in the RVS. Hans had a method, the method seemed better than no method, and so I joined in. Panda's attempts to defend himself didn't help either; it was all pretty scummy to be honest.

Regarding what our next step should be, I do agree with MGM that if the cop managed to pluck the other scum last night, that would be great. Otherwise, I'm divided between Like9Orphans, Raptor-Sempai, and LordCrump, for the following reasons:

Like9Orphans engaged in activity yesterday which was, to say the least, extremely suspicious. He changed his vote when a bandwagon started building on someone (who turned out to actually be scum), citing only that his first vote was mere whimsy.

Raptor-Sempai has said very little, which I find to be suspicious in and of itself.

LordCrump suggested that the players she believed to be most experienced were Hans and Arc. Killing Hans during the night would have been a ridiculously obvious play for any scum; he has by far been the most active and for him to die would just be to confirm many of his suspicions. That leaves Arc as someone to kill without being too obvious.

Out of these three, I'm leaning heaviest towards Like9Orphans.

I've also not entirely discounted the possibility that this whole thing could be one giant gambit by Hans.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:39 pm

After perusing the messages some more, I have come to the conclusion that Nihil and MGM are finding some sugar-coated crap among the truffles.

Vote to lynch: Like9Orphans
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Ghosty, is it kosher to cite information that is available on this forum but is located outside this thread? I don't see anything against it in the rules, but this being my first game I don't know whether or not it runs afoul of what is considered normal.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 pm

I will tell you as the cop it was Lord crimp. I did get lucky/followed the train of thought that everyone had about Lord crump. So the decision is there. Either lynch Lord crump and end the game or lynch me lose another person and then lynch Lord crump after letting 2 others die. Regardless this game is done here. Believe me or not this is where we stand. If I am lying and am the mafia the game Is over as well.

Vote to lynch: Lord crump
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next