Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia 2: Cage Match

+11
TotallyNotSuspicious
KevinSafeSpacey
Like9Orphans
Nihil
PurpleRam
Arc
Ghosty
Green Machine
RedBeard
Alkeriece
Hans Gruber
15 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Mafia 2: Cage Match - Page 5 Empty Re: Mafia 2: Cage Match

Post by Hans Gruber Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Three hours til deadline, and all through the thread
Not a creature was stirring, not even the dead

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:38 pm

I blame everyone. No one is innocent. Poor Nicholas Cage, his death meant nothing.
KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:19 pm

An hour before nightfall and still silence? No in depth conversation about last minute decisions and evidence gathering? I am ashamed of you all and I will join my friend in the afterlife on my terms, not yours!

Vote To Lynch: KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Nicolas Cage sat in his cell, waiting. He reflected on his career, his decisions in life, trying to determine why he was assumed to be a murderer of an alternate version of himself. It's a shame I won't make it out of here alive, he thought to himself. This would have been a great way to get into character.
Nicolas Cage opened Nicolas Cage's cell door. "It's time," he said. "Time for you to face the music for your actions, scum."
Nicolas Cage rose slowly to his feet. "I'm ready," he said. "I'm ready for the big ride, baby."
----------------
KevinSafeSpacey has been lynched. He was H.I. McDunnough (Raising Arizona), Town Tracker.
----------------
It is now Night 1. Do not post in this thread until Day 2 begins.
Anyone with a night action, submit it as soon as possible, but absolutely no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 28. I don't care how you get it to me, just do it.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm

After throwing KevinSafeSpacey Cage in the trash where he belongs, the Cages heard a scream in the distance. They rushed to find the source, and found Nicolas Cage laying on the ground, missing his face.

Nihil is dead. He was Sean Archer (Face/Off), Vanilla Town.

It is now Day 2. The new deadline is Friday, August 4, at 11:59 p.m.

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. You may now resume the funposting.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Wow, everyone with a night action actually did submit it in a timely manner! It's a shame that we lost someone who we seem to agree is good at the logic portion of this game, but if there is a silver lining here it's that the mafia failed to eliminate a power role. Now we have to figure out who the main suspects are. PurpleRam is certainly up there, since KevinSafeSpacey turned out to actually be town. Other people I'm suspicious of are Alkeriece and TotallyNotSuspicious, who have said nothing of consequence and did not have votes at the end of the day. TNS never voted at all, while Alk only had an RVS vote that he later retracted.

Ghosty, you said that you thought a scum was likely to be on KSS's bandwagon should he flip town. Who among those that voted for him do you find most suspicious?
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Also, I was in the middle of typing another post when Kevin hammered himself. There were fewer than two hours left and no chance of changing who got lynched at that point, but I was going to make things interesting by making an offer to the mafia. But instead he hammered himself. As town. So excuse me while I go piss on his corpse.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 pm

I'm surprised I'm still alive. I expected to be the target.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:50 pm

... That is not a reasonable expectation. If you're mafia then obviously they aren't killing one of their own. If you're town, then based on the discussion from day one you are the most likely to be a second mislynch for us. Now if there was a night vigilante in the game, they might have gone after you. There was only one kill overnight, so if there is any such vigilante then they restrained themselves from doing anything on the first night. I'm thinking it's more likely that there simply isn't one, as power roles tend to want to use their powers.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 pm

From what I read about the vigilante, they only use their power once a game. I'm not sure if I misread that, but if so and there is one then it's likely they're biding their time. Don't want to kill another town accidentally.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I guess that's another possibility, a one-shot vigilante. In which case yes, they almost certainly wouldn't have used their power night one.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 pm

I fully expect that once the other Cages see that the sun has risen, it won't take long for some of them to start putting up a noose with your name on it PurpleRam. Have anything to say in your defense before that gets started?
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleRam Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 pm

I'm town. I made a mistake. I apologize.
PurpleRam
PurpleRam

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 am

So, side request: Can someone please clarify to me what the rules are for a vigilante, and if we're allowed to know if there is one in the game before they're discovered? I've never played a game of Mafia that included them, and I'm kinda confused...
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:54 pm

A vigilante is a town-aligned player who can unilaterally perform a kill. A night vigilante can do so during the night phase, while the much more powerful day vigilante can do so during the day phase. The only information we were given about this game at the start is that there are only two factions - the town and the mafia - and that the mafia had three members. The mafia still has three members, which means the town now has seven. Now a vigilante would leave evidence of their existence in the form of an extra kill, which we know can't be attributed to a third party such as a serial killer. But otherwise no, we can't be certain that there is one, or any other particular role, until they die. Which is going to make things interesting once people start claiming roles.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Ah, I see. Thanks GM!
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Green Machine wrote:Now a vigilante would leave evidence of their existence in the form of an extra kill, which we know can't be attributed to a third party such as a serial killer.

Well, Green Machine, I think there is a possible scenario here that you could be overlooking, if you're ruling out the possibility of a Vigilante having acted last night by that logic.

