Death By WIFOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia Round 3

+11
ralphie27
Ghosty
Mack_Coffins
KevinSafeSpacey
THR
Dsilv87
LiteralGrill
Hugh Jorgan
Otaku1889
Sisco
Nihil
15 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mafia Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Mafia Round 3

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:08 am

Ghosty- time and content length doesn't matter much to me. I guess I should have specified that I expected more depth from your post than what you initially delivered. I get that people are busy (I work 2nd shift). We were merely pointing out that it's rather odd you did so because that's just not how you usually roll.

GM, yeah, bro. This has been an exciting opener but we're consistently not hearing from a few individuals. Frustrating to say the least and we currently have nothing concrete to go on.

I think what we need is a little more feedback from other people. We do have a surprising amount of what I would consider "Active" participants. I think this may be worth noting too. Maybe the quiet ones are scum? But to be frank, I don't think that's the case. In my opinion, they are more likely the irrelevant roles either reading posts and completely lost in which direction to turn or they haven't been checking this out. It's a shame because I think this is the fastest a game has taken off in my experiences.
KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 am

First of all, my vote no longer has any right to be on Ralphie. Vote to Lynch: Hugh_Jorgan. Refusing to answer my question is very brazen, but what I find even more suspect is your attempted mudslinging of me via avatar choice. If you think I'm scum, why aren't you voting for me? And if you don't think I'm scum, why didn't you at least attempt to answer my question? Now, we're not Best Friends Forever (tm) or anything- I only just met you- but even so, you don't seem to be a man who would shy away from open conflict, unless you were Mafia trying to stay out of the fray.
Now, a brief bit of autistic screeching.

Ghosty, the exact phrase that gets my goat is this:
Ghosty wrote:It's fine though, if Green Machine really is scum I'm sure we'll accidentally lynch him a few day phases down the line despite being fooled into thinking he's town, on account of the actual town aggressively trying to throw the game away. /s
The /s tag is all well and good, but I still don't follow what mindset you could be in where you assume the town would fail this horrifically, even as a joke. And you can't blame last game for this, because every lynch last game was very justifiable. KSS should never have been lynched, but it was inevitable with his refusal to mount even a basic defense. I also found it odd you referred to "the actual town", seemingly excluding yourself. Now, I didn't see anything in your dictionary of a post that I really disagreed with or found scummy, so for now I won't be gunning for you. But don't worry. You're still in my top 3 scum suspects <3.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Hans, i am not one to throw names out without somthing to back it up but if you instst......

Initialy i would rank ghosty at the top of the scum list. His most recent post and led me away from thinking scum. For now ghosty remains on the top of my list.

Sisco would be my number 2 suspect. No post......nothing to go on.... scum all the way.

Top 2 townies
#1 Hugh Jorgan i have commited no crimes other than still trying to identify myself and play style.

#2 Hans
Believe it or not i think you are town even though you have singled me out. I dont believe you are as scummy as your post tend to read.

Others on my watch list
Dsilv. Quiet and not alot to go on. I will watch and analyze closely

Mack coffins. Interesting behavior could swing either way.
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Forgot the most important part.

Vote to lynch Sisco
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 pm

What in the name of the dragonballs is this latest nonsense by Hugh Jorgan? His top two town are himself and the guy he suggested had a scummy avatar in his previous post? He votes to lynch his second scum suspect instead of the one at the top of his list? He singles out Sisco for not posting when THR has also not posted? I'm already voting to lynch this guy, so now I am putting forward a motion to lynch him using barbed wire.

Speaking of THR, he still has no avatar and hasn't logged on since his confirmation post. Someone who knows him should make sure he's still on board for playing.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Hans Gruber wrote: Ghosty, the exact phrase that gets my goat is this:
Ghosty wrote:It's fine though, if Green Machine really is scum I'm sure we'll accidentally lynch him a few day phases down the line despite being fooled into thinking he's town, on account of the actual town aggressively trying to throw the game away. /s
The /s tag is all well and good, but I still don't follow what mindset you could be in where you assume the town would fail this horrifically, even as a joke. And you can't blame last game for this, because every lynch last game was very justifiable. KSS should never have been lynched, but it was inevitable with his refusal to mount even a basic defense. I also found it odd you referred to "the actual town", seemingly excluding yourself.