You see, I find it odd that the Mafia would have killed Nihil last night. He wasn't a very prolific poster, so why would the Mafia decide to kill him, instead of someone that's being more active? It's not a death that I was expecting. However... Suppose the following scenario unfolded last night instead: the Mafia decided to kill somebody other than Nihil, but the town has a Doctor who was smart or lucky enough to correctly predict their target. As a result, the Mafia kills no one. Meanwhile, the town also has a Vigilante and they decided to kill one of the more inactive players because they are either town players that aren't contributing or are scum players that are trying to fly under the radar. Of all the less-active players in the game, they decide to kill Nihil. After all, a handful of people expressed yesterday that they felt he could be a very good scum player, meaning this hypothetical Vigilante may well have picked Nihil out of all the inactive players simply because they felt he would be the most dangerous potential scum of the lot.

There, a scenario wherein the town has an Vigilante who was active last night. It certainly isn't the only possible scenario, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that's what happened during the night because I think Nihil made little sense as a target for the Mafia.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Yeah, the hit on Nihil seems really odd to me, as a scum player, you usually want to hit one of the most active players in the game, one of the ones who are most likely to push you into a corner and figure out your true motives, hitting a player with a total of two posts, one of which basically being an RVS vote feels really strange as a move for the mafia, those are generally the players you want to stick around in the game.

A question for everyone, Who did you expect to be killed last night? I'll answer when I follow up on this later.
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:57 pm

To answer Arc's question: Honestly, I was thinking the Mafia would target Ghosty, or you Arc. Y'all managed to make pretty detailed analyses from relatively little info, which would be dangerous for the Mafia as time went on. Granted, as was proposed above, it's possible the doctor saved one of you last night, assuming we have a vigilante in our midst...
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by TotallyNotSuspicious Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Green Machine wrote:Wow, everyone with a night action actually did submit it in a timely manner! It's a shame that we lost someone who we seem to agree is good at the logic portion of this game, but if there is a silver lining here it's that the mafia failed to eliminate a power role. Now we have to figure out who the main suspects are. PurpleRam is certainly up there, since KevinSafeSpacey turned out to actually be town. Other people I'm suspicious of are Alkeriece and TotallyNotSuspicious, who have said nothing of consequence and did not have votes at the end of the day. TNS never voted at all, while Alk only had an RVS vote that he later retracted.

Ghosty, you said that you thought a scum was likely to be on KSS's bandwagon should he flip town. Who among those that voted for him do you find most suspicious?

I voted on day one and never changed it.
TotallyNotSuspicious
TotallyNotSuspicious

Back to top Go down

Post by TotallyNotSuspicious Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Granted I was under the impression that we couldn't change our votes.

But since the guy I voted for ended up being one of the posters most people seemed suspicious of I stuck with it.
TotallyNotSuspicious
TotallyNotSuspicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Green Machine wrote:Ghosty, you said that you thought a scum was likely to be on KSS's bandwagon should he flip town. Who among those that voted for him do you find most suspicious?

Well, obviously not KevinSafeSpacey anymore, haha. But to address you question, the people who voted for KSS were Arc, Green Machine, Purple Ram, Raptor-Senpai, Nihil, TotallyNotSuspicious, and KSS himself. Two of those seven people are now confirmed townies, but of the remaining five I find TNS the most suspicious... for now. I still find it too convenient that he "happened" to place a joke vote on the townie that would proceed to get lynched and never removed or commented on it. I definitely want to hear more from him- not just why he was so quiet over most of Day 1, but also what HIS reads on the current collection of living folk are.

Arc wrote:A question for everyone, Who did you expect to be killed last night?  I'll answer when I follow up on this later.

I assumed that either you, Green Machine, or myself would be hit. The fact that none of us were leads me to suspect that A) one of us was targeted by the Mafia but protected somehow, B) the Mafia is making some really rookie plays, or C) the Mafia is leaving us alive as a gambit to try and turn us against each other and make the town succumb to in-fighting as we accuse each other of being scum.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 pm

TotallyNotSuspicious wrote:Granted I was under the impression that we couldn't change our votes.

But since the guy I voted for ended up being one of the posters most people seemed suspicious of I stuck with it.

Wait.

Hoooooold up.

You thought we couldn't change our votes? And so you put a vote down on someone, a vote you thought you couldn't change, as a joke at the start of the game before any information was out? And then, even after seeing that other people changed their votes, you still didn't remove your vote, just because it seemed like everybody else was happy to go along and lynch him? And all through the whoooole thing, you didn't feel the need to comment on any of this, to justify your vote or question KSS or prod anybody else for information?

I have a bit of trouble buying THAT explanation.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 pm

I would think that it would have been Ghosty arc or GM above all others for the same reasons.

And now a question for our suspects. I am curious why you (TNS) voted so early if you thought you could not change your vote. Why not wait for more information before casting a vote you believed to be irreversible?

As for PR what evidence to you propose to us for your defence. Its a little bit lack luster to say "I'm town. I made a mistake. I apologize." Don't you think? Is there nothing else you can provide in terms of argument for your decision and aggression?
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Beat me to the punch by 5 seconds.
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content