I'll defend Ghosty here. The town did really poorly last game. The tracker got lynched day one. Days two and three went well, but that's because I got lucky with my one-shot of cop and then one of the scum botched a roleclaim. I have been criticized for calling for a mass roleclaim on day 4, but I did so because I had roleblocked someone night 3, and since the kill still happened that person was basically confirmable as town. I knew there would likely be either one too many power role claims or one too many vanilla town claims, and I was right. Unfortunately the only person confirmable as town from the mass roleclaim is the same person I had confirmed by my roleblock, so my strategy didn't pay off. But - inexplicably - the town continued to treat that guy as a major scum suspect even with that double confirmation. So I see "the town aggressively trying to throw the game away" as a perfectly defensible statement. Also "the actual town" is excluding me, not himself, since that whole joke was predicated on my being scum.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Mafia Round 3 - Page 4 Lying_11

Mafia Round 3 - Page 4 163fcce90cb6fdeb9bc0f79ba6954630--birthday-funnies-funny-birthday
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Like9Orphans Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Glad you picked up on that GM. You should look over my profile as well. Edits have been made. I decidedthat my birthday will be every day now since I can do that. WORSHIP MY DAY PF BORTH AS IF I WERE A GOD!!! Please...

On a serious note I am now going to put more pressure on the man who I suspect because not only was his post not addressing most of the accusation he had been given but also the points that GM made about him voting to lynch sisco instead of his "suspect". I don't get the feeling he is reading the posts. thats either a newb move or a scummy move, and I don't think that there is any real difference currently until he addresses the concerns that we have about him.

Vote to lynch: Hugh Jorgan
Like9Orphans
Like9Orphans

Back to top Go down

Post by LiteralGrill Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Now especially for you GreenMachine:

Green Machine wrote:We still haven't heard word one from THR or Sisco. LiteralGrill... continued silence will quickly shoot these three to the top of my scum list.

It never hurts to be calm and calculated, waiting to notice moments where something of actual note happened because as was said quite well just a bit earlier:

KevinSafeSpacey wrote:Frustrating to say the least and we currently have nothing concrete to go on.

Most everyone talking thusfar has simply thrown around small and random accusations based on personalities and knowledge of players previously. I'm new, and lacking that it doesn't hurt to sit around and watch a bit does it?

Though I must admit, I'm not a big fan of how erratic it seems Hugh Jorgan is in general, even without knowing you all as well being a bit new to the group he's rubbing me the wrong way.

Vote: Hugh Jorgan
LiteralGrill
LiteralGrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Green that is an awfully agressive response to an innocent post.

Those of you that are following the scums lead. I feel sorry for you. You have all been duped.

FREE HUGH!!!!!
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinSafeSpacey Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Hugh- nothing personal here but you've managed to climb my ladder of suspects fast. You haven't been defending yourself and you claim we are following the scums lead. We need evidence, Mr. Jorgan and until we get any I'm going to have to hop off my no vote train. It's time I vote without screeching.

Vote To Lynch: Hugh Jorgan

Literalgrill- I don't think it's bad you've been sitting back and analyzing the game. I was sort of referring to our silent players.

Mack- you've gone quiet, too quiet. I'm growing suspicious because you started rather adamant and then backed off like we are all lepors. Are you in cahoots with Jorgan?
KevinSafeSpacey
KevinSafeSpacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hans Gruber Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:38 pm

I feel pretty good about where I have my vote, but there remain at least 3 more Mafiosos for us to track down. With that in mind, I need some help in filling out my gradient, so I will be asking some questions to everyone.

First of all, there are obviously the two players that haven't posted yet. I want to hear something out of them. I particularly want Sisco's opinion of having a non-RVS vote cast on him before he has even posted.

Hugh, in the time between your most recent post and my writing of this one, three more players have voted to lynch you. If you had to choose between those three players (Literal Grill, Like9orphans, and KevinSafeSpacey), which would you say are the most suspicious to you?

LiteralGrill and Ghosty, if you would be so kind, post the two players you think are most likely to be town and the two most likely to be scum. Or three, preferably.

L9O, I'll pose you two demands polite requests, but the second one will be easy. The first is the same thing I asked of LG and Ghosty: your top two reads of each category. The second may well be answered in your response to the first. How do you feel about Otaku's play this game compared to the last? As his former scum partner, you should have some good insights into any differences in his play from last game to this one.

GM- I don't want to get sidetracked into a three-way screechfest, so I won't contest your defense. That being said, are you convinced that Ghosty is town, or are you merely defending him against that particular claim?

KevinSafeSpacey- You mentioned that you thought Otaku was shady due to backing off after posting. Well, he's posted several times now. Did his posts change your opinion about him?

Mack_Coffins- You haven't posted anything of significance since RVS ended. How do you feel about this burgeoning bandwagon?

Nihil- I think just about everyone has answered your question about how they feel about GM's Miller claim. Are there any responses to this question that stood out to you as particularly forced?

Otaku- Ghosty wrote half a book about you in particular, so there should be plenty of material for you to choose from for this question. I need you to find two things in that text- Something insightful you agree with, and something plausible that you nevertheless disagree with.

DSilv- Last game, you replaced in halfway through and immediately found the scum, being the first and nearly the last one to do so. Ultimately, you let him slip away, but your initial logic was sound. Do it again this game, if you would. Which player would you say is not getting enough suspicion cast upon them?

Ralphie- I'll request your top 2 players of each alignment, but I think you may have already given your top two scum players in Hugh and Otaku. Am I correct in saying that? If not, please let us know.

Hans Gruber

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm not convinced Ghosty is town. I don't have him leaning over way or the other currently. I was defending him from that particular argument because I don't think it is sound.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by LiteralGrill Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:LiteralGrill and Ghosty, if you would be so kind, post the two players you think are most likely to be town and the two most likely to be scum. Or three, preferably.

Sure, that seems reasonable. I'll say right now that honestly, there's little tangible evidence to go about with either way so these aren't exactly wonderful but:

Town:
- Green Machine. I mean, if we all DO think he's the miller, shouldn't this be basically everyone's number one? ;P

Scum:
- Hugh Jorgan. Like I said earlier, it's not much to work with but there's just erratic behavior there honestly. Not much to make a read on, but not great to have around in general.

But wait, didn't he ask for two you all ask? Of course he did I'm not blind I'd say back. But truly, there's not enough to go on personally for me to even attempt to name more. All that happens if I do is some more random accusations thrown at my way, or speculation as to why I already like someone. We have such paltry evidence as is, though I'll say Hans, it seems you're trying to manufacture some.
LiteralGrill
LiteralGrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Cant get this to quote anyone from my phone. But hans of thos 3 i would say L90 is the most suspicious.

I havent counted up the votes but i know im close to being lynched Thanks for having me this round whatever happens. Learned alot and had fun.

Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:31 pm

OFFICAL VOTE COUNT: 8 TO LYNCH
Hugh Jorgan: 4-Green Machine, Hans Gruber, Like9Orphans, KevinSafeSpacey
Ghosty: 1-Nihil
Mack_Coffins: 1-Like9Orphan
Sisco: 1-Hugh Jorgan
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Alright, I figure there's probably enough information out there for me to try to start piecing the puzzle together.

First, regarding Hans' question in response to my question: Obviously, the most suspicious answers to my question were the non-answers. We still have two people who haven't posted. None of the answers seem particularly forced; the problem is that many of the later answers may well be parroted, however. Some of the earlier posters were analytical enough that anyone with a basic understanding of reason could mimic the line of thought well enough to fool someone not intimately familiar with the personalities of those involved. I will incorporate any information I think can be gleaned from the answers in my overall analysis.

Now I will proceed to go character by character, in the order they are listed no the first page:

Hans Gruber:
Hans:

Ghosty:
Ghosty:

Like9Orphans:
Like9:

GreenMachine:
Green:

LiteralGrill:
Grill:

Nihil:
Nihil:

Otaku1998:
Otaku:

KevinSafeSpacey:
KSS:

Sisco:
Sisco:

Dsilv87:
Dsilv:

THR:
THR:

Mack_Coffins:
Mack:

Hugh Jorgans:
Hugh:

ralphie27:
ralphie:

So yeah, some of these reads are more detailed than others. I put that towards lack of information having been put forth, and the impropriety of analyzing myself.

We all need to keep talking and putting forth information.

For my last bit, I think I'll get around to taking my joke vote off now.

Vote to lynch: No one.

I'm not casting my vote yet, because I want Hugh Jorgan to give some real attempt to defend himself. Get to it.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 pm

I’ll go ahead and post some stuff addressing concerns that have been brought up in regards to me (specifically GM and Ghosty’s), as well as my top two town and scum players.
Defense:
-Nonsense question and the RVS portion: I feel my nonsense question was justifiable in both timing and content. Ask yourselves this: has that question distracted at all from GM’s claim? I would say no. The question is innocuous enough that it never halted serious discussion. My primary goal in posing that question was to incite any form of discussion, however small. It helps find out who’s invested enough to post, but either doesn’t know what to say (understandable for new players) or else wants to keep their head down (scum).

-As for my statements on Hugh and how that relates to the above, context is key. Calling for serious discussion is admirable, but said call was immediately dismissed in the same post by essentially saying “Let’s not talk about nonsense; instead let’s talk about nonsense!” Contradictions are a good indicator towards scumminess, and I wanted to point that out. I do see your (GM’s) point in how my calling that out might seem hypocritical given that I posted a relatively nonsensical question after, but I never said that non-serious questioning should’ve ended at that point, merely that it would’ve been a respectable thing to call for.

-Recapping past behaviors: I elected to not give my opinions on how past behavior might be relevant to current behavior largely because I felt giving a non-opinionated recap would help newcomers come to their own conclusions before being influenced further by theories. A good teacher doesn’t teach you what to think, but how to think for yourself. Side note: Dsilv inspired me to offer a recap when he asked if we could refer to past games. I realized new players would be at a disadvantage in regards to general knowledge, and I’m the kind of guy that prefers everyone be on the same playing field (Hence, recaps as objective as possible).

-Following the leader: I’ll concede that my readings of Ghosty and Hugh were probably too similar to Hans’, but in my defense, I do think that I made enough differences to say that I wasn’t just blindly jumping on a bandwagon. Firstly, in regards the Ghosty read, whereas Hans was more concerned with his “artificial” language, I was more concerned by the lack of questioning to prompt discussion. In regards to Hugh, I made a note of the contradictory nature of his call to action/continued joking, which wasn’t brought up before. While we’re on this subject, I’ve alluded to this before, but I think Ghosty redeemed himself with his novella of a post. Waiting for a bit before publishing an essay is very much part of his play-style, so I guess the lack of quick questioning is excusable.

Readings:
So, before I begin, I’m going to leave out Hugh Jorgan. He’s top of my scum list, but anything I could say about him now would be redundant. Instead, I’ll focus on my second and third choices for scum.
-Green Machine: Town. Just flat out. I’ve outlined before that I don’t think he’s done anything scummy, and that policy-lynching might be a waste of the town’s time and focus. Further, everything he’s done in this game is in-line with the play-style he used last time, where he was pro-town.
-Hans Gruber: Town. He’s been aggressively pursuing leads, particularly with irregularities in Ghosty’s posting, and with Hugh for obvious reasons. While aggressive behavior could be scummy, his most recent posts wherein he poses questions for everyone feels more town to me.
-LiteralGrill: Scummy. Thus far, LiteralGrill seems to fall under the “invested enough to post, but prefers to keep their head down” category, which as I’ve stated before, is either an inexperienced player thing, or a scum thing. I’m leaning towards scum right now due to their most recent post, wherein their town/scum reads are just restating the majority consensus.
-Mack Coffins: Scummy. In a similar situation to LiteralGrill, the main difference being that he hasn’t posted since things became serious. This mostly seems like a joke thing, but it’s pseudo-notable that his last action was pointing a finger at L9O, I guess. Otherwise I’ve got nothing else to work with with him…
Other reads:
-Like9Orphans: The problem with L9O is that he’s really good at hiding his scumminess. He made detailed and insightful, yet not altogether groundbreaking posts last game… Which is what pretty much any townie would do if they weren’t leaders in the discussion. So yeah, it’s going to be interesting trying to keep an eye out for anything unusual from him.
-Sisco and THR: I’m assuming from the lack of posting that these players aren’t scum, and don’t have major roles, elsewise they would’ve been invested enough to make some appearance by now…

Not going to vote on anyone right now. I would vote for Hugh, but I kinda want to keep the day running longer. More time means more info, after all.

Last edited by Otaku1889 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Readability)
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm

For KevinSafeSpacey:

For Hugh Jorgan:

For Hans Gruber:

For LiteralGrill:

For Hans Gruber Again (Lucky You!):
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Bad thing:

Uh, Otaku? This is a problem. You're not suppose to edit your posts, period, readability be damned. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to decide right now whether I think this is an innocent mistake or a scummy cover up because I can't spare more time on Mafia today, but at least I'll have something to think about while I'm away from the game tomorrow.
Ghosty
Ghosty
Admin

https://deathbywifom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 pm

LiteralGrill wrote:Vote: Hugh Jorgan

Arc wrote:OFFICAL VOTE COUNT: 8 TO LYNCH
Hugh Jorgan: 4-Green Machine, Hans Gruber, Like9Orphans, KevinSafeSpacey

I've got a couple of things to direct at LiteralGrill. First is the reason I included the above quotes: Your vote appears to have not counted. I'm guessing it's because you put "Vote:" rather than "Vote to lynch:".

The other is your answer to the prompt given by Hans, or more correctly your lack of an answer. You list me as probable town when the consensus is to believe my claim, and you list the guy with four other votes to lynch as probable scum. Nihil touched on this in his read of you, and I'll reiterate it: We need information. Your posts so far haven't given us any. Make reads based on the information you have now. You can adjust your reads based on new information, and in fact everyone's feelings about who is and isn't scum tend to change many times if they survive long enough. Information about what each player is thinking is crucial to town victory, and when a player dies and their role is revealed that information can be put into the context of trying to help the town (if they were town) or trying to hinder the town (if they were scum). In a hypothetical game where nobody said anything and the town lynched a random person every day, the mafia would win nearly every time. So refusing to give information is something that benefits the scum. We can appreciate that there isn't much to work with on Day 1, but we all have to use what little there is in order to create more.

In short: If you are town then put some thought into making more informative posts. If you are scum then feel free to stay the course, as currently you're on the short list for the noose.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Machine Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Ghosty wrote:
Bad thing:

Uh, Otaku? This is a problem. You're not suppose to edit your posts, period, readability be damned. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to decide right now whether I think this is an innocent mistake or a scummy cover up because I can't spare more time on Mafia today, but at least I'll have something to think about while I'm away from the game tomorrow.

Yeah, editing posts is expressly forbidden in the opening post. Everybody has to live with their misspellings, poor grammar, formatting mistakes, and autocorrect fails. We shall see soon enough whether the moderator has a zero-tolerance policy on that infraction. Anyone who isn't sure their post is readable should make use of the Preview button when posting.
Green Machine
Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:13 pm

I'll accept her vote for now, I missed it because I don't have enough time or the ability to update this every time I see a new post come in, so when I go to do the vote updats, I use Ctrl+f in order to find all of the votes so I can update everything properly.

So, @literal Grill and everyone else, if you don't put your vote in the proper format, don't expect it to be counted from now on.

Otaku, Why did you edit that post?

OFFICAL VOTE COUNT: 8 TO LYNCH
Hugh Jorgan: 5-Green Machine, Hans Gruber, Like9Orphans, KevinSafeSpacey, Literal Grill
Arc
Arc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 pm

I will begin by defending one of my posts.....

First off in the post where i stated my top 2 scum i voted for sisco for lack of posts i did not realize THR had also not posted (first timer trying to keep up) since i cannot vote for 2 lynchings due to my vanilla townie role i will

Vote to lynch: no one

2nd ghosty
After i reread my post i agree it did not make sense in how i voted. The post and my train of thought were running together. I posted on a short break in my day. Not alot of time to proofread.
It was meant to read you had dropped to 2nd on my scum list.

3rd
Since i lack the investigative experience of some of ypu i have been "winging it" the last few days.
I am beginning to understand you all more each post.

From this point forward i will begin earning your trust back.

If any of you have questions or concerns with me lets open up the lines for discussion......

Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku1889 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:34 pm

For transparency, I'll post my post in it's original format. As an explanation, I wrote out my post in microsoft word, copied it here, then posted without really looking at it. The first section ended up being a giant block of text, and as an English major, giant blocks of text annoy me on a fundamental level. So within the first few seconds of posting, I fixed what I saw as a minor, yet incredibly irksome, annoyance.

"I’ll go ahead and post some stuff addressing concerns that have been brought up in regards to me (specifically GM and Ghosty’s), as well as my top two town and scum players.
Defense:
-Nonsense question and the RVS portion: I feel my nonsense question was justifiable in both timing and content. Ask yourselves this: has that question distracted at all from GM’s claim? I would say no. The question is innocuous enough that it never halted serious discussion. My primary goal in posing that question was to incite any form of discussion, however small. It helps find out who’s invested enough to post, but either doesn’t know what to say (understandable for new players) or else wants to keep their head down (scum).
-As for my statements on Hugh and how that relates to the above, context is key. Calling for serious discussion is admirable, but said call was immediately dismissed in the same post by essentially saying “Let’s not talk about nonsense; instead let’s talk about nonsense!” Contradictions are a good indicator towards scumminess, and I wanted to point that out. I do see your (GM’s) point in how my calling that out might seem hypocritical given that I posted a relatively nonsensical question after, but I never said that non-serious questioning should’ve ended at that point, merely that it would’ve been a respectable thing to call for.
-Recapping past behaviors: I elected to not give my opinions on how past behavior might be relevant to current behavior largely because I felt giving a non-opinionated recap would help newcomers come to their own conclusions before being influenced further by theories. A good teacher doesn’t teach you what to think, but how to think for yourself. Side note: Dsilv inspired me to offer a recap when he asked if we could refer to past games. I realized new players would be at a disadvantage in regards to general knowledge, and I’m the kind of guy that prefers everyone be on the same playing field (Hence, recaps as objective as possible).
-Following the leader: I’ll concede that my readings of Ghosty and Hugh were probably too similar to Hans’, but in my defense, I do think that I made enough differences to say that I wasn’t just blindly jumping on a bandwagon. Firstly, in regards the Ghosty read, whereas Hans was more concerned with his “artificial” language, I was more concerned by the lack of questioning to prompt discussion. In regards to Hugh, I made a note of the contradictory nature of his call to action/continued joking, which wasn’t brought up before. While we’re on this subject, I’ve alluded to this before, but I think Ghosty redeemed himself with his novella of a post. Waiting for a bit before publishing an essay is very much part of his play-style, so I guess the lack of quick questioning is excusable.

Readings:
So, before I begin, I’m going to leave out Hugh Jorgan. He’s top of my scum list, but anything I could say about him now would be redundant. Instead, I’ll focus on my second and third choices for scum.
-Green Machine: Town. Just flat out. I’ve outlined before that I don’t think he’s done anything scummy, and that policy-lynching might be a waste of the town’s time and focus. Further, everything he’s done in this game is in-line with the play-style he used last time, where he was pro-town.
-Hans Gruber: Town. He’s been aggressively pursuing leads, particularly with irregularities in Ghosty’s posting, and with Hugh for obvious reasons. While aggressive behavior could be scummy, his most recent posts wherein he poses questions for everyone feels more town to me.
-LiteralGrill: Scummy. Thus far, LiteralGrill seems to fall under the “invested enough to post, but prefers to keep their head down” category, which as I’ve stated before, is either an inexperienced player thing, or a scum thing. I’m leaning towards scum right now due to their most recent post, wherein their town/scum reads are just restating the majority consensus.
-Mack Coffins: Scummy. In a similar situation to LiteralGrill, the main difference being that he hasn’t posted since things became serious. This mostly seems like a joke thing, but it’s pseudo-notable that his last action was pointing a finger at L9O, I guess. Otherwise I’ve got nothing else to work with with him…
Other reads:
-Like9Orphans: The problem with L9O is that he’s really good at hiding his scumminess. He made detailed and insightful, yet not altogether groundbreaking posts last game… Which is what pretty much any townie would do if they weren’t leaders in the discussion. So yeah, it’s going to be interesting trying to keep an eye out for anything unusual from him.
-Sisco and THR: I’m assuming from the lack of posting that these players aren’t scum, and don’t have major roles, elsewise they would’ve been invested enough to make some appearance by now…

Not going to vote on anyone right now. I would vote for Hugh, but I kinda want to keep the day running longer. More time means more info, afterall."
Otaku1889
Otaku1889

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